Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 06:09 AM

224 posts, read 1,001,418 times

Advertisements

also clarify what your rental budget is... There are some very nice places to rent just west of 57th Ave between Bird Road and Coral Way... I am not a fan of Kendall because of everything that has been mentioned here... Commutes are tough all day long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM

535 posts, read 1,410,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
That area wasn't always like that. I lived on Sunset and 152nd around 84-85. It was very nice. We used to walk to the shopping center on the SE corner. Back then there was even a Hallmark shop there! I lived in the townhouses on the NW corner. People were very nice and you didn't need to speak Spanish at all. Seems like a lifetime ago.
Not anymore... there're many sketchy looking people around this area, especially in the gas stations on sunset and 152 ave... I heard this area is not a really good place to be from many people...

Now you need spanish no matter or what... they don't understand not even the word cheese and they won't make any effort to do it.... don't even bother saying "good afternoon", you'll not get a reply...

Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 AM

79 posts, read 151,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef1999 View Post
My husband and I and our 2 dogs are moving to Miami in one month. He will be working in West Miami, so we are looking at houses in Kendall. We would not like an apartment or a condo, we would rather have a house and possibly a yard. Is Kendall a good area? We have looked at Cutler Bay and Coral Gables, but I think they will be too far for his commute. Does anyone have any advice for house hunting? We also need a garage. He will be in town for a few days looking at houses with a realtor, but I would love some opinions. Thanks in advance!
There are some good pockets to live in in Kendall. The challenge is the traffic. I live 6 miles from my jobs and sometimes it will take upwards of 45 minutes (especially when it is raining) to get to work. West Kendall has some nicer areas but it is also further out than other mentioned areas. There are some nice older neighborhoods behind Baptist Hospital with large yards and many homes have garages. Kendall is a bustling urban/suburban area. When visiting, be sure to be there during commute times so you can see how the traffic really is.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:03 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Not anymore... there're many sketchy looking people around this area, especially in the gas stations on sunset and 152 ave... I heard this area is not a really good place to be from many people...

Now you need spanish no matter or what... they don't understand not even the word cheese and they won't make any effort to do it.... don't even bother saying "good afternoon", you'll not get a reply...
Yeah, it went downhill a looong time ago. I was just mentioning how it was so different in the 80's there. It makes me sad when I come home on Sunset Drive and pass through that intersection.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
It's not that bad anymore though. It used to be more ghetto at one point... that area went through a short dark chapter that only lasted less than decade. 1999 - 2007?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami