Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 6,722 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, myself and my wife will be relocating to Miami in June. I am from New York and my wife from Lima Peru so the problems that come with a big city are not an issue for us.

We dont have any family or friends that live in the area so we are kind of lost as to where it would be nice to live. Have heard alot of nice things about aventura, north miami beach, miami shores, coral gables, kendall, and coconut grove. can anybody give us some advise on these places?

We are really looking for something affordable, not too cheap and slummy but not very very expensive. We have been doing alot of looking on the internet and there is a TON of gated community living. This looks nice and everyting, with the perks that come along with it...but we prefer to live in a duplex or something that is privately owned in a bit of a residential area..can anybody give me some direction as to where to look for duplexes (for rent). I have found a few on craigslist but most of it is spam.

thanks alot for your help and am looking forward to leaving the north and joining you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 AM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,191,152 times
Where will you be working?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 AM

I work from home so thats not really much of an issue...my wife has yet to find work but she works in communications and marking..I would imagine most of the firms are located downtown...we were thinking we would like to live in between ft lauderdale and miami so that she can look for work in both places...is this a good idea??? suggestions???

Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM

355 posts, read 1,584,071 times
There are duplexes in North Miami, and North Miami Beach. But not many. In the older section of Cooper City (Summertime Isles), there are duplexes, too. You may want to consider a townhouse with a park nearby, because there are more townhouses than duplexes.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,943,812 times
North Miami Beach, especially close to West Dixie and north of 163rd, also near the Skylake Mall. The thing about townhouses is they tend to be in gated communities. They're not the urban type of townhouse you'd find, say, in the East Coast.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 AM

261 posts, read 397,600 times
Hey there, welcome to Miami!! If you want an awesome real estate lady to help you, let me know, as the one we used was EXCELLENT! We are English and lived in Germany, and she was the BEST person to hep us, and we successfully found what we wanted with her help.. I cannot recommend her enough... Kind regards

Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 PM

can anybody suggest any nice gated communities in or close to aventura or north miami??

Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,943,812 times
I thought you didn't want a gated community? The only one I know enough about to recommend is Lincoln Pointe in Aventura. Biscayne Lake Gardens is not as nice, but it's probably the most affordable in Aventura. Other ones I know of are Portofino at Biscayne and Watermarke. I hear mostly mixed information about them, you'd have some more sketchy neighbors there, but I don't think it's particularly dangerous. Oh, also I had a friend who lived in the Greynolds Park Club, it's also a decent and affordable place. Note all the above are condos and apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami