Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 04:19 AM

683 posts, read 1,469,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
There are no prosperous neighborhoods exclusively populated by Colombians.
Exactly, neighborhoods in Miami are populated by people from everywhere, people here are not segregated (people from up north + Spanish speaking/Portuguese speaking Miamians + Europeans). Well, there is one exception, African U.S. Anglo American people are located in areas where no other people wants to live (with them) so these African Anglos ended up living in places where only African Anglos live.

Dark Skinned Latin Americans do live in normal neighborhoods melted with everybody, they are not 100% African blooded, they have ancestors from Africa and Europe and native, and they look a bizzillion times better than African Anglo U.S. Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 06:39 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelgot View Post
Key Byscaine
Of course, you find many nationalities there but a lot of Colombians.
Key Byscayne is mostly a South American (south of equator) kindda deal... Peruvians, Argentines, Chileans, Brazilians... and Mexicans.

Prosperous Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Colombians, venezuelans, Nicas... are not really "OCEANFRONT/BEACH" people, they tend to be more of the "Dade Mainland" kind.

The difference between the two is that the "mainland rich" is an immigrant (in most cases, not all) while the "oceanfront rich" only owns a summer condo and comes here once in a while for business reasons. The ladder can't be considered an immigrant as he is just a prosperous guy who has assets not only here, but in many places all over the world.

Last edited by WINTERFRONT; 02-18-2012 at 06:50 AM..

Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
How about just South Americans or do they just live in prosperous neighborhoods regardless of race?
Yeah, no such thing as "different" races here, people live all around and are welcomed everywhere.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Weston is in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale area). There is a large Colombian population in Weston and it is a very nice city.

Agreed .. also hate to be politically incorrect .. but the class of Colombians that you have in Weston are not like what you have in Kendall or Miami Gardens ..... Colombians in Weston are mostly professional , somewhat snobby , well to do and from Bogota .... Colombians from Kendall are majority "paisas" from Medellin and more working class .. I have had this explained to me by Colombian friends many times and after spending some time in West Kendall a few weeks ago I confirmed it !!

Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Agreed .. also hate to be politically incorrect .. but the class of Colombians that you have in Weston are not like what you have in Kendall or Miami Gardens ..... Colombians in Weston are mostly professional , somewhat snobby , well to do and from Bogota .... Colombians from Kendall are majority "paisas" from Medellin and more working class .. I have had this explained to me by Colombian friends many times and after spending some time in West Kendall a few weeks ago I confirmed it !!
Bogota is where the rich Colombians live but trust me they have their share of poor and working class people who make it to US soil.

Colombians hate each other, especially Cali, Bogota and Medellin and then they make fun of the rest of the country. Take any comment a Colombian says about people from another city with a grain of salt.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Colombian is the second largest ancestry after Cuban in the South Florida.
Do you mean NATIONALITY?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 AM

48 posts, read 95,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Exactly, neighborhoods in Miami are populated by people from everywhere, people here are not segregated (people from up north + Spanish speaking/Portuguese speaking Miamians + Europeans). Well, there is one exception, African U.S. Anglo American people are located in areas where no other people wants to live (with them) so these African Anglos ended up living in places where only African Anglos live.

Dark Skinned Latin Americans do live in normal neighborhoods melted with everybody, they are not 100% African blooded, they have ancestors from Africa and Europe and native, and they look a bizzillion times better than African Anglo U.S. Americans.

African Americans live in these areas because they were not ALLOWED to purchase homes outside these areas less than 50 years ago. Unlike Latin America African Americans we were not given minimum rights, and had to fight for the freedom that they currently have, which is a good thing, because now we enjoy much more freedom than in Latin countries. AA fight for Civil Rights, that are now enjoyed by all races, and I don't understand how recent migrants, feel they can disrespect African Americans.

You sound like someone who is uneducated and not well traveled. As a person who has traveled to the majority of Spanish Speaking Latin America, I can tell you that every country that has a black population has people that are direct African descendants. In Colombia there are entire regions of African descendants that have much stronger African features than the average African American. Plus a large majority of African Americans are not 100% African blooded. From Lena Horne to Beyonce, AA come in all shades, and are very proud of their heritage.

Also to the original poster, If you need to be around all Colombians, why don't you move back to Colombia? Surely that is the quickest solution. What is the Colombian vibe its so varied? I mean, I feel like Manizales has the vibe of a city from Utah. Anyone I've met from La Zona Cafetera don't even listen to Vallenato.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM

202 posts, read 568,121 times
The problem with you people is that you are going to repeat the same trash 100 years from now.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buahh View Post
The problem with you people is that you are going to repeat the same trash 100 years from now.
We will not repeat the same trash 100 years from now because we will be dead.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
We will not repeat the same trash 100 years from now because we will be dead.
Your offspring will continue your legacy.

Anyway, black people from Colombia look different because they come from a different region in Africa. They also have less overweight issues than Americans. Mixing took place there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami