Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM

39 posts, read 45,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
What your saying is definitely the truth, but my question is why didn't you get this straightened out before the date? I mean I guess because I'm not ballin, I like to get everything out there before I spend cash. lol I always like to know their background. Miami used to be mixed up more. Not so much. Still lots of things to do here. though. I'm trying to move back out West this year, wish I didn't buy my condo though.

Attorney and you couldn't provide her kind of lifestyle? Ummm what did she do for a living? I mean seriously, most of these Cuban women don't have a pot to **** in or a window to throw it out.
Exactly. She told me that she was a teacher. When I came to pick her up, she told me to come inside. When I came in, I found out that she lived in a house with her parents, 15 year old brother, and her grandmother. And to add insult to injury, her grandmother was of African descent, so I think she had some shi%#y racial complex issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 04:53 PM

195 posts, read 350,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Whoa. I had no idea people could be that racist/cruel in Miami. That is so ridiculous to me.

Another thing. What do you mean by "I told her I was an attorney". Were you just BSing?

I highlighted the mercedes part because I noticed so many guys in Miami lead with their money. After just meeting someone say at the dog park, beach, or whatever they will say "Oh yeah I drive this and this and I do this and this for a living" oh yeah. Its weird. So you think I will want to be your friend or grab lunch with you because you can afford to finance a benz? Thats almost insulting to me. I'm not a gold digger and don't give a **** about your car.
Pear,

You know in these boards people have a lot of imagination so it's hard to know who is tellng the truth. I don't buy this story 100%, parts sound like fantasy. The race part could be true but the date probably took place in a Dennis and the guy worked part time at best buy and drove a ford Taurus from 1992.

I do know some Cubans who don't like to date people with african blood. I don't wanna bash cubans but it is a reality. I have a friend who broke up with a guy because his family was too dark. The sad part is that she told the guy that. The story came directly from her lips and I doubt she feels that guilty because she is still pretty racist. I don't understand that mindset. I also have other cuban friends who are pretty racist, it's like it's in their bood.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:06 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
I've never ever seen/heard Cubans with racial insecurities... I've seen that with Brazilians and Chileans when trying to make their country look "WESTERN" with a white majority. And of course far east Asians... they think "nordicism" is an accomplishment and one of the highest goals in beauty.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM

39 posts, read 45,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
Pear,

You know in these boards people have a lot of imagination so it's hard to know who is tellng the truth. I don't buy this story 100%, parts sound like fantasy. The race part could be true but the date probably took place in a Dennis and the guy worked part time at best buy and drove a ford Taurus from 1992.

I do know some Cubans who don't like to date people with african blood. I don't wanna bash cubans but it is a reality. I have a friend who broke up with a guy because his family was too dark. The sad part is that she told the guy that. The story came directly from her lips and I doubt she feels that guilty because she is still pretty racist. I don't understand that mindset. I also have other cuban friends who are pretty racist, it's like it's in their bood.
I may sound a little trollish but this is the reality of a dating experience I had in Miami growing up and when I came back from law school for 2 years. Believe me, I didn't want to believe it as much as you don't. Not to say I never had any successful dates, just none of them were with Cuban girls (except one in high school).

Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM

683 posts, read 852,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanfordBoy View Post
Exactly. She told me that she was a teacher. When I came to pick her up, she told me to come inside. When I came in, I found out that she lived in a house with her parents, 15 year old brother, and her grandmother. And to add insult to injury, her grandmother was of African descent, so I think she had some shi%#y racial complex issues.
In my 30's now and definitely not looking for this type of situation with any kind of race. lol. This is the typical scenario that you see in Miami though. A large portion of the women do not have anything to bring to the table but multiple kids, maxed out credit cards, and drama.

The key though is to stay away from the clubs. I think people are making a mistake there. It's fun in your 20's not so much in your 30's. It appears that work is the main place to get something decent down here. Just make sure you guys are not in the same department and rarely see each other.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:20 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,191,580 times
They would move out and live by themselves and kids if Miami wasn't so expensive. Many don't have the luck to find a job with a decent pay enough to meet their rent, groceries, and things for their kids.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM

683 posts, read 852,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
They would move out and live by themselves and kids if Miami wasn't so expensive. Many don't have the luck to find a job with a decent pay enough to meet their rent, groceries, and things for their kids.
True Miami is expensive, but I kind of disagree. I mean a lot of them don't get educated or are entrepreneurial. I mean if you don't do either, you won't go far no matter if you had kids or not.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post

Yeah, even here in Boston where a larger portion of people have degrees and jobs than in Miami, a lot of young people live at home. I know young accountants who still live with their family. One cousin of mine who is a man lived at home for what seemed like 3 or 4 years after graduation even though he had a good salary and was working at the state house. I think he was saving money to buy a place.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 AM

203 posts, read 518,765 times
Ok, here are my thoughts from experience. Cubans are well known to have racial insecurities. White Cubans do think they are better than the darker Cubans or darker Hispanics in general. They are also more closed minded on not dating outside of their own or dating someone who is darker. This is well known. Fidel Castro himself noticed this and this why he didn't treat the white Cubans no better then the darker ones. Everyone is treated as equal. I thought myself that all Cubans were white until I did some research myself. A lot white Cubans have African in there blood but they will deny because it's shameful to them. I consider them a closed minded and confused group of people. Now, about women in south Florida. I have also met a lot of women mostly of who were Hispanic that also lived at home with their siblings. From the ages of 25-42. I have convinced myself that this is perfectly normal here in Miami and that most woman are looking for a man to support them so they can just have babies and look after the kids while at home. I have yet to find a woman that has a real professional and that isn't financially worthless. If you want a trophy piece then South Florida is where it's at. I guess this is a Hispanic mindset thing going on.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM

195 posts, read 350,311 times
Previous post is a load of nonsense, excuse my Spanish.

If that were true then there would be no women in the workforce. You find women working everywhere from Taco Bell to law firms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami