Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 10:12 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times

Advertisements

3 Midtown Miami + 6 Midtown Miami Are Back From The Dead - Unarrested Development - Curbed Miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Midtown really has been a successful project. I live right near it and I go to the area all the time. Parking is easy (wish there was some type of train to go there) and parking is also cheap. The stores are good, it is a good mix and there are some good places to eat around there too for lunch and dinner. I am not a big fan of Wal Mart coming in though.

That whole area is changing for the better and this is the type of development that is do not think is over the top. The area is popular. Glad to hear some more of that space will be filled up. I hope they do something final with the green space. Right now it is a large tent I am guessing being put up for Art Basel. I would like to see a nice park or maybe a farmers market or something get put up there.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,941,918 times
The green space should be turned into a town square, preferably with space for a future transit stop. Based on the election day polls, we should be forward-thinking enough to make this happen... That way, you can have local musicians performing there and local arts nights and of course the farmer's market, which is in tune with the whole "arts district" thing. To really put Midtown on the map as a distinct neighborhood, we really need something local-focused to counter balance the ever-increasing presence of Louis Vittons and Walmarts and generic luxury high rise condos. Otherwise, it's going to be just another mall and a few condos next to the 'hood, which would sadly be the only thing left with any kind of identity....

Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 AM

250 posts, read 696,651 times
Those lots are a really good place for a world class skateboard park. Away from the condos of course.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:12 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
Who skates anymore?

Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM

28 posts, read 41,038 times
I agree the large green space in the middle should be turned into a town square/park of some sort. Miami really needs a farmers market worth a damn. In DC, they have Eastern Market. It's a really great weekend market with local artists and foods. Miami is missing something like that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami