Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 AM

3 posts, read 69,161 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Miami this July and will be taking an apartment hunting trip in May. Can anyone give me some insight on some of the SAFEST communities to live in. What apartment complexes would you recommend? I don't want to spend more than $1100.00 - $2000.00 a month in rent. Any feed back would be GREAT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
The best thing is to live as close to your job. Where will your job be? This way we can give you places that are good near by.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Brickell is a safe area. So is just about all of Miami Beach. But knowing where you job is would help. There are plenty of safe places to look at. Do you want urban or suburban?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 PM

I don't have a job locked in yet but i do not mind a long commute. I am use to traveling up to an hour and a half for work. A safe home is most important. I know its very broad. If it helps i am in my late 20's looking for a job in bridal, event planning or pastry. I will be living alone and want a neighborhood where things are in walking distance or a bike ride away. :0/ i hope that helps

Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymovemfl2013 View Post
I don't have a job locked in yet but i do not mind a long commute. I am use to traveling up to an hour and a half for work. A safe home is most important. I know its very broad. If it helps i am in my late 20's looking for a job in bridal, event planning or pastry. I will be living alone and want a neighborhood where things are in walking distance or a bike ride away. :0/ i hope that helps
Do you mind roomates? Even without roomates Brickell sounds like a good place with you. With a roomate you could find a nice place for $1500 or so. Without one you will probably be closer to the $1800 range for a 1bdr. Miami Beach is a good location also. Specifically South Beach.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM

I honestly don't mind a roommate. I had one but they fell through. I dont know the first thing about looking for one because the one i was supposed to have was a friend. I wouldn't think of south beach being safe with all the tourist traffic on ocean drive but i will look into it :0) Brickell has some LOVELY places.. Thank you so much for your insight.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymovemfl2013 View Post
I honestly don't mind a roommate. I had one but they fell through. I dont know the first thing about looking for one because the one i was supposed to have was a friend. I wouldn't think of south beach being safe with all the tourist traffic on ocean drive but i will look into it :0) Brickell has some LOVELY places.. Thank you so much for your insight.
Brickell is my number 1 suggestion.

Even with all the tourist Miami Beach is a safe area. Maybe some crime due to drunk idiots and petty crimes but when talking about violent crime it's a very safe area. Is always busy 24/7 that is one of the reasons why. Also if you go just a few blocks west of Ocean Dr, Collins Ave and Washington Blvd it becomes fairly local.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
What about the apartments/condos near Dadeland Mall?

Old 02-25-2013, 02:22 AM

203 posts, read 518,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
What about the apartments/condos near Dadeland Mall?
You would want to say away from SW Miami unless you plan on speaking everything in Spanish.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 AM

261 posts, read 704,293 times
^^^Untrue. There are lots of Hispanics and some don't speak English very well or at all, but it's not comparable to neighborhoods like Hialeah or Little Havana. You won't have a problem enjoying life and not speaking Spanish. But I also enjoy learning languages, and I recommend working on some Spanish for the sake of convenience if you live down here.

The apartments around Dadeland Mall tend to be pretty nice. There are some new tall ones that are very pricey, others that are midrange. There are a few just north of the mall that look a little shady IMO, but it's a good area. Commute may still be tough depending on where you're going, but much better than West Kendall. Also, FYI, around major holidays the area around the mall will get jampacked, so just make sure you know your backroads. I don't think that should be a major deterrent, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami