Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times

Advertisements

People, let's be honest here. Beauty in Miami means nice boobs, big arse and a nice hairjob.

You either get the money to implant yourself... or... just drink protein shakes, excersise and build up a model looking body.

As harsh as it sounds, there is really no mystery or intriguing natural beauty going on here. Some women just spend most of their income on beauty supplements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 11:46 AM

535 posts, read 1,410,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niqu92 View Post
LOL

im transferring to school in miami and i must say im a bit intimidated because everytime i've gone to miami the girls always look on point. im no where near ugly so im not worried about getting marginalized, insulted, alienated, and ridiculed lol but im just not the type of girl that dresses up 24/7. living in georgia has turned me into the sweatpants/Tshirt 24/7 type of person lol. so i know im going to have to kick it up a notch in terms of clothing
how do the women manage to look good every single day there...i just dont understand lol
Honestly Miami is not like the Will Smith video. There's a little of everything: ugly, pretty, dressy, casual, clean, dirty, etc, etc, etc... You'll see gils with gym clothes, sweatpants, dressy, casual, slutty, conservative everywhere

Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niqu92 View Post
LOL

im transferring to school in miami and i must say im a bit intimidated because everytime i've gone to miami the girls always look on point. im no where near ugly so im not worried about getting marginalized, insulted, alienated, and ridiculed lol but im just not the type of girl that dresses up 24/7. living in georgia has turned me into the sweatpants/Tshirt 24/7 type of person lol. so i know im going to have to kick it up a notch in terms of clothing
how do the women manage to look good every single day there...i just dont understand lol
That is the bible belt mentality, dress like garbage unless it is a special occasion. This radiates into other aspects of their lives like diet and exercise. If a person dresses nice, people assume they are going to a special event because the thought of dressing nice daily is foreign to them.

That is why also so many women up there cut their hair short, especially after getting married. The population exhibits a degree of laziness in their personal lives, but this stops at work as they are pretty productive in the work place.

This is not to imply negativity towards the bible belt, but to make a very generalization of the mentality there. Miami is more of my culture and I like it, I like taking car of myself and dressing nice when I am out, and not dressing like I am sitting around the house on a Sunday. To me it is laziness and I cannot stand lazy people.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
People, let's be honest here. Beauty in Miami means nice boobs, big arse and a nice hairjob.

You either get the money to implant yourself... or... just drink protein shakes, excersise and build up a model looking body.

As harsh as it sounds, there is really no mystery or intriguing natural beauty going on here. Some women just spend most of their income on beauty supplements.
Relative to other places (see my post above), it is also dressing nice and owing to yourself to look nice, not just to others or for an event. Even a fat person in Miami will dress ten times better than a thin person in TN. If you go to a TN university, you will see many women dressing in running shorts and men sized large t-shirts, it is like a uniform or something. That is laziness to themselves, and it radiates into other aspects of their lives which makes it unbearable for people like me to live there versus a place like Miami.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:07 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,189,878 times
lol, this is my favorite thread this month.

OP: yes, only good looking women here. If you have to ask, you probably are not good looking enough for Miami.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:30 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That is the bible belt mentality, dress like garbage unless it is a special occasion. This radiates into other aspects of their lives like diet and exercise. If a person dresses nice, people assume they are going to a special event because the thought of dressing nice daily is foreign to them.
You are so ignorant it's not even funny. What the hell are you talking about? The Bible belt mentality has NOTHING to do with the way people dress whatsoever. That doesn't even correlate. Pick up a freaking history book one of these days. Back in the 1950s, when most of this country was religious, it was the Bible-mentality and values that made people dress up everyday of the week. Women didn't even go to the grocery store without makeup, dress, and heels. Men didn't dare to come outside the house with a beard, unkempt hair, and wrinkled shirt and pants. Once the 1960s liberal trash culture hit the scene, that's when people decided that looking like a bum was ok. You've got it entirely f-ed up. Nowadays it's the modern day COLLEGE CULTURE that makes people dress down like bums to the store and everywhere else. NOT the Bible mentality. You can go to ANY university across the U.S. and I guarantee you most of the student population is slummin' it to class in pajamas and slippers. It is NOT exclusive to the Bible belt. It was liberal values and college students that commenced the national trend to dress like bums everywhere you go. So don't you dare try to put that BS on the Bible belt. Have you been to southern California or San Francisco?! Liberal meccas and they dress like street bums from the rich to the poor. Most of the population is COVERED in tattoos from head to toe looking extra dirty. They aren't in the Bible belt at all and they still lookin a hot ass bum dirty mess. I would love to hear your analogy of why.

You obviously have NEVER been to Dallas or Houston. Most women there do NOT dress down. They are KNOWN for dressing up EVERYDAY of the week and they can definitely put some Miami girls to shame. Next time you want to make false and ignorant statements, back your crap up with facts instead of your own deluded bias.

Last edited by allenk893; 04-21-2012 at 02:59 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 03:38 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

That is why also so many women up there cut their hair short, especially after getting married. The population exhibits a degree of laziness in their personal lives, but this stops at work as they are pretty productive in the work place.

This is not to imply negativity towards the bible belt, but to make a very generalization of the mentality there. Miami is more of my culture and I like it, I like taking car of myself and dressing nice when I am out, and not dressing like I am sitting around the house on a Sunday. To me it is laziness and I cannot stand lazy people.
Are they lazy or is it that they are not as materialistic and superficial. Maybe they have their priorities in a better order, motherhood, family, love, religion, charity and career before vanity. I myself am not sure who is right and who is wrong. I guess you just have to know how to balance and prioritize them appropriately.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Are they lazy or is it that they are not as materialistic and superficial. Maybe they have their priorities in a better order, motherhood, family, love, religion, charity and career before vanity. I myself am not sure who is right and who is wrong. I guess you just have to know how to balance and prioritize them appropriately.
No, nothing to do with being materialistic. Given the divorce rate in the bible belt, I would hardly say they place family and religion first. Plus priorities have nothing to do with manner of dress; it does not take prioritization to put some clothes on and brush your hair, or even take a shower, those things can be done in between doing other things, and many other people seem to do it just fine in life.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You are so ignorant it's not even funny. What the hell are you talking about? The Bible belt mentality has NOTHING to do with the way people dress whatsoever. That doesn't even correlate. Pick up a freaking history book one of these days. Back in the 1950s, when most of this country was religious, it was the Bible-mentality and values that made people dress up everyday of the week. Women didn't even go to the grocery store without makeup, dress, and heels. Men didn't dare to come outside the house with a beard, unkempt hair, and wrinkled shirt and pants. Once the 1960s liberal trash culture hit the scene, that's when people decided that looking like a bum was ok. You've got it entirely f-ed up. Nowadays it's the modern day COLLEGE CULTURE that makes people dress down like bums to the store and everywhere else. NOT the Bible mentality. You can go to ANY university across the U.S. and I guarantee you most of the student population is slummin' it to class in pajamas and slippers. It is NOT exclusive to the Bible belt. It was liberal values and college students that commenced the national trend to dress like bums everywhere you go. So don't you dare try to put that BS on the Bible belt. Have you been to southern California or San Francisco?! Liberal meccas and they dress like street bums from the rich to the poor. Most of the population is COVERED in tattoos from head to toe looking extra dirty. They aren't in the Bible belt at all and they still lookin a hot ass bum dirty mess. I would love to hear your analogy of why.

You obviously have NEVER been to Dallas or Houston. Most women there do NOT dress down. They are KNOWN for dressing up EVERYDAY of the week and they can definitely put some Miami girls to shame. Next time you want to make false and ignorant statements, back your crap up with facts instead of your own deluded bias.
You do not have to name call just because you do not agree with my opinion.

The bible belt of the 50's is not the bible belt of today, just as Miami of the 50's is not the Miami today.

While yes, sloppy dress is prevalent on college campuses, it is also prevalent in society throughout the bible belt, one just has to drive to Miami, DC, NYC, Chicago, and even KC to see a difference in the way people carry themselves in regards to dress, education, and diet.

As far as where I have been, I have been to every state and major city in this country, and over 50 other countries so it is not like I have never seen anything else before, and I graduated from the University of TN (and lived in tn for many years, and my family is from there) so it is not like I do not have any experience in the bible belt.

Tattoos have nothing to do with any of this, so I do not know why you brought it up.

I have been to Dallas and Houston many times.

There are no facts in this since this is a subjective discussion. I do not think anyone implied any of this was a factual based, and not a subjective based thread. If you cannot handle subjective arguments without getting emotional, then perhaps you should not engage in them, the first sentence with you calling me "ignorant", states you are very emotional with this topic.

To add: I do not care how someone dresses at all, and it does not even sway my interaction with them. I have life long friends that dress like a bum, and some that think they are Mr. GQ every day. I have stated my opinion on personal liberties many times on this forum.

Last edited by boxus; 04-21-2012 at 10:49 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
This thread is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami