Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 AM

14 posts, read 25,859 times

Advertisements

I always hear about how good looking the residents in Miami are, especially the women. When a woman is not "good looking" how is she treated there?

are the stereotypes of Miami being "good looking and vain" true in your experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
If you are not "good looking", that is, your face has to fit exactly in the Golden Ratio diagram, then you are going to be marginalized, insulted, alienated and ridiculed. However, There are churches where you can get help and brotherhood aid to deal with your pain.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM

535 posts, read 1,411,138 times
Where did you get from that Miamians are so gorgeous?

I've seen the ugliest people on Earth here in Miami. I don't think Miami has the most beautiful people, we're far from that. W've been rated as the fattest city in America.

The only place where I've seen good looking people is at SoBe where the "gorgeous" are European and South American tourists.

Forget about locals, most are overweight and most look the same. I live in West Dade and I haven't seen a good looking men for months. They all look the same and most have the same nasty attitude. Sorry Miami, I don't give you credit.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:38 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I wouldn't recommend Miami if you are not that particularly good looking. It's a materialistic city. If you are looking to find a quality man that can see past your looks and love you for who you are, Miami is not the place.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:01 PM

309 posts, read 619,550 times
ROFLMAO. that's just a TV-show generalization; it's true there are many of those gorgeous people around - both men and women (plastic surgery in spades!!) -- but it's not "only" them that live here. You might run into that if your entire existence here is among the nightclub bottle-service gang in South Beach.

but regular everyday life is not like that at all - i'm nowhere near one of those model-looking hot gal types -- and i'm treated nicely everywhere i go, and get my share of attention from guys. Among regular people who aren't shallow and image-oriented, how one is treated depends largely on one's own attitude & approach, how they present themselves and treat others.

Last edited by catt6; 04-18-2012 at 04:17 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 PM

I get psychological, spiritual and monetary help from East Kendall Lutheran Church... people like me reunite once a month to talk about our hardships in "dead gorgeous" society. We also held Ugly Singles events where only I show up.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 PM

309 posts, read 619,550 times
roflmfao Winterfront...... yer killin me over here

Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Where did you get from that Miamians are so gorgeous?

I've seen the ugliest people on Earth here in Miami. I don't think Miami has the most beautiful people, we're far from that. We've been rated as the fattest city in America.

The only place where I've seen good looking people is at SoBe where the "gorgeous" are European and South American tourists.

Forget about locals, most are overweight and most look the same. I live in West Dade and I haven't seen a good looking men for months. They all look the same and most have the same nasty attitude. Sorry Miami, I don't give you credit.
Marina.

I agree with you.

Tourists and locals at SoBe are very attractive: Argentines, Uruguayans, Brazilians, and Europeans.

If you go to Tropical park (or any park) you will see fat people everywhere (including kids).

Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM

Are we to conclude that Cubans and Nicas ain't attractive? @_@

Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 PM

3 posts, read 13,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
If you are not "good looking", that is, your face has to fit exactly in the Golden Ratio diagram, then you are going to be marginalized, insulted, alienated and ridiculed. However, There are churches where you can get help and brotherhood aid to deal with your pain.
LOL

im transferring to school in miami and i must say im a bit intimidated because everytime i've gone to miami the girls always look on point. im no where near ugly so im not worried about getting marginalized, insulted, alienated, and ridiculed lol but im just not the type of girl that dresses up 24/7. living in georgia has turned me into the sweatpants/Tshirt 24/7 type of person lol. so i know im going to have to kick it up a notch in terms of clothing
how do the women manage to look good every single day there...i just dont understand lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami