Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
The best thing is to rent for a year. This way you can get to know the areas better and find out what areas are in your budget before you buy. Pinecrest and Palmetto Bay you will need to look into Townhouses or Apartments in that price range. The East Kendall/Falls area you aren't going to find much else than fixer upper for $300,000 there, unless you look into townhouses or apartments. Country Walk is a nice community, when you buy just make sure you buy a CBS (Concrete Block Stone) Home, not a stick built home in there (and there are still stick homes in there.) The Crossings is a nice community. You could look in The Hammocks as there is a variety of home types there.
CBS stands for Concrete Block Structure or Concrete Block Stucco not Concrete Block Stone and the proper term for stick built is frame construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 PM

48 posts, read 180,101 times
Are there any homes in Country Walk that don't have an association?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times
If the home is in Country Walk, then it has HOA fees. I don't think they're too cheap either.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:05 AM

Yeah. I'm avoiding HOAs for sure. I'm going to look in the areas surrounding country walk to see if I can find anything without a HOA

Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
The Falls area might be an option. I'm not sure if you could get in there for 300K though. Why don't you want to purchase in Cutler Bay? There's nice homes back off Franjo Rd and Tiffany that would be in your price range and under..

Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 PM

Hey Himan can you send me like an address or intersection I should look at? I live in Cutler Bay now and honestly I live in a gated community, it's ok for renting, but it's really close to some really hood looking neighborhoods. I know it's like that even in coral gables but from what i've seen kendall is better. Plus this area has had a lot of issues with flooding, and the homeowners insurance rates would be high, and there's a ton of mosquitos here

Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 AM

3 posts, read 4,132 times
If you are still looking, I just put my house on the market a few days ago. I live off eureka 184st and 152ave 2523 sqft 4/3, a small fish pond out back, just finished building a bbq pit, patio with lightiing for entertaining , we are relocating out of state for my husband's job.This is a nice area, nice schools, there are also brand new homes being built across the street (if you rather go with those), my house is in your price bracket and you will have money left over to personalize. This is the listing MLS#: A1699571. no hoa

Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 AM

39 posts, read 52,914 times
Have you looked around north cutler? I'm thinking the area east of 92nd and just south of 184th to about 200th. The area looks a lot like Palmetto Bay with the bigger lots and I don't think they have HOAs. Cutler Bay is usually much cheaper than Palmetto because of the schools. I think Whispering Pines is rated pretty well.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Honestly, I don't have kids so I just want good schools for the property values. Thanks for all the replies. Madcoffee - you have a really nice house! The only thing is that it does have a small yard. I'm hoping for at least 1/4 acre. I'm getting the preapprovals now. I'm going to look at north cutler bay since the schools are not that important to me, thanks for the suggestion.

Does anybody know anything about Corsica in the in Country walk area? I was driving around there today to look at it and it seems really nice, though the houses look close together

Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 AM

Thanks god loves you, I will check it out. Does anyone west kendall does not have as clean air as east miami? I was driving around there yesterday and I stopped at a gas station and it seemed like the air really had a lot of car pollution. I've always lived on the east side of miami so I was surprised. Is it just me? Even though it's not as close to the water, I feel like it would not be far enough inland to make a difference???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami