Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,426 times

Advertisements

***MOD CUT***

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that all those Eco-Animal Lovers that place more importance on a rare green roach than on a human are just modern-day nazis.

I live in a very rich town and you find old ladies pampering dogs from the strangest breeds found on the face of the earth, they spend thousands in foods, grooming, veterinarian clinics...and then you find people and kids sleeping out in the open..

I believe that Humans are first.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-26-2011 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM

163 posts, read 316,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
***MOD CUT***

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that all those Eco-Animal Lovers that place more importance on a rare green roach than on a human are just modern-day nazis.

I live in a very rich town and you find old ladies pampering dogs from the strangest breeds found on the face of the earth, they spend thousands in foods, grooming, veterinarian clinics...and then you find people and kids sleeping out in the open..

Thats a misconception, do you really think if someone cares about animals they care any less about humans? People who want to help animals want to help people just as much, that is just the avenue they are taking.

When animal cruelty is discussed people become angered and the anger towards the perpetrators comes out. And rightly so, animal abuse is connected to human abuse.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-26-2011 at 05:49 PM..

Old 10-26-2011, 09:00 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
***MOD CUT***

WHat, so it should be just fine to beat the heck out of a dog and starve them because there are homeless people? Has there ever been any point in history where there has not been homeless people and people in poverty?

So what if someone spends their money on something, how is it enyone's business what someone spends their money on? After a day's work, I really do not want someone telling me what I need to spend the fruits of my labor on.

And I do not quite see the relation between a nazi party member or supporter, and someone who goes overboard on spending on their animal. And again, the subject was animal cruelty, not spoiling an animal to the point of being ridiculous.

And no, I am not anglosaxon according to the definition (but love how you make sure to classify a group, which has no real entrenched connections anyway, then rally against anyone who speaks ill of other groups in your other posts).

As far as eco lovers are concerned, someone has to do something, though many are a bit too extreme. You might also mention the people who could care less about the environment, and will destroy anything in their path in order to make a dollar.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-26-2011 at 05:49 PM..

Old 10-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Thats a misconception, do you really think if someone cares about animals they care any less about humans? People who want to help animals want to help people just as much, that is just the avenue they are taking.

----

It's my experience.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Sometimes people get ridiculous with their pets. If someone feeds a pet 30 minutes late is animal abuse, if they discipline a pet is also animal abuse. then there are dumb people who become slaves of their own pets and expect others to do the same They can never leave their pet alone for 5 minutes because Rex will get depressed or Bella has to have 16 1/2 treats because if she gets 15 or 17 she will get mad or depressed. Its soooo Annoying. Then they raise all these animals with behavior problems that they created themselves. I've seen it all.

Animals are cute and everything but for Christ's sake, they are animals that dont feel or think the same way humans do.

As far as a human or pet starving ideally neither should starve and thank God we dont have to see children starving on the streets in the USA. But in societies where is common to see starving children or people, people do have different attitudes toward animals and its completetly understandable in my opinion.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 PM

Well, we don't have starving children here either and no stray dogs, but it's my experience that people that love their pets beyond measure don't care for humans, they don't care for their families and have a great mistrust in human beings.

It's just the same thing with people that go to church A LOT. People that go to church a lot, some people go daily, are GENERALLY very bad people.

Well, just an opinion extracted from a sample and there are exceptions.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,400 times
Quote:

----

It's my experience.
So people can't care for both (other people AND animals)? That's not been my experience. IMO, people who genuinely care are capable of caring for anything - animals or fellow humans. Some of the best people I met in Miami itself were also people who volunteered to help animals. Animals also bring lonely people (e.g. elderly people) companionship, so who are we to judge? Animal cruelty is disgusting.

And 'Princess', just because animals may not feel or think exactly the same way humans do, they feel pain and fear, just the same as we do...no excuse for animal cruelty.

Manolon, I do agree with you about many bible-thumpers though. They go to church on Sunday, but they're a--holes for the other 6 days of the week (at least many of them).

Last edited by Glasvegas; 10-26-2011 at 08:38 PM..

Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 PM

261 posts, read 397,333 times
I 4 one car about people and animals....treat others how you want to be treated, just one of my mottos

Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
I read a study once that a huge number of people on this planet are sociopaths - like 4%. That would explain a lot.

I agree with most here that if you don't love animals it is a sign there is something wrong with you emotionally.

But I also agree that there is something weird about crusading to save a kitten while millions starve and die in neverending war.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 PM

261 posts, read 397,333 times
kindness starts in your day to day life aswell, and on your door step
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami