Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 04:40 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stationplay View Post
I hope it gets bigger albeit calmer. I was down for Sizzle and could tell it was very calm. The police presence was a bit retarded. A friend of mine got maced and harassed driving his rental into south beach. Thrown against the car just all sorts of foolishness. I got asked for my ID about a zillion times walking to the bar. It was a little too much compared to the year before. All you needed was a couple more officers to keep a presence there. Not a full out war zone.

those guys were waiting for something to jump off. lol. It was almost comical. Sometimes the police make the scene more hostile that what someone thinks it is.

It was needed and warranted. Stop whining about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM

200 posts, read 278,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It was needed and warranted. Stop whining about it
Wasn't whining. Understand why they were there, but getting maced and profiled is a bit much. I was there for a gay event. AGAIN hopefully it will get bigger ALBEIT calmer.

mmkay?

Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Any shootings this year? lol

Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Any shootings this year? lol
No, but the guy who ate the homeless person's face off was down on Washington Avenue on the scene just before he decided to cross the causeway by foot because his car wouldn't start.

As a resident of South Beach, the biggest hassle of the weekend is...well...the hassle of it all. The traffic in years past has been horrific and I feel like a prisoner in my own home on a holiday weekend. Even if I decided just to go to Costco on the mainland, I'd think twice for fear of it taking me several hours just to get home. This year it seemed better though I didn't budge my car out of the garage until Tuesday morning. The steps the city has taken in recent years is addressing some of the worst problems for residents but it's also a buzz kill for the party-goers. Favorite cruising streets were either closed or designated as one-way for the weekend, party flyers and palm cards were prohibited on main drags and open container laws were being tightly enforced. I road a bike down to Ocean Drive on Sunday and it looked like a police state with police cars lined up in Lummus Park and a temporary police "lookout" tower on Ocean Drive. I think the intent is to kill the buzz and make the party-goers look elsewhere in the future.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:09 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,525 times
and i'm glad they put goodwill people (especially robert ashenoff sr from south beach tow) to help with the situation.
I Hope they do this more often.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami