Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:29 AM

163 posts, read 316,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
But I also agree that there is something weird about crusading to save a kitten while millions starve and die in neverending war.
See this is what i think is a misconception about being active in supporting animals. Anyone who spends time rescuing or assisting animal rescue in any ways would love to help starving people across the globe. But thats one issue of many....there is no one superseding issue. And it has a lot to do with being realistic, someone has much more to offer animal rescue in their city or town than they do to a war torn country in africa.
And not pointing the finger at you, but way too many people say things like that while they sit on the sidelines. Most of the criticism comes from those doing nothing...

And not to take this too off topic, but "animal rights" is mind boggling in modern society. If you keep a pig as a pet and beat it or keep it in awful conditions in your backyard most people would be upset and claim animal cruelty. But if its for food its perfectly fine? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 02:09 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
It is a mixed up world we live in isn't it? Most of us are crazy hypocrites anyways. I kinda agree meat is murder, but I'm addicted to it. And most human carnivores don't root for the hyena on those Wild Kingdom shows.

Another thing. Suppose you're standing in Africa observing a confrontation between the ever swelling populace of Africa and the last living wild elephant. Who do you shoot? Kill a human or exterminate a species? Not too long from now, someone will face that test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecofancy View Post
See this is what i think is a misconception about being active in supporting animals. Anyone who spends time rescuing or assisting animal rescue in any ways would love to help starving people across the globe. But thats one issue of many....there is no one superseding issue. And it has a lot to do with being realistic, someone has much more to offer animal rescue in their city or town than they do to a war torn country in africa.
And not pointing the finger at you, but way too many people say things like that while they sit on the sidelines. Most of the criticism comes from those doing nothing...

And not to take this too off topic, but "animal rights" is mind boggling in modern society. If you keep a pig as a pet and beat it or keep it in awful conditions in your backyard most people would be upset and claim animal cruelty. But if its for food its perfectly fine? Just a thought.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
My cat is my life. Any man in my life is second to him. I WILL NEVER date anyone who doesn't like animals. I will personally stop anyone I see mistreating their animal including stealing it and giving it a better life. Report to authorities or personal retaliation will ensue. Enough said???

Old 11-01-2011, 06:06 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,108,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
I read a study once that a huge number of people on this planet are sociopaths - like 4%. That would explain a lot.

I agree with most here that if you don't love animals it is a sign there is something wrong with you emotionally.

But I also agree that there is something weird about crusading to save a kitten while millions starve and die in neverending war.

-------

I still remember my great-uncle, he was a sheppard all his life.

He always had dogs, but for him his dogs were just "tools" that watched goats and sheeps and scared away wild dogs, nasty sunday drivers and creepo trekkers stepping on his prairies and meadows. His dogs always slept in the open, even during the snow season. They were trained by the sheppard, he used his stick or kicked them whenever they did something wrong.

Whener the dog went too far or did not do his work, he threw stones at them, and most of the times those stones found their target. Any sheppard could a be professional pitcher.

He didn't classify dogs by race. He always said that dogs were divided in "hard workers" and "lazy".

Since his behaviour was the behaviour of all the humanity a few generations ago, then according to the theory exposed above, all Humans are sociopaths.

Spanish proverbs:

Amor de mujer y halago de can, no duran si no les dan. (Woman's love and flattery of dog won't last if not rewarded).
Dame pan y llámame perro. (Give me bread and call me dog).
El que se acuesta con perros, amanece con pulgas. (If you lie with dogs, you'll wake up with flies).
Quien con perros se trata, aprende a alzar la pata.

Last edited by Manolón; 11-01-2011 at 06:35 AM..

Old 11-01-2011, 06:41 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Life was very difficult for many people during the 20 century let alone before that, and many people didn't even treat their children humanly. Who was gonna care for a dog or cat when there were children sleeping on the streets without shoes and working very hard since they were very 6-7 years old?

But many people now days have a lot of resources. There is no need to mistreat animals either. If you cant take care of animal, take it to animal control but dont abuse him or abandon him on the Everglades or tie him to a pole This is not the 17th or 19th century anymore.

I know this will rub some people the wrong way but abuse for me includes not spaying or neutering their pets, leaving dogs outside 24/7 in Miami's weather and breeding dogs to sell them on the road. If you cant keep your God darn dog inside please dont get one. Leave the trashy behavior for all the other trashy counties that surround us please or take it back to latin America if thats where your brought it from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami