Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM

683 posts, read 853,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_hemingway View Post
Theres no shortage of rudeness here. Thats for sure.

I went out with two female coworkers recently. Both were not attractive imo. One was easily over 200lbs. Yet, the minute I walked away both were hit on by 3 different guys. I wasnt attrracted to either, but how desperate are these guys? A cute girl must get hit on constantly.
Miami is still great for going out and having a good time, but the culture has definitely changed. There some guys that got so tired of the attitudes of the pretty ones, they get desperate for the fatties. To answer your question, hell yeah the cute ones get hit on constantly. I've been going out in Broward lately and have been enjoying the dating scene there. It's more diverse and looks like the Asian population is growing there. Yay!

Last edited by deboinair; 03-01-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_hemingway View Post
Theres no shortage of rudeness here. Thats for sure.

I went out with two female coworkers recently. Both were not attractive imo. One was easily over 200lbs. Yet, the minute I walked away both were hit on by 3 different guys. I wasnt attrracted to either, but how desperate are these guys? A cute girl must get hit on constantly.

Seriously, the rudeness in Miami is shocking if you're not used to it. Why are you going out with gross women in the first place?

Also, as a woman who used to live in Florida, yes pretty ones get hit on constantly. At one point, pretty much everyday. But it got exhausting, sometimes you just want to go out and be anonymous but if you're a decent looking woman in Miami thats impossible.

The worst is when men insult you after you say no.

Its weird, don't these men have girlfriends? Technically there are a lot more women than men in Miami.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 PM

10 posts, read 18,017 times
I'm a girl (some would say attractive) from Miami. Born in Cuba, lived in Miami for most of my life. I now live up North and I absolutely love it, for many reasons... #1 being that is NOT Miami. I do miss the Cuban culture and my family of course but the whole scene there gets old quickly. Dating in Miami is very different from other parts of the country. Both women and men put a lot of importance on physical appearance, money, and materialistic things. You will encounter this everywhere. As for the clingyness, I think part of it is insecurity (a lot of girls have low self-esteem and are always trying to look better than the next) and their culture. Hispanic women are taught from a young age about marriage and a lot of them want commitment as well as attention from men.

There are exceptions of course - like anywhere else - but you have to be looking for a long time to find the rare gems. Or maybe Miami is just not the place for you.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM

203 posts, read 518,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Maybe this describes the women around you/in your league.

You clearly have never entered an office building in Brickell. Also, Hispanics are known for being hard workers and the universities of Miami are filled with both Hispanic men and women. Hispanic mindset? Right, we are a hard working group and you are a bitter person who can't date anyone besides lowlifes.
Ok so now you are comparing small little Brickell to the rest of South Florida? Hispanics are known for a lot things not to be rude and some are not the best. Hard workers don't mean financial stability or wealth. I'm far from bitter. Your group of people don't directly affect me so I could care less really. I guess if you like calling your own lowlifes that's fine with me.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,970 times
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
No a lot of what you said was true. Especially about the Fidel Castro part. I have had a black Cuban tell me the same thing. All of them are not broke and financial worthless though. One Cuban I dated is a Nurse Practitioner. I must admit most are broke and financially worthless lol.

I'm starting to hunt for my Colombianas in Broward now. I left the dating scene in Miami alone. lol
Being here for three years, immersing myself in a couple different languages, and going back to school I am really becoming aware of the situation. I am 27 and am making enough to finish school, have a motorcycle and car (low grade American car), live on the beach in a clean studio, and am clearing up debts with some other future goals that I am working towards. It's a hit or a miss.

I am a blond hair, blue eyed white American in shape with tattoo sleeves. I don't have money right now but this has helped me (rather than getting played for a sucker I can screen).

In my experience (subjective) I screen the hell out out of women.

I do really well with black women (as far as there interest as they are more American and can appreciate my rougher northeastern edges), caucasian women, South Americans that come from means and money, or Cuban women that's parents were born here (the further removed in generation from homeland the better). I run for the hills when I meet a Colombian or Venezuelan immigrant with fake **** and hair down to their ass (because they are generally lower estrato with the Medellin mentality of attracting the executive or drug lord who likes that **** in Colombia). If I see a beautiful Colombian woman whose parents were engineers, still live in Colombia, and she is over here making a new start or going to school it's a win (less plastic surgery the better off). I dated a Colombian girl (from Barranquilla) from college and she had fake ****, her parents lived in a motel with her two other brothers when she got here at 10. The **** that would come out of her mouth sideways about "so-and-so" having a nice car or someone's boyfriend having a nice house were despicable. She worked at a call center, lived with her parents and was in school (and so did her worthless 30 year old brothers) but wanted someone to give her a lifestyle while she saved all her money and finished school. The women I have dated from Cali that came from money were awesome.

The Cuban girls (generally the Criollos/ Spain ancestry) that were Americanized and not club whores were awesome (although a little too needy at times). The black girls are down. The white girls are generally weirdos (compared to us northerners, but who can blame them being the minority) and I tend to not even bother.

Mind you - I am currently broke (by Miami standard, I get creative on dates), well-educated, in great shape, and have a northern Yankee mentality.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times

Milton Bradley Mystery Date 1960's TV Commercial - YouTube

Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
I think that after dealing with the Miami women, some guys are ready to go to the other side. There have been several, good looking guys I knew who have dated fat or unattractive women and I could never figure out why. Figured it was for money but that may not be the case. The blond guys do seem to get more attention since they are a rare breed in Miami. Yes the few white women born in Miami tend to be strange because they did not move away like most non-ethnic people here tend to. Us asexuals can think of this as entertainment because there is no way, even under the influence that I could be sexually attracted to any women. Personality is how I judge them.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 PM

131 posts, read 323,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I think that after dealing with the Miami women, some guys are ready to go to the other side. There have been several, good looking guys I knew who have dated fat or unattractive women and I could never figure out why. Figured it was for money but that may not be the case. The blond guys do seem to get more attention since they are a rare breed in Miami. Yes the few white women born in Miami tend to be strange because they did not move away like most non-ethnic people here tend to. Us asexuals can think of this as entertainment because there is no way, even under the influence that I could be sexually attracted to any women. Personality is how I judge them.
Umm, maybe they are willing to look beyond the looks to see if they are good women with values that won't lie, cheat, and steal. Just a thought.Personally, I become physically attracted to "non attractive" guys when I realize they are good people with strong values.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:09 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,032 times
Globalization has made a huge impact especially on women more than men. They have been indoctrinated in pursuing vain things instead of feeding values. Today, media have posed its eyes on women to destroy their inner values and morals just to make it a consumer article. If you don't believe just go to a mall. 90% of stores are there to please women demands.
More women date a guy just to show off her prey in front of her friends, as a competence.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:20 AM

313 posts, read 647,294 times
wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami