Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,826,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRE View Post
The March 20,2008 Miami New Times article, "Poisoned Well: What was contaminating our drinking water? Who knows - Dade officials stopped looking," states that cancer-causing benzene has contaminated the Northwest Wellfield, which supplies a majority of the county's drinking water. There have also been reports of a lymphoma cancer cluster in Miami Beach.
Stopped looking? Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:39 AM

66 posts, read 90,855 times
Let's point here that Miami News is a yellow paper.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:17 AM

145 posts, read 301,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by togaer View Post
I'm new here. need your help:
what the quality of the water in miami beach?
Is it ok to drink water directly from the tap ?

where can i find info in the web about the miami beach's quality tap water?

thank you very much

Moderator cut: Use DM to contact
I drink the water from the tap and have for the entire time I've lived in MB (couple years). It's fine. Safe. Doesn't taste of anything.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,389,068 times
Default A little interesting note on the water

The water in Miami is NOT loaded down with minerals. Here's how I know:

When I was down in Miami on my most recent tour, I bought a spray bottle from publix to keep cool in the October heat when I'm driving. I just used tap water to fill it. I do the same thing in San Diego. Oh yeah, I also wear glasses which I sometimes forget to take off before I mist myself (no laughing!). In San Diego when that water hits my glasses then evaporates (taking forever to do so) it leaves the most ridiculous calcium deposits you ever saw. I learned that I have to pull off the road and clean them immediately so the calcium doesn't bond to them. No such problem in Miami!! I did the same thing a couple of times and got the overspray on my glasses and because I couldn't pull over at that moment I had to just let it evaporate (In the October heat it evaporates amazingly fast!! Even in that high humidity!) No spots! So apparently very little calcium! With the rapid evaporation rates and low mineral content you almost wouldn't need any ammonia or other solvents to clean windows. I bet that you could get the job done with just the South Florida Water alone!!

It's all these little things that make Miami seem magical.

Last edited by Reptoid Humidian; 12-29-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 AM

43 posts, read 89,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Even in "Third world" Miami-Dade, you should know that water all over the United States is among the most well tested and safest in the world. It might not taste great, but it won't make you sick no matter where you live.

Ok, back to work now!
That is very debatable. USA water standards and testing procedures are very far behind EUEuropean water directive.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 540 times
Default drinking water in Sunny Isles Beach is it safe

I've been noticing a different taste & smell from the tap water when I'm drinking I'm wondering if it's safe to drink tap water in Sunny Isles Beach ???

Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM

11,138 posts, read 15,908,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonakordova View Post
I've been noticing a different taste & smell from the tap water when I'm drinking I'm wondering if it's safe to drink tap water in Sunny Isles Beach ???
Yes, it's safe. Miami-Dade is conducting its annual cleaning of its underground pipes. The cleaning began Nov. 9th and runs until the 19th. The Miami Herald ran an article about this last week.

Miami drinking water taste funny? Cleaning underway | Miami Herald
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami