Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 13,229 times

Advertisements

We are considering a relocation to Miami Gardens area for work in Hialeah and have seen varying comments about crime and drugs activity in the area. Other comments are positive. We are looking at a home on NW 37th Court. Any comments would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 08:00 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,294 times
Avoid Miami Gardens! Try areas to the north of Hialeah like Miami Lakes, Palm Springs North basically west of NW 57th. Avenue.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:56 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,853,793 times
From my experience, Miami Gardens is sprawly at best, pretty lousy at worst.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
A lot of crime and violence, look elsewhere.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 13,229 times
What about south around Homestead?

Old 07-28-2012, 07:55 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,994 times
^^ Better but it has a lot of bad areas.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:31 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,519 times
I live and have lived in miami gardens since the early 1980s. I grew up in hialeah and I would take miami gardens over hialeah easily. there is crime in miami gardens and the areas to avoid are anywhere near the section eight apt buildings. most of the crime stats attributed to miami gardens are the section eight zombies who are generally too stupid and too violent to be anything but useless. generally speaking you are best off west of lejuene road. the further west you go the more family oriented the communities are. there are exceptions to west is best rule. andover in eastern MG is excellent as is the community between NW 37 Ave and NW 42 Ave bounded to the south by opa-locka airport and to the north by the palmetto.

miami gardens is a predominantly black/hispanic community. if you equate black and hispanic people with undesirability then by all means look elsewhere.

my reasons for selecting miami gardens as a great place to raise my family were the following in order of personal priority.

1. value. we own a nice home on a lake on a 27,000 sq ft lot. if our home were in miami lakes it would be economically out of our reach especially when we purchased the home twenty odd years ago. because of the location it was easily affordable and more importantly easily maintainable.

2. proximity to major thoroughfares and freeways. hard to beat the handiness of miami gardens.

3. low taxes

4. good services

5. schools with great athletics programs

6. I didn't want to raise fearful children and MG is a microcosm of what america is and is becoming. my kids (all adults now) can relate to people of all socio-economic levels because of their upbringing. I think they are for more well rounded than others of their age group because they knew kids who were very poor and others who were very far from poor....all in miami gardens.

I'm not scared of punks of any color or stripe and it didn't take long for the locals turds to figure that out. on my block we watch out for each other and I couldn't ask for better neighbors irrespective of particular race or nationality. my home has never been broken into and we had one incident of a car left out the parkway unlocked over night have some valuables taken. it shouldn't be like that but I blame me. I should have known better.

if you are a respectful person but person who will not be trifled with you can live anywhere. why not live where you get the most for your hard earned dollar?

let those that live in fear of what ifs live elsewhere, where the crime is equal or worse but they pay much more for their perceived safety.

there is a reason why you don't see so many for sale signs in MG and there is a reason why so many people remain and why so many are second and third generation residents.

YMMV

Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 PM

18 posts, read 37,188 times
Stay away it's the worst

Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbound711 View Post
Stay away it's the worst
yeah like I said if cluck you probably don't want to go to miami gardens. someone will pull off your feathers and leave you looking like a londoner in tottenham last year.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM

367 posts, read 940,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqmac2000 View Post
We are considering a relocation to Miami Gardens area for work in Hialeah and have seen varying comments about crime and drugs activity in the area. Other comments are positive. We are looking at a home on NW 37th Court. Any comments would be appreciated.
There are new gated rental communities in Miami Gardens if you want extra security. There is good and bad in the city, and actually one of the only cities I would live in if I were to stay in Miami-Dade. I also like NMB. Miami Gardens has Black diversity which is really something we African Diaspora scholar folks are into. There are people who only know of the young thugs of Miami Gardens and never have met the hardworking Black professionals who reside there because they don't give the city a chance. Miami Gardens is centralized near turnpike and 95 so it's great for those who want to be between the downtowns of Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami