Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 PM

8 posts, read 27,106 times

Advertisements

I live in southwest Miami Dade the unincorporated part, Heres my opinion

Schools- Its no secret that Miami Dade public schools aren't that great. Though i would not jump to sending your children to private schools either. Private school education is sometimes better than public school, but sometimes its worse and just a waste of money. Charter schools are ok, Similar to public schools but don't have to worry as much as you would with public schools about the environment.

Housing- As for "Gated Communities" I personally don't like them, Yes they are nice but why pay extra cash to have a gate that most of the time is broken. There is no reason to feel safer in there either. Someone can easily jump the fence or follow in after another car etc.

General Area- As we all know Miami is influenced a lot by the Spanish culture so if you speak Spanish great and if not i wouldn't worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 PM

113 posts, read 468,821 times
Coral Reef Senior High School

According to Newsweek's List of the 1,000 Top U.S. Schools (2007), the school is ranked at 20th in the nation, making it 7th in the state of Florida. In 2006 and 2005, it had ranked 29th and 13th, respectively.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,898,947 times
so many differing opinions
of course thats to be expected, thanks for the advice, we'll check out the areas mentioned
Someone said they would never live around Goulds, but why? Anyway this area is a few miles away, and where we live now, the "bad areas" are just a few miles from the "good ones" Isnt it usually that way in cities?!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:24 AM

8 posts, read 25,876 times
Default Biscayne Blvd area question

Can anyone tell me about Miami, Biscayne Blvd & San Souci Blvd area? What's the crime like in that part of the city? My job requires me to move to Miami and I'm looking for a decent area. Having spent most of my life in The Bronx, I have no delusions of moving to Florida to "escape crime" or the NYC costs of living. I've visited the area before briefly for business, not enough to get a feel for the area, so any opinions and input is appreciated.....Thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,399,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBX View Post
Can anyone tell me about Miami, Biscayne Blvd & San Souci Blvd area? What's the crime like in that part of the city? My job requires me to move to Miami and I'm looking for a decent area. Having spent most of my life in The Bronx, I have no delusions of moving to Florida to "escape crime" or the NYC costs of living. I've visited the area before briefly for business, not enough to get a feel for the area, so any opinions and input is appreciated.....Thanks

Do you have the address or general area of where your job will be? You will get tons of mixed opinions on here as you could see. You just have to read their other posts and see who is giving good information and who is just plain miserable.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 AM

8 posts, read 25,876 times
The general area are Biscayne Shore Park, San Souci Estates and Keystone Islands.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:09 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,898,947 times
Any opinions on cutler bay? I've found some nice homes there and was wondering that this was a fairly safe area?

Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,444,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
so many differing opinions
of course thats to be expected, thanks for the advice, we'll check out the areas mentioned
Someone said they would never live around Goulds, but why? Anyway this area is a few miles away, and where we live now, the "bad areas" are just a few miles from the "good ones" Isnt it usually that way in cities?!
Goulds is a poor black area. As far as Cutler Bay it is better than Goulds. It is a lower middle class neighborhood for the most part. Not sure what the crime rate is in that area. I wouldn't live there either, just my opinion. There are people on here that think Cutler Bay is nice. My parents think it is really nice (but they also think Outback Steakhouse is fancy) So you see it is all in who you ask.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 AM

60 posts, read 430,849 times
I don't agree with doggiebus. I live in Cutler Bay and I think its a nice middle class neighborhood. Is it fancy like Coral Gables or chichi like Doral? Well, no. But are we looking for tea parties and regattas or good old fashioned safety and a family atmosphere? To me, Cutler Bay is very safe and family oriented. East of US 1 (Town of Cutler Bay) has larger homes and the neighborhood is a little nicer than west of US 1 (Cutler Ridge). Also, you are right next to US 1 and the turnpike, so access to other places is easy. I get on the turnpike and I am in the center of Miami in about 20 minutes.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:41 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,444,330 times
Bubba, you are a great example of why I said in my post "There are people on here that think Cutler Bay is Nice...So you see it is all who you ask."

What one person sees as nice, another may see as not so nice. Its all in who you ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami