Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 12:20 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,200,921 times

Advertisements

Actually, Honolulu is the warmest major city in the USA in winter--but maybe you didn't count it as a major city, since it's much smaller.

Also, low 70sF aren't cool or non-tropical. The bigger issue with qualifying Miami as truly tropical would be the cooler nighttime temperatures that make it down there every winter (40sF and sometimes lower). It might only be for a few days, but it still happens every winter nonetheless. Then there are daytime temps that are in the 60sF (and sometimes even below that) when those cold fronts come in. This doesn't happen in the tropical areas, unless it's at a high elevation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 03:05 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Actually, Honolulu is the warmest major city in the USA in winter--but maybe you didn't count it as a major city, since it's much smaller.

Also, low 70sF aren't cool or non-tropical. The bigger issue with qualifying Miami as truly tropical would be the cooler nighttime temperatures that make it down there every winter (40sF and sometimes lower). It might only be for a few days, but it still happens every winter nonetheless. Then there are daytime temps that are in the 60sF (and sometimes even below that) when those cold fronts come in. This doesn't happen in the tropical areas, unless it's at a high elevation.
Honolulu doesn't have a MSA of over 1 million (it comes close though in the 900,000s+!) so no, I don't count it as a major city. When I visited Hawaii I went to Maui, never been to Honolulu, maybe it feels like a major city, and for all intents and purposes, is. I just don't know, so I go by statistics.

Maui on the other hand was very sleepy, if you weren't there for the beach I could see how you'd be bored out of your mind.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:02 PM

696 posts, read 1,169,296 times
This thread has been exhausted. Miami has tropical climate. DEAL WITH IT.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:53 PM

4 posts, read 4,304 times
NO, Miami DOES NOT have a tropical climate.......

COSTA RICA DOES......

Old 02-23-2015, 09:12 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,154 times
Quote:

Then 362 days out of the year Miami is tropical

Old 02-23-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:

Then 362 days out of the year Miami is tropical

Old 02-25-2015, 05:51 PM

13 posts, read 17,554 times
As more South you go as more tropical feels it!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:48 PM

22 posts, read 19,501 times
Idk why but i believe that Miami is TROPICAL.. Temperature in late february and december is same as Bandung, but if there were a cold snap temperature could drop but yet still rising more than 65°F after it.... I live in Jakarta which is true true tropics.. And been living in Miami for about 2 years and i know its tropic because the flora & fauna is close to the true tropics.. Also temperature is warm year round.. Winter in miami is like dry season in jakarta except for cold spells that can make day are a bit cool but after that warm again.. Miami is not Cwa too..because is not quite cold in winter and temperature can still reach 77°F.. Thanks..

Old 03-30-2016, 12:51 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,041,025 times
Miami not tropical.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:14 PM

[quote=SuperMario;43540644]Miami not tropical.[/quote

Miami tropical]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami