Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:17 PM

590 posts, read 1,012,557 times

Advertisements

Many of the SoBe restaurants are overrated and overpriced, but I need to mention two are worth going:

Sardinia for great food from this Italian Island, very authentic.

Hosteria Romana on Espanola Way, very good food from Rome and Central Italy, waiters are all nice and the owner Graziella from Roma, she's really something: the classic Roman (in a nice way)! If you speak Italian you'll know what I mean once you go there.

Coral Gables area: I was disappointed by Cafe Abbracci, but Cafe Vialetto and Cibo Wine Bar were both good, great food, more intimate the atmosphere at Vialetto (get those short ribs, no knife required!!), but also Cibo was a pleasant surprise and if you happen to be there when they have the Orata (gilt-head sea bream) special, get it!

For great spanish food and great wine, try Xixon, also in the Gables, very good.

Other mentions: Jaguar (great ceviche) in the Grove, Fratelli Milano in downtown, and Casa Juancho in Calle Ocho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Great + Butter. Went there a few weeks ago, really enjoyed Cuban food with a modern flare. Small place in Coral Gables.

Another hidden spot is Market del Sur. it's in a random strip mall in Pinecrest right off US-1. Wow the food is great. Also a good wine selection. I have only been there twice and have had the special both times and wow, both times the meals I had were some of the best I had in Miami. Nice place, only locals. It's Argentinan and Italain food. Been both times on a weekend night Fri or Sat. That Chef has good skills.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
For Italian I like Rosinella. Very reasonably priced and they have a location in South Beach and Brickell.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 AM

318 posts, read 624,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingresearcher View Post
Breakfast,lunch, or dinner.....places you love to eat in Miami. Please throw a cheap one in there somewhere, too! Thanks!!
The best Churrasco steak is made by El Riconcito Latino (Coral Way close to Braman Honda).

Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
In my opinion, the five quintessential Miami restaurants for a visitor trying to capture the flavor of Miami with a variety of price points and a short amount of time would be...

1. Joe's Stone Crab. Classic American. ($$ for take away, $$$$ for dine-in)
2. Versailles Cuban Restaurant. Cuban. ($$)
3. Michael's Genuine Food and Drink. Modern American. ($$$)
4. Chef Creole. Haitian. ($-$$)
5. Sakaya Kitchen. Korean Fusion. ($$)

Honorable mentions- Buena Vista Bistro. Whisk. Michy's. El Rey de las Fritas. El Palacio De Los Jugos (no habla ingles). Jaguar Restaurant. Burger & Beer Joint.

Miami is a bit thin on breakfast joints but many restaurants offer blowout Saturday/Sunday brunches.
Your All killing my wallet!! here this is my list of places to go for people who are on a shoe string budget like me.
Cuban: El Palacio de los Jugos
Colombian: EL Bamboo Restaurant
Venezuelan: El Arepazo
Japanese/asian: Miyako
Middle Eastern: Alhambra (be advised they will take there sweet time with getting you your food but when it gets to your plate it is so worth the wait)
Those are my top 5 restaurants for those on a shoe string budget like me

Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingresearcher View Post
Breakfast,lunch, or dinner.....places you love to eat in Miami. Please throw a cheap one in there somewhere, too! Thanks!!
Good, tasty, and cheap (Bueno, Bonito, y Barato)

Uptown Buffet: Flagler and 83 av.

7.75 all you can eat, including sushi, and hibashi, and soda. (When I am too tired to cook at home I go there)

http://s1.postimg.org/4gn7x12v3/IMG_1170.jpg

One of the best Churrascos in Miami including a great environment: Charcoals Grill at Dolphin Mall, Entrance 3, next to Johnny Rockets.

Churrasco Presidente (1 Pound) drenched in Chimichurri with white rice and french fries. (A beast)

17$

http://s21.postimg.org/xk60hn907/IMG_1255.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/vkcyphz5b/IMG_1257.jpg

And my absolute favorite pasta:

Dave and Busters, Dolphin Mall, dish name: "Perfect Pasta" 17 dollars.

http://s24.postimg.org/z9is0pg8l/Foto_114.jpg

Excellent dish to enjoy watching UFC fights/Heat games and great environment.

All photos were taken by myself and my Canon G15 (no copyright violation)

The absolute best Churrasco is served at El Rinconcito latino on Coral way close to Braman Honda.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:57 AM

53 posts, read 93,301 times
Great pics Akex! Good idea.

That churrasco is so large i thought it was a small alligator making its moves towards the rice! I am STARVING now!!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:52 AM

My favorite Churrasco in Miami (Flavor). Portions used to be bigger, they increased prices and reduced portions .

El Rinconcito Latino (Coral Way, shopping center near Braman Honda) 14.99$

Last edited by Alex =]; 05-05-2013 at 11:52 AM..

Old 05-05-2013, 06:04 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
When I used to work in Doral, I always had a good lunch experience at El Tropico - good Cuban food.

https://plus.google.com/109127398143...ut?gl=us&hl=en
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami