Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 PM

106 posts, read 221,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfside__ View Post
OH yeah just keep a look out for me on the news
For your sake, let's hope not. The only reason Urban Beach Weekend would be on the news is if there was another shooting! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 06:04 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
The problem with the Memorial Beach weekend is scale. This weekend is simply too big for tiny SouthBeach.
Nothing's too big for South Beach. Super Bowl Weekend. Nuff said.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Let me help you with that. People who go there!!

1-Most people who go there are a bunch of broke youngsters, with no degrees, no businesses, nothing of value. The way they act, the way the streets look dirty says it all. It is for broke people. That's the only weekend that waiters are chasing people to pay their tabs. You can't be real about what you said. You Tube videos are YOUR enemy in this case. Show me one video where the person speaks clearly to introduce their Memorial Day weekend in South Beach.

2. Tasteless people period. Do you think educated blacks go there to mingle with the losers they work so hard to alienate themselves from? My wife is black, I'm mixed and we don't go there. We're not part of that crowd. Many of my close friends are what, you ask? Black, mostly Caribbean. Whether they live in So Florida or not, they know not to go there around that time.
I wonder if race has anything to do with it. No, it's the quality (or lack thereof) that attend the events going on around that time. So again, you're wrong. So the white people who don't go there are just as smart as the blacks that don't go there.

3 & 4. Oh yeah, get shot to prove your manhood. Not going to a ghetto spot does not make you a wuss. I'm not afraid of thugs, but won't expose myself around them. I'm a family man, with a life that does not resemble the "goons" as you call it, on South Beach. You're on your own on that one. Be real. The crowd is ghetto, ugly.

Big booties are nice and all... But I don't have to attend such low quality event to see pretty women with nice arses. Half of them are grilled up anyways. I like pearly whites on my women, whether black or white.

There is nothing tasteful about a Chevy sitting on 26s, with a pink paint job or some stupid theme like Sponge Bob or M&Ms on it. With a bunch of thugs at the wheels. You want classy cars, you want to see fast cars, go 100 miles North to West Palm and see a few nice cars running at the track, or on South Beach any given night. Not Memorial Weekend. Nothing but ghetto cars, ghetto chicks, and ghetto mindsets. How about we have a bet? I will bet you there will be another shooting, stabbing, or drama that weekend. Put your money where your mouth is.

You don't even see tasteful black artists down there that weekend. IT's for a reason. It's not their crowd either. So your list is for people with your mindset. In 10-15 years, if you evolve, you'll see it as tasteless as well. If you don't you'll have wasted 10-15 yrs of your life. Have fun!!
I can see what you mean in the rest of the statement, but I don't see the big deal about souping up new cars like the new dodge chargers. What's wrong with a pink charger with huge rims and neon lights on it's bottom? Maybe they just like innovation and variety in the whips they drive? What's wrong with fixing up old cars? There's a huge diffirence between straight up Coonery and Bafoonery, and just fixing, souping up, or painting a damn car. I don't think I've seen an event where a few bad seeds can spoil a bunch. 1,000,000 rapes, shootings, fights, drunk frats can go down at Mardi Gras, but no one says a word. Let 5 Negros get out of line, then EVERYBODY associated with the event is a coon.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
No, my friend. You don't have a clue. You're full of senseless reasons as to why certain people don't go. I'm surprised you can read and write. After Memorial Day if you haven't spent a night in the patty wagon, please come here and enlighten us about your dream weekend with your low lives.

Let's be real. If the residents don't want them there, that's enough proof that these are "the losers of all losers" attending the event. Again, show me classy black folks attending the event. You have no idea what class is. If that's the benchmark of fun for you, then my friend, please stay in the ghetto you call home. You have a lot to learn. Again, you had to scale back because you know the place is packed with losers and people who call Dade County JAil their weekend getaway on any given weekend.

I don't need YOU TUBE, you fool. Channel 2, 6, 7, 10 news is enough. I don't have to look for them. The news will cover these clowns that weekend anyways. They always do. There's always a shooting, or stabbing. So, again we'll see. You have no power to tell them how to behave. That's on them. But for us to dismiss it, is absurd at best.

No smarty! But again, anyone with half a brain can make an assessment of who goes there. These idiots don't value anything. You are defending fools who don't care about you or themselves. Waste your time. Again, I hope this year you and your clowns get towed, arrested, and hopefully discouraged from coming and ruining a decent place. It's sad the city and the businesses have yet to sit down and find a way to curb this nonsense. They see it as a money maker, since these thugs don't know how to keep money in their communities.... OOOH (I went there...so what?). Why do you think the city of Atlanta banned similar events? SAME OUTCOME!! Once you're honest with your misguided self, you'll silently admit to yourself what I'm telling you.

So what you're telling me is white people are generic, but 50 million thugs wearing the same dreads and gold teeth aren't? Have you lost your mind? These fools are sheep themselves.... Again, I'm mixed, you dickbag. My father is black (mulatto islander), mom is white. My wife is black. What does that make my kids, and my wife? I have black in my blood, but I'm calling idiots who don't want to elevate themselves and make excuses to behaviors I see in places like these. You need to look at yourself in the mirror and be honest. If not, keep denying your ignorance and carry on.

You're right. You can get shot anywhere. Agreed. But being in these low life environments increases your chances.

Well show me where shootings occur often at: Country, R&B, JAZZ, Classical music events. There was an EDM event in Miami recently. How many people got shot there? Show me the proof or shut your trap. Yes, the crowd is ugly. Girls with pink, purple hair, gold teeth, dudes that act like savages. I'm not making it up.

You probably don't have any yourself. That's why you're like a savage hunting for some booty on Memorial Day. I have a beautiful wife and kids. I have better things to do, than to look forward to getting in a patty wagon. Good Luck!!

I actually have a few cars. Go check me on different forums. If you have time to get a computer in your community center, feel free to browse and see what other groups I belong to. Let's see yours. And please, when was the last time you saw anyone of class drive a car on 26" wheels with a Tony the Tiger paint scheme? "They're GREEAAT!" GTFOOH...

Only fools do that. They're targeted by the police moreso. Chevy Caprices, Impalas, Monte Carlos on 22-26" wheels..Donks. Car looking to be stopped by the cops. So, again nothing unique there.

Yeah, Have Fun!! I hear Miami Beach PD will be dealing with your loser kind this time around. Enjoy your stay in the patty wagon, Dont run after eating your meal. Pay for it first!! And hope you don't get hit on the head with the bottle of Gray Goose or Ciroc at the club by some clown that looks just like you!!
ONCE Again. Blacks with Pink/Green/Blue hair=Ghetto. White with Pink/Green/Blue hair=EDM/Dubstep/Techno/etc, etc. Weed usage=Ghetto, Ecstacy=Kids just having fun. I get that there's an element of perceived coonery, but for god sakes can anyboday at least kinda see the double standard? Some of those damn EDM Hipsters even take elements of Southern rap and use it in Dubstep. They've already taken elements of Southern hip-hop culture and incorporated it in some of their subgenres like Trillwave/Hipster Southern "Swag" rap/etc. Soon all that is considered coonery will be seen as artistic when those EDM/Hip-Hop Hipster crowd incorporates those elements.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
"Weed usage=Ghetto"

Never thought of Willy Nelson as ghetto.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 PM

419 posts, read 998,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I can see what you mean in the rest of the statement, but I don't see the big deal about souping up new cars like the new dodge chargers. What's wrong with a pink charger with huge rims and neon lights on it's bottom? Maybe they just like innovation and variety in the whips they drive? What's wrong with fixing up old cars? There's a huge diffirence between straight up Coonery and Bafoonery, and just fixing, souping up, or painting a damn car. I don't think I've seen an event where a few bad seeds can spoil a bunch. 1,000,000 rapes, shootings, fights, drunk frats can go down at Mardi Gras, but no one says a word. Let 5 Negros get out of line, then EVERYBODY associated with the event is a coon.
Quote:
ONCE Again. Blacks with Pink/Green/Blue hair=Ghetto. White with Pink/Green/Blue hair=EDM/Dubstep/Techno/etc, etc. Weed usage=Ghetto, Ecstacy=Kids just having fun. I get that there's an element of perceived coonery, but for god sakes can anyboday at least kinda see the double standard? Some of those damn EDM Hipsters even take elements of Southern rap and use it in Dubstep. They've already taken elements of Southern hip-hop culture and incorporated it in some of their subgenres like Trillwave/Hipster Southern "Swag" rap/etc. Soon all that is considered coonery will be seen as artistic when those EDM/Hip-Hop Hipster crowd incorporates those elements.
Good points

Old 05-17-2012, 03:25 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Hey, it's not my taste. But let's be real, if you're driving in a subdivision of $500k homes, and you see house #1 with a Toyota Highlander/Vw Passat, the next with a MB S class/Jeep Cherokee, then a few houses down, you see a house with DONKs, You know (not assume) what kind of people live there or frequent that residence. Not classy.

If painting your car pink, purple, bowling ball scheme or with some theme like Cheerios on it (free ads for some companies ) is beautiful to you, then be it. But we all know what crowd likes to drive and set up their cars that way. I'm not sugarcoating things here. When I go to race events or car shows where the crowd is affluent, or really into motorsports, you wont see Donks there, but the Donks are at shows where the not so well-to-do/ less educated crowds frequent. It's a fact. If I'm being a classist, so be it. I'll accept it. If DMV were to do a search on these types of cars, where do you honestly think they'd find them?

You will always have an exception there. Someone who appreciates these cars, but does not fit the demographics that'll probably build one because he/she appreciates them. But to deny who drives these cars in general, is lying. Some People are being very politically correct here, but I won't hold back. I got so many rep points on my replies to Surfside. That alone speaks volumes.

I'm all for variety, but doesn't mean I like it all. Big difference.

Quote:
Again, why aren't classy black women doing them? Because they're educated, well raised, and know better. No, they're not trying to sell out or pretend to be white . That's the problem with mindsets like Surfside. If a black person doesn't act thuggish, wear gold teeth, do stupid acts, they're not keeping it real. That's called ignorance, and that's what these people are doing in So. Beach on Memorial weekend.

You're trying to make the double standard argument, and I understand you clearly. But you're failing to see the picture. You said it yourself; 5 negroes act up and the world is up in arms. 5 Negros acting up, is 5 too many. They should hold themselves to a higher standard. I used to mentor kids in South Florida for Big Brothers, Big Sisters. It was not easy fighting that mentality, teaching kids that speaking properly is nothing to be embarrassed about, that putting a belt on, is part of your attire etc.

I'm not some racist, conservative/Redneck ranting on C/D (if you have that mental picture of me/Far from it my friend).

I'm just being truthful, then you have losers that won't stop at anything to make invalid points because they honor buffoonery.

Surfside, You can feel free to answer. I'm talking about you..

Old 05-17-2012, 03:30 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLrunner View Post
Awesome .... I will make sure I am as far away from there as possible this weekend ...

Old 05-17-2012, 03:34 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Awesome .... I will make sure I am as far away from there as possible this weekend ...

This is the first time that I wish it rains non-stop that weekend in South Beach.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:55 PM

419 posts, read 998,740 times
Quote:
Hey, it's not my taste. But let's be real, if you're driving in a subdivision of $500k homes, and you see house #1 with a Toyota Highlander/Vw Passat, the next with a MB S class/Jeep Cherokee, then a few houses down, you see a house with DONKs, You know (not assume) what kind of people live there or frequent that residence. Not classy.
What about a mercedes benz on nice rims? a bently on nice rims? Nice luxury cars souped up what are your thoughts than? Same type of crowd likes to soup expensive cars as well not just donks, so I'm assuming you are saying the same thing to people driving benz, and bmws that do that same to their car.

Quote:
When I go to race events or car shows where the crowd is affluent, or really into motorsports, you wont see Donks there
Wow people that go to race car events are usually rednecks.. If you consider rednecks "affluent" and of "class" than you really need to re-consider everything you've said here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami