Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM

118 posts, read 163,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I checked and the Hampton Inn in Brickell is indeed open. It's an avg. of $104 per night for your dates and includes free wi-fi and breakfast. It's also literally steps from both Metromover and Metrorail.

The address for the hotel is:
50 SW 12th Street, Miami, Florida, 33130

You can use Google Maps to get public transit information, or use the MDT site,
Miami-Dade County - Transit

Remember that Metromover is free.
thanks..and hampton inns are are good..never stayed at one before? and is ee this one is relatively new

this area is good also?

and by the way i just checked my dates and i dont see anything with the price that low
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,321,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamloco724 View Post
thanks..and hampton inns are are good..never stayed at one before? and is ee this one is relatively new

this area is good also?

and by the way i just checked my dates and i dont see anything with the price that low
Ah, I'm sorry, for some reason I had November on my mind and I used 11/27-11/30.

The Hampton Inn looks to be $195/night for that time (March)

Still looks cheaper than what I saw for the Double Tree, and it also is a MUCH better area (plus you get the free wifi and breakfast, both of which I believe are pay services at Double Tree)

Do a "drive" around both areas with Google street view and you'll notice the difference in the surrounding blocks.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:10 PM

118 posts, read 163,747 times
so i booked the hotel decided to stay in the downtown area and just take a cab to south beach we are staying at the epic from march 27th-30 then the 30th we check into the hyatt regency i believe its right across the street thats the hotel that was given to us via our travel package

so this is my plan as of now would like if you can give me eating suggestions and even travel routes via foot or transit to everywhere im going

kind of foods we are into very much into seafood,steak,sushi,ribs..pub type food as well pretty much the classic stuff price not really a factor..aslo if you can let me know whats the nearest supermarket and drugstore to my hotels

tues march 27th we will be landing around 630pm so i figure we check into the hotel then just eat dinner

wed thinking about going to the seaquarium then mary brickell village then out for dinner

thurs go to south beach shop then the wwe fan interaction at miami beach convention center then dinner in south beach either before or after that

friday possibly another session of the fan interaction at the convention center dinner south beach or downtown suggestions on other things to do besides shopping in south beach?

sat bayside marketplace then the hall of fame ceremony at american airlines arena dinner before hall of fame

sunday wrestlemania at sun life stadium either eat dinner early downtown or eat stadium food

mon monday night raw at american airlines arena dinner before suggestions on maybe what we can do to fill time during the day on this day?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:03 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,321,470 times
Quote:
so i booked the hotel decided to stay in the downtown area and just take a cab to south beach we are staying at the epic from march 27th-30 then the 30th we check into the hyatt regency i believe its right across the street thats the hotel that was given to us via our travel package
That is correct, the Hyatt and Epic are very close. You're really going to like the Epic. I haven't stayed there, but from all the reviews it is one of the best hotels in Miami.

Quote:
kind of foods we are into very much into seafood,steak,sushi,ribs..pub type food as well pretty much the classic stuff price not really a factor..aslo if you can let me know whats the nearest supermarket and drugstore to my hotels
You can eat at many different places throughout Downtown and Brickell. Mary Brickell Village's offerings:
Restaurants / Cafes

Additionally there is Perricone's right there, but it is technically not part of the MBV development so it's not on their page. The same goes for the restaurants along SE 10th Street.

Quote:
tues march 27th we will be landing around 630pm so i figure we check into the hotel then just eat dinner
If you take Super Shuttle from the airport, it may be cheaper than a cab. It's a shared service so you may ride with other people, but I have generally found that when going to Brickell, few ride it. Even if you do end up riding with people from Miami Beach, you will probably be the first stop. Unfortunately you're going to miss the opening of the Metrorail link to the airport by a month.

Quote:
wed thinking about going to the seaquarium then mary brickell village then out for dinner
Getting to the Seaquarium will be easy. It's a straight shot from Brickell on the 102 bus. There isn't terribly much to do at MBV so you might just eat at another restaurant there. Additionally you could go to Bayside Marketplace which has a lot more shopping as well as restaurants. It's Downtown and only a few blocks from Epic.

Quote:
friday possibly another session of the fan interaction at the convention center dinner south beach or downtown suggestions on other things to do besides shopping in south beach?
You could always go to the beach There are museums both in Miami Beach and Downtown, if that interests you.

Quote:
sat bayside marketplace then the hall of fame ceremony at american airlines arena dinner before hall of fame

sunday wrestlemania at sun life stadium either eat dinner early downtown or eat stadium food

mon monday night raw at american airlines arena dinner before suggestions on maybe what we can do to fill time during the day on this day?
Some other easily accessible places with things to do include:

Village of Merrick Park (located directly at the Douglas Road Metrorail stop. You can get on Metrorail at Government Center which is only a few blocks from Epic/Hyatt)

South Miami- includes shopping in town as well as at The Shops at Sunset Place (South Miami Metrorail stop)

Dadeland- has a very large mall as well as big box retail, restaurants, etc. Use the Dadeland North Metrorail stop.

Coconut Grove- Not terribly much to do here, but there is also shopping and dining. Use the Coconut Grove Metrorail stop and walk up and down SW 27th Ave, only. Do not go west of McDonald Street (SW 32nd Ave)

Vizcaya (Historical house)- Located at the Vizcaya Metrorail stop.

You can find more about transit here,
Miami-Dade County - Transit

Enjoy your trip!

Old 10-30-2011, 04:35 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,004,955 times
Quote:

This would be a good day to go to Mary Brickell. Very close walk. Have dinner than go to a bar or two.
Mary Brickell Village is a place to go have dinner and a bar, not a place to go before dinner. I say this day head to Lincoln Road. Plenty of places to eat. My favorite expensive spot would be Meatmarket, Normal prices Next Cafe. Walking up and town Lincoln road is great, lots of people watching, shops, food etc.. Than and easy short walk to Ocean Drive, or Washington Ave.
thurs go to south beach shop then the wwe fan interaction at miami beach convention center then dinner in south beach either before or after that
So many places to chose from there so its ok go to Miami Beach at night twice. If you like Italian Food I HIGHLY reccomend Hostria Romana on hispanola way. Also a very very cool and unique area of Miami Beach.
Hard to suggest stuff that is not downtown or Miami Beach without a car. But looks like you dont have a beach day planned. Go to the beach. Dont want to deal with Miami Beach try to find a way to Key Biscayne and Bill Baggs State Park. Viscaya is pretty cool, also there are museums in the area. Art, Science etc..

This would probably be a good dinner at bayside either after or before.

mon monday night raw at american airlines arena dinner before suggestions on maybe what we can do to fill time during the day on this day? Tour of Miami? By boat, Bus or amphibian bus (duck tour) Can even take a seaplane tour out of Port of Miami.
Answers in bold.
There is another thread on here about restaurants in Miami. I made a list of some great places to eat in Miami and Miami Beach.

There is a publix supermarket near Epic right in Marry Brickell. Icon right near Epic across the bridge also has a pretty good night club. "Club 50". Epic has a great, but expensive restaurant Zuma. I been there once food was very good. There is a CVS on SE 3rd Ave about 2 blocks from Epic.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:35 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,004,955 times
Here check this out for places to eat: //www.city-data.com/forum/miami...staurants.html

Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,127,761 times
Quote:
we bought a travel package through wwe so from fri the 30th to tues we are in the hyatt regency

so we were looking for a hotel for the 27th-30th

i think im going to go with the doubletree hilton its in the area it looks like it isnt a totally crappy hotel but its cheaper then most of the other ones in the area

now the big part about why im posting is neither of us drive so we will be wanting to walk whenever possible keeping cabs to a minimum i know theres some transit but i know nothing about the system there

so we will be taking a cab from mia airport to most likely doubletree what is by that hotel attraction wise that is walkable or short distance via cab or even transit

also for the 3 nights we are by that hotel food recommendations would be greatly appreciated pretty much like all types of food specifically seafood,steaks,sushi,burgers that kind of food

thurs night we will most likely be going to the fan axxess event which will be at the miami beach convention center..what do you think is the best way to get there cab or transit?

fri we will be switching to the hyatt regency so from there till tues need food recommendations for that and also whats in the area to do

sat we will be going to american airlines arena for hall of fame ceremony i believe this is walkable from the hotel please confirm this

sun we will be going to sun life stadium via bus provided by wwe should we eat before or is there anything by the stadium besides stadium food?

so once again whatever is walkable we would like to walk up to 1.5-2 miles is good and if you suggest transit for anything please provide detailed directions on how to do that where to get bus from and what not

thank you so much i really appreciate as many people as possible responding and helping me out
The Doubletree is accessable by transit from Miami Airport if you aren't carrying a lot of bags. You can catch the #150 bus to Miami Beach, and then catch the "A", "C", "S", "M", or #120 bus to the Omni, which is a couple of blocks from the hotel (of course, if you have a lot of luggage or you're traveling at night, take a cab).

I did that when I went to Miami with my mother and brother, but we're from NYC so we're used to taking transit.

The Miami Beach Convention Center is an easy trip by transit. Walk down to the Omni and catch the "A", "C", "S", "M", or #120 bus (the "A" is the fastest and most direct, so try to time yourself for it if possible)

There are many buses to South/Miami Beaches and the MetroMover goes to the heart of Downtown Miami for free. Here is a transit system map: http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/trans..._bus_large.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami