Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 PM

25 posts, read 205,775 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I'm planning to board 2 small dogs over the holidays and wondered if anyone could suggest good, reputable kennels in Miami. I'm in the Coral Gables area but willing to drive elsewhere for the best situation. Also, any idea of the price range we should expect? (I imagine holiday prices could be higher.) Professional pet-sitter recommendations welcome, too (although I expect that's way out of our price range ...)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,555 times
Here in Broward I know of two, but have not boarded any animals there. Holly Acres 954-434-1535 (older property, but seems nice....on Stirling Road east of Flamingo Road), and County Inn Pet Resort 954-424-6000 (need I say more....on Flamingo Road just south of I-595). They are both in Davie.

You probably can find something closer.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:55 AM

113 posts, read 469,037 times
I would recommend Aventura Animal Hosptial (off US1 near the mall) or Hollywood Animal Hospital (I95 and Hollywood Blvd)

Both are staffed 24hrs, and are good reputable places. I've used both several times and never had any issues.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Hollywood Animal Hospital, I would recommend them too. I haven't used them for a kennel, but my family has gone to them for 2 major emergencies. I went to our emergency vet Knowles on Sunset (not my regular vet as they are why too expensive) for a second opinion and of course they said I need xrays and surgery for my dog. So I called my vet and he sent me to Hollywood Animal Hospital (which was great for a prior pet) for another opinion. HAH said no surgery, just no running and lots of bed rest for 6 months. 2 years later and no surgery my dog is totally healed. I love Hollywood Animal Hospital.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:01 AM

59 posts, read 377,829 times
If you dog is small you have more options with using a kennel and can even use a vet. I have a large dog and really need to use a kennel. Book today, as the holidays are all full most places. This is far, but I can recommend Coral Springs Pet Resort and Medical Center. Coral Springs Pet Resort & Medical Center I have a reservation I did in August for xmas & new years. I put down a deposit, etc. The place is very nice, more posh. Do google searchs on everyplace you check and always watch for flea and tick issues even after the dog gets home. good luck...bless the animals.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:10 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times
The Vet I go to is great, and they board. Its called 4 Paws Animal Hospital (http://www.animalcareanimalhospitals.com/default.asp?id=62663&showsite=true - broken link). They have a GREAT staff, very sweet and loving. You should check them out. Good luck

Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
I have a 60 lb Labrador Retriever who I boarded in a Kennel, whose name I cannot remember for the life of me...down in Kendall of US 1 right near the Falls. They are in the yellow pages and they have been around for decades, and it says so in the ad. They have vet services on hand so if your pet had an emergency they could be treated (God forbid). They also have different size doggie areas based on size. They are unair conditioned, but in December that is no problem. Many of the doggie slots have indoor/outdoor access and they can be walked as many times a day as you want. I think they charge $5 per walk. The doggie slots vary by size, but for my bigger dog I paid maybe $40 a day a year ago...BTW reserve early, since they get booked up for the holidays well in advance. Also, they need to be vaccinated for kennel cough before they are admitted, so call to check the requirements well beforehand. Good luck, I had good experiences (twice with this place), and my dog always seemed perfectly normal when I picked her up...plus you can leave their toys and doggie mats with them too.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:48 PM

448 posts, read 1,855,877 times
Town and Country Vet by Tamiami Airport. 305.238.2222.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:21 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Does anyone have any suggestions for places to board dogs in the southern part of Dade County?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:29 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
We just used Landmark Kennels near The Falls in July for the first time for our big dog (not sure if I could put my beloved little dogs there though), and it was fine. Nothing special. My brother-in-laws travels a lot sometimes, and has to board his dog there for a couple of weeks sometimes, and the dogs are fine. 87th Ave and 134 Street I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami