Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
One other thing quickly.

I'm finding more people in Delray who live here 6 months out of the year than Miami. I'm not sure if there are actually more, or I that didn't find those types of people in Miami but I've met more than a few part timers who are semi long term residents.
Welcome to Snowbird Land! If your snowbirds are anything like the ones on the west coast - where I use to live - you'll eventually want to kill yourself if you don't get out in time. If they are as rude, arrogant and aggressive you'll be wanting to hit the exit in a few years, tops. If you like fast-paced it will be even sooner. I lived in the Fort Myers-Bonita Springs area. No. Thank. You. That crew over there might be much nicer, though.

By the way, have you ever heard of black and Hispanics that live decent lives? Have middle class and white or blue collar existences? It's quite prevalent in a lot of the country, mine included. I found your attitude to be very offensive. You put it all out there so I can, too, I guess. Nothing personal, though. Besides you were repeatedly told the pitfalls of where you were moving to, specifically that neighborhood, on CD. Why do you not acknowledge that?

Last edited by hiknapster; 12-17-2011 at 05:24 AM..

Old 12-17-2011, 05:21 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
[quote=xS☺Be;22156437][quote=Jmlacysr;22156360]

You just gotta work work on your Miami Style game Big Daddy

Actually, I'm trying to undo most of the Miami. I'm walking much more, picked up Tennis again, I eat healthier and spend more time on the water. I bought a new wardrobe and cleaned everything I own twice. Looking for a GF and fishing more. You know..enjoy a nice life and I'll have less time to complain.

My son still has his Dominican GF in MB. He imports her up here a few days a week. It's harder to get him away from Miami but he's rethinking her now.

Btw, there's a lot of Plano, Allen, McKinney Texas in Delray if I had to pick an area of Dallas that matched the vibe and pace and possibly Mc/Kinney the most.

Yeah, not bad. It's an English speaking Surfside

Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I found your attitude to be very offensive. You put it all out there so I can, too, I guess. Nothing personal, though.
No offense taken or meant.

It's impossible to described my circumstance and experiences without the mention of culture because it was so different than my own before moving to Miami.

The impact of the cultures there, to the degree they do, is something one should not overlook when moving to Miami.

I can't be more specific than to say, I don't like the Hispanic or Black culture. I can't say, I didn't like the Brazilian culture over the Cuban or preferred the culture of Jamaica over someone from Bermuda. I never knew where anybody was from in Miami.

It wasn't Miami, it was the cultures there that dominated my life. It was the least USA city I had ever visited. Honking your car horn is worse in Havana I'm told and if you find that objectionable, why wouldn't you move?

I bought a used car in Miami and it was ridiculous because I could not speak the language. Cars were advertised falsely, people would not respond or show up. I should tell my car story sometime as it's so typical of my life in Miami and the frustrations I had.

Maybe shading the truth a bit and not doing what you agreed to do is more acceptable in Miami than Dallas Texas.

People keep trying to pull race into what I'm saying, and I keep saying it only has to do with the culture that is in Miami. I didn't like the greedy, pretentious white people either but notice what just said. I described "behaviors" not races. It's the behaviors that ran me out of Miami, not the races.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Anthony Bourdain the food critic was in town he compared Miami to a song. You might like the beat of the song but you don't necessarily like the actually words of the song. Miami is a very different city than most US cities and until someone lives here then can not understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami