Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 PM

15 posts, read 28,014 times

Advertisements

I want to know about Florida City is it a good place to live ? Can I find a nice 3 bedroom home or condo there for around 130 K ? Florida City vs Homestead ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Florida City is rough....I cannot recommend moving there. Homestead is much better.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM

Here is some information I have posted previously about Homestead:

You really need to come visit and get a feeling for the place. Does your employer offer any relocation assistance? If you like country living, there are lots of homes available just north of the Homestead city limits. The area is called the Redland. It is mostly agricultural with crops such as tomatos, beans, squash, etc. grown from November through April. There are also lots of Avocado and Mango groves in this area. Many nurseries have fields of palms. It is quite lovely and the homes are scattered among the agriculture and nurseries. This would be unincorporated Miami-Dade County. I prefer the Homestead/Redland area because I was raised in a small town in Indiana and love the country, agriculture, we are minutes away from the Florida Keys, Biscayne National Park and Everglades National Park. Many people in this county do not like the country 'feel' and bash this area. Me....I haven't visited Miami Beach since 1994! The further south I go, the more relaxed I feel! It is a whole 'nother' world down here!

Just to add a little more info...Homestead is an interesting mix of people. I think that white anglos are in the minority although....many of the old Homesteaders still live in this area. We had a black mayor for many years. Our city council consists of women (white & black), anglo men, black men, we have had some councilmen orig. from Haiti and some from Mexico. I think we all get along pretty good. The town has parades down Krome ave.....for the Rodeo, MLK holiday, Veteran's Day, etc. We have a rodeo every January, we have our own police department, water treatment plant, electric/power company, etc. City services are excellent down here.....we don't have to depend on the county. I live just down the street from the community center.... it is a real 'hometown' with a real 'together' feeling. We have a few, old diners along Krome where you can get 'home' cooking. Truly different from Miami.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:59 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Florida City is rough....I cannot recommend moving there. Homestead is much better.
Well, the new gated communities outside of town (like Keys Gate) are much better. The town itself is slightly better than Florida City, but not "much better."

Old 06-24-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
Well, the new gated communities outside of town (like Keys Gate) are much better. The town itself is slightly better than Florida City, but not "much better."
I think Keys Gate is in Homestead....

Old 06-24-2012, 04:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
All of Florida City is Ghetto. Keys Gate is in Homestead.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
Homestead is a He** of a lot better than Florida City

Old 06-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Popcorn, gotta tell you love all your post you are very knowledgeable and honest...In the Redland area and Keys Gate community, how much do a nice and in great shape 3 bedroom house with a pool or condo (Gated community with Pool) typically go for ? I can put down about 40K and my maximum I can go for a house/condo is 130K . ...I actually went to Fort Lauderdale last month for a one week vacation...I will be going on vacation for a week to Homestead in December to check it out and hopefully get in the process to buy a home/condo. I will be moving there in March 2013.

How is the nightlife in Homestead ? High Schools ?

Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jredman View Post
Popcorn, gotta tell you love all your post you are very knowledgeable and honest...In the Redland area and Keys Gate community, how much do a nice and in great shape 3 bedroom house with a pool or condo (Gated community with Pool) typically go for ? I can put down about 40K and my maximum I can go for a house/condo is 130K . ...I actually went to Fort Lauderdale last month for a one week vacation...I will be going on vacation for a week to Homestead in December to check it out and hopefully get in the process to buy a home/condo. I will be moving there in March 2013.

How is the nightlife in Homestead ? High Schools ?
I am going to send you a message.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:56 PM

Hey Popcorn is it possbile to get a nice 3 bedroom home with a pool and gated condo in the 130K range ? Because everytime I type in Redland or Keys gate in the search nothing comes up ? As you know that area, can I get a home or condo in that price range in Redlands or the Keys gate community ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami