Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 04:40 AM

15 posts, read 14,758 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I will be travelling to your lovely city in July and will be staying downtown at the Hyatt Regency.

Every bar I seem to look up nearby is a danceclub and it really isnt my thing. I like sitdown chill spots like pubs, bars, etc. Are there any near the vicinity of the Hyatt?

Also what are some good Cuban food spots in Little Havana? Cant wait to visit your city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 AM

203 posts, read 428,201 times
The garage bar.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
I know there is "Hoops" sports bar across from the arena, and many sitdown pubs in Brickell Village/Miami Avenue (including an Irish pub). Though on some weekends it would be difficult to find a place to actually sit down. Hoops would be in walking distance though the Brickell ones are a bit of a hike (25-30 mins?), so you may want to take the Metromover or the new Miami Trolley to go down there.

For Cuban food in Little Havena, Versailles is definitely the place to go, though I like the food at Sergios on Coral Way better. You don't even have to leave the downtown area: El Malecon on NE 2nd ave. is pretty good, and there is a Latin Cafe on Biscayne, which you can walk to from the Omni metromover station or take a short bus ride. There are numerous places you can get pastellitos and Cuban sandwiches in downtown (though most close early).

Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 AM

160 posts, read 310,967 times
For Cuban food in Little Havana, Versailles or La Carreta are good choices. I would go to Versailles for the kitschy Cuban ambience that tourists seems to enjoy and don't forget to hit up the bakery. The food at Islas Canarias & Sergio's is better but Versailles is the place to go if you're on Calle 8. I also recommend Palacio de Los Jugos on Flagler St, try the different tropical fruit drinks and there's all kinds of Cuban/Latin food, the chicharrones are great. If you want the total "Latin Miami" experience you'll get it there (guy with machete hacking away at coconuts, abuelitas buying up obscure fruits, people having loud conversations in Spanish across the room from each other) all the out-of-town friends I've brought there really enjoyed it.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Cuban food is Versailles and I also reccomend Rey de la Frita.

Pubs bars on the weekends many will have music but they are not like clubs. There are places in the Brickell area near by for that. If you go and walk Dow. Lincoln Road in Miami Beach which I highly reccomend there are a bunch of sit down at the bar type places. Also a few on ocean drive.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:34 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Tobacco Road is a dive bar, the oldest in Miami I think. Thy have live music some weekends. Its not to far from your hotel. Mary brickell village also has some cool bars, the Irish Pub at Mary brickell is pretty cool. I'm not sure if the Irish Pub on the river is still there, haven't been there in a long time.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:20 AM

15 posts, read 14,758 times
Awesome. Thanks so much for the input. Yeah being from New Orleans and living in NYC most of my life, dive bars and irish pubs are my speciality. The little havana suggestions look awesome as well.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDiggity View Post
Awesome. Thanks so much for the input. Yeah being from New Orleans and living in NYC most of my life, dive bars and irish pubs are my speciality. The little havana suggestions look awesome as well.
Tobacco Road | Miami's Oldest Bar | Tobacco Road

Finnegan's River | Come by land or by sea.

Fado Irish Pub, Irish Pub, Atlanta, Annapolis, Austin, Chicago, Columbus, Denver, Philadelphia, Seattle, DC, Washington DC, St Patrick's Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: