Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikair View Post
I wouldn't be asking this question if I read glowing reviews of Miami. instead all I read is how bad it is. So it makes me wana ask the question, are most of these reviews coming from whites or Cubans?
They're coming from trolls whose lives are so pathetic that they have nothing better to do than to stir up trouble by trashing the city. It gives them some small satisfaction to garner attention upon themselvs and somehow makes them think that their lives aren't so worthless after all. But they're wrong. It actually emphasizes their shortcomings by demonstrating how pathetic their day-to-day lives really are.

And the fact of the matter is that Miami is not unique when it comes to trolls writing negative posts about the city. The boards of virtually every large metropolitan city on City-Data are infested with these trolls. You can go to any of those boards and find people who write that such-and-such city is horrible to live in, has no culture, has deteriorated over the years, etc., etc., etc.

Just disregard all the losers who spend their days wishing that they led better lives.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikair View Post
Yes, I think so. its what I am, and I would like to live near of bunch of people like myself.

Here in Oregon, your either white black or Mexican. you rarely ever see mixed friendships here.
I'm tired of being the only one. so I say to myself, self, why don't you move to Miami?
Well its because there are tons of people who hate it there and say its a war zone / 3rd world nation. then I ask myself, who's perspective is that.

Again, I apologize if I cant make this message more PC.

If you dont fit my discription, please ignore this message thread, move on there's nothing to see here.
If the only reason you want to live in Miami is because you want to live with other white Cubans then don't move here. I don't care about the thread being PC of not what we on this forum care about is whether it would be a good idea for someone to move here based on more than just their ethnicity. Moving on that alone is a horrible idea. A lot of us like living in Miami but we also know its not a city for everyone.

Miami is very diverse and people are friends with different people, in relationships etc..

If you seriously think Miami is a "war zone" or a "third world country" then maybe you should just stay in Oregon. How in the world would a city in the U.S. be like a third world country or a war zone?

Miami's negatives:
Traffic sucks
Public transit isn't good
There are some high crime areas but that is the case for just about every large U.S. city
Politicians can and have been corrupt but not really hurting the people. Nothing new, happens everywhere.
Insurance prices are high for homes and auto
Wages are not on par with places like D.C. Or NYC but Miami is not as expensive
If you don't speak Spanish some neighborhoods it would be difficult to buy a loaf of bread. Also some of the newcomers like mentioned earlier look down on people not speaking Spanish. For to most part everyone speaks English and usually another language.
Hot and humid for most of the year. Some people like having four seasons.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
This thread is going no where good. Closing it before it gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: