Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 05:15 PM

117 posts, read 175,005 times

Advertisements

Hey all, let's get to it. Flying to MIA in just four short days. Here is what we hope to accomplish:

Check out as many Coral Gables homes as possible
Check out as many daycares in CG as possible
Find the fastest route to Wynwood (my company just moved to Wynwood from UES) from GC for the daily grind.

With that said, some questions still linger, so help your buddy Alex out please:

Where do parents with toddlers hang out in CG? What park do you take your kids to? Any pediatrician recommendations? Dentist recommendations? What is the best grocery store for organic foods?

I will be visiting all these places and more next weekend so you guys get a few days to help me prep for this trip. Because you guys and gals rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,731 times
Honestly, I'm not a parent so I don't really know where families go with their kids, BUT, I know Coral gables quite well since I worked there almost 10 years and I live close by...

That being said there is a nice park and rec center near Le Jeune Rd and University, there is also the area around Greenway near Alhambra, it's pretty nice to go for a stroll. There is a Whole Foods on 57 Ave crossing US1 across from Sunset Place. There is also a Fresh Market in Coconut Grove off bayshore dr. if you feel like traveling that way.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfrontalex View Post
Hey all, let's get to it. Flying to MIA in just four short days. Here is what we hope to accomplish:

Check out as many Coral Gables homes as possible

Check out as many daycares in CG as possible

Where do parents with toddlers hang out in CG?
Try Salvadore Park, in the northwest sector of Coral Gables, off Valencia Ave and Columbus Blvd, episcopal and Catholic churches are nearby, and a very nice residential neighborhood.

There is a plethora of daycare all over the place, many associated with churches, but just as many not.

Because of your commute, you may want to stay in northern Coral Gables, however, looking long term, southern Coral Gables is closer to a wider and better variety of elementary/middle schools. Nonetheless, you may find one that you particularly like in the northern section, either the public school or a church-related one.

In any case, you should probably rent for at least a year at first, maybe two, and invest the capital that you would sink into a house into a real estate fund instead for a while.

There is nothing crazy about this move, the sections of Miami that you are focusing on are among the most desirable in the US, some powerful people, even nationally powerful, live here (and I am not talking about stupid media celebrities), surely not at the same level as the better areas of southern and SF bay area California and the northeast corridor, but up there nonetheless. Florida is among the top five states in the union by many criteria, certainly better than Texas in my view unless you are an oil baron, and you are focusing on the best parts of Florida and Miami.

Good Luck!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM

261 posts, read 704,293 times
Are you looking for day care or preschool? I have a good one to recommend. I can also recommend some pediatricians that are not in but pretty close to Coral Gables. Message me for details if you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami