Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 PM

350 posts, read 1,522,033 times

Advertisements

Ok, seriously... Anyone here know where I can get some good Italian desserts in Miami? I'm going to an Italian-themed dinner party and I've got dessert detail. I've already thought of Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, and Mario the Baker. I think their desserts are probably too commercial/bland but I'll go there if I can't find anything better. Then there's Laurenzo's in NMB (excellent but too far). I seem to remember a place in a shopping center on US1 in the Pinecrest area years ago, not sure if it's still there... don't remember the name. That's far, too, but I'll drive there because I'm curious to see it again. Does Norman Brothers sell cannolis? I don't necessarily have to have cannolis, but I haven't had one in a while, so it would be nice. Not interested in tiramisu. Gelato or anything different and unusual would be good. Doral area is preferable. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM

13 posts, read 73,888 times
How about Epicure in South Beach? It's on Alton North of Lincoln Road and they have killer desserts (black-out cake is my favorite). I don't know the Doral area at all though, so I'm sorry I can't help.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:35 AM

96 posts, read 344,607 times
Nexxt cafe on Lincoln Road has great deserts including Cannoli. I personally find that Publix also has good cheesecake, cannolis, and tiramisu.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Yeah, I forgot about the Beach. Good ideas, thanks!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 AM

3 posts, read 9,021 times
hey buddy.

Lorenzos @ 164th st & west dixie highway
awesome/complete italian supermarket.. great selection of wine & champagne, fresh pastas, pastry, seafood, deli, decent homestyle lasagna @ cafeteria, great spicy italian sausage.. etc etc.. IMO they got the best cheesecake in Miami, besides a fried cheesecake I had @ shimas & cheesecake factory.

as far as cannolis, they have mini cannolis, chocolate cannolis, plain w/o chocolate chip and will put powdered sugar if you ask.. and are VERY GOOD!

The only other italian pastry place I'd recommend is ginos, but, its been a while since I went,, forgot the address, sorry.

good luck

Old 09-09-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1313 View Post
hey buddy.

Lorenzos @ 164th st & west dixie highway
awesome/complete italian supermarket.. great selection of wine & champagne, fresh pastas, pastry, seafood, deli, decent homestyle lasagna @ cafeteria, great spicy italian sausage.. etc etc.. IMO they got the best cheesecake in Miami, besides a fried cheesecake I had @ shimas & cheesecake factory.

as far as cannolis, they have mini cannolis, chocolate cannolis, plain w/o chocolate chip and will put powdered sugar if you ask.. and are VERY GOOD!

That's Laurenzo's, the place I mentioned in my OP, and yes, ITA with everything you say about them! They are the best! But normally too long a schlep for me. I like to stop by there when I'm in the area. Thanks!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM

212 posts, read 426,667 times
Anacapri in Pinecrest. It's in a shopping center at NE corner of SW 128 & US1. There's the restaurant, and next door is a food market. Another alternative, and I know you mentioned you didn't want to do tiramisu, is Costco. They have the BEST storebought tiramisu. My in-laws are Italian, and I served it at a dinner party, sliced quickly and easily into cubes into martini glasses while still frozen. Try it, you'll like it.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 PM

Not sure if Anacapri is the same one I remember, but I'll have to check it out. Your tiramisu idea sounds good, and all my friends love tiramisu, I'm the only one who doesn't, so maybe I'll give it a try anyway! Thanks.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:59 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
Thumbs up good recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by investorscooter View Post
Anacapri in Pinecrest. It's in a shopping center at NE corner of SW 128 & US1. There's the restaurant, and next door is a food market. Another alternative, and I know you mentioned you didn't want to do tiramisu, is Costco. They have the BEST storebought tiramisu. My in-laws are Italian, and I served it at a dinner party, sliced quickly and easily into cubes into martini glasses while still frozen. Try it, you'll like it.
good recommendation

Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM

60 posts, read 430,930 times
I believe the place you are referring to in Pinecrest is called Di Napoli. Its on US 1 in the same shopping center as Wild Oats (formerly a Publix.) Its a great, small little italian restaurant that does their pizza's in a real brick oven... yummmmm! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami