Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:34 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiworshipper View Post
That nukie plant was one of Mias best kept secrets,until it was exposed (to me) in an...episode of CSI Miami...
Guys,if that nukie has a grave accident,not only Homestead but the whole Miami-Dade county wil be like Chernobyl...
So,I guess it is an either/or situation. Either it works well & we benefit from Homestead cheap prices or it ...explodes & we run to ...Georgia...
BTW,who was the genius with that fine idea to built a nukie in the most fertile land & one of the most touristic places in USA ..?
Hey dude, welcome to America. That's only the first layer of the onion. No secret at all.

OBTW, that Chernobyl stuff could never happen here. After all, we're Americans and we know wtf we're doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 04:57 PM

89 posts, read 274,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
OP said he lived in a favela.
ˆI've been living in City of God (Cidade de Deus) for 2.5 years now, although things are sure to change when we have kids, I've actually enjoyed living in the slums. I loved working there too, as well as similar communities back in the states (worked for Atlanta Public Schools, Norfolk, VA, and DC Public Schools). So I'm looking to work in the poor performing schools, and with our experience in the slums, I prefer a simple life to the more lavish, bigger homes. Hopefully that's doable there in SF

Old 11-23-2011, 08:09 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,134,209 times
I would be interested in hearing about your future experience about working in underperfrming US (Miami) schools after being in the slums of Brazil.

I think so many of our students do not see the value of education and resent being forced to study, while in other countries, studying is a privilege and there isn't room for everyone. It is harder for me to be compassionate with students who are just lazy or are unmotivated because they idolize gang and prison culture. But when I see students who want to excel despite their surroundings, I in turn do everything I can to encourage that.

I guess if you find motivating the unmotivated students rewarding, you will enjoy your experience in the Miami Dade Public Schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami