Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by culchiks View Post
I know these kids they go to my school. I know this whole situation is kind of hectic but I am for sure the story didn't go down that way. I know the real story and I'm sorry but they didn't use the n word that way, they used it as everybody else does, as a slang not an insult. If this word is so bad it should be banished from the black community too because as a black woman I think by using the word it makes it seem like its ok. If a black person uses that word its ok but if a white person uses it its so wrong how racist is that? I'm not saying its ok that they used it but they shouldnt make such a big deal out of it and also nobody was armed with bats. What really happend was the FIU kid wanted to fight one on one but then he brought all his friends to jump in they all had big sticks im not sure what they are called. So thats when the spanish kids brought out the bats. they didnt try to drown him he fell in the water while the fight was going on and now he wants to press charges cuz he had a stiff neck??? i get that everyday be for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!! open your eyes guys

I hear you....there is always two sides to the story and you're right about the "N" word....most hispanics that say it just use it like in a ghetto way not as an insult.....i guess that the FIU student from New York was taught that he shouldnt run his mouth like they do up in NY when they are in Miami....that is if your version of the story is true.....i believe you by the "N" word thing and the way they meant it .....and your story sounds more legit to me than what the news said

Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
While you are at it why not post pictures of the three white teenagers in Spring , Texas near your new home in Houston who beat the crap , poured bleach on and violated a Mexican kid with a broom stick at a party last year ?

That Mexican kid has sinced committed suicide , in large part because of mental anguish . Hey , why not post pictures of the three white kids who beat and killed a homeless guy in Ft.Lauderdale last year ?

A low life is a low life my friend , no matter race / ethnicity .... you just seem to really enjoy jabbing at hispanics . I know many who are wonderful people and are as American as you or I and I know others who I would not attempt any contact with nor would I socialize with on any level . I feel that way about all races ... you have good and you have bad .... deal with it .

That's what I always say, but you can't beat a dead horse and you will never change someone who is a racist. Some people only see what they want to see.

Hate is also delivered mentally. The new kid in school who is not "the right race" will also suffer as much as a good beating. That happens everyday by every race all over the country.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
.... surprising usually in these types of hate crimes the perps are white guys .
Not true. That's just how the media frames it because they spend 50 times as much energy reporting white on black crines than they do black on white crimes (or Hispanic on White). Often the crimes against Whites are not considered 'hate crimes'. Here is an example:
YouTube - Racist attack in North Fork Virginia
I saw the original video yesterday but I couldn't find the link to it today so this link is a news story covering the original incident.
I think the would idea of seperate 'hate crime' laws is unconstitutional anyway. Whatever happened to 'equal justice under the law'? If you beat up someone of your own race/religious group is it done with love? Must be since it isn't a 'hate crime'.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:55 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
"Hate crime" legislation is unconstitutional, along with most laws passed in recent years. Nobody seems to care about the "Constitution" anymore.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
That's what I always say, but you can't beat a dead horse and you will never change someone who is a racist. Some people only see what they want to see.

Hate is also delivered mentally. The new kid in school who is not "the right race" will also suffer as much as a good beating. That happens everyday by every race all over the country.
I don't think the main poster is being racist, he is posting this story because it has to do with the Miami area. The reason why he didn't post about the blacks beating whites in Louisiana or vice-versa was because it doesn't deal with this section of the forum.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,531 times
I'm not saying that the main poster is a racist. I'm using it in a general way, however to whoever the shoe fits, they should wear it. The other poster who is showing the other examples may just be expressing how this happens everywhere and by every race.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:14 PM

440 posts, read 1,494,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Not true. That's just how the media frames it because they spend 50 times as much energy reporting white on black crines than they do black on white crimes (or Hispanic on White). Often the crimes against Whites are not considered 'hate crimes'. Here is an example:
YouTube - Racist attack in North Fork Virginia
I saw the original video yesterday but I couldn't find the link to it today so this link is a news story covering the original incident.
I think the would idea of seperate 'hate crime' laws is unconstitutional anyway. Whatever happened to 'equal justice under the law'? If you beat up someone of your own race/religious group is it done with love? Must be since it isn't a 'hate crime'.
I usually disagree with what you post as it is almost always negative ... but I have to agree with you on this one ... why would it not be a "hate crime" if a black person/s beat the tar out of a white person ?

It has go both ways or in all directions as a hate crime is a hate crime .... I do not want to start another long thread .... but I know some elements in the black community take pleasure out of beating the tar out of whites and hispanics when the opportunity arises .... think the LA riots , Overtown , etc , etc ..... notice I say some elements ... again going back to my argument that there is good and bad in all ethnic groups and races .

Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,581 times
OKAy OKAy OKAy !!
izS SzO0 FUNNy HOW ALL THESE PPL WRiTE ABOUT OHH HOW izS A DAM SHAME THAT THERE DOiN THizS MMM.. LETzS THiNK HOW OLD WERE THESE KiDzS THAT GOT [[ATTACKED]] OR W.E MMMM .. 20 OR MAyBE 22 !! AM i RiGHT .. ND THE KiDzS THAT ATTACKED THEM 15-21 NOW HOW DOEzS THAT SOUND ..
WELL OK THEy GOT iN A FiGHT THAT END iT UP BAD BUT iT WASENT A STUPiD HATE CRiME OR A RACE THiNG CUzS i KNOE ALL OF THEM ND THERE NOT RACEzS THEy HAVE NO RESON 2 BE EiTHER !! SzO0 BEFORE yOUH JUDGE PPL WiTH OUT KNOWiN THEM THiNK CUzS iF yOUH WOULD OF BEEN THERE i BET yOUH WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME ND yEAH W.E yOUH PPL CAN SAy NO i WOULDNT BUT THE TRUTH izS THAT yOUH WOULD .. iN THE NEWzS THEy MAKE THEM LO0K BAD ND AzS BEEN RACizST .. BUT THEy DNT KNOE THE WHOLE THiNG SzO0 izS BETTER 2 FiND OUT THE TRUTH ND THEN TALK SMACK .. ALL i CAN SAy NOW izS TO FREE ALL OF THEM !! ..

Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
what......in......the........hell......... was that? me no sure, it sounded likes sum brockin englsesh to mi.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 PM

104 posts, read 452,596 times
Im just waiting for the NAACP, and the bus loads of people and the "Black community leaders" to come to Fl. to protest the rights of these young me? O'yeah they were not black, so they want be having a movement? and the kids who beat him were not all white, so they cant blame whites? Dang! I guess this one will fade out of the media pretty fast! Its a shame, a real shame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami