Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 11:16 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Here are a few errors that I just noticed.

between sw 120 st to 125 ter and 122 ave to 126 ave you have it light blue but that is a residential area

between sw 132 st to 136 st and 127 ave to approximately 132 ave you also have it light blue but that is a residential area as well

I would also change sw 39 st to 39 ter and 72 ave to 76 ave from light green to blue like the rest of the homes in that neighborhood.
Noted; will fix together with the color thing (will change the current blue to a slightly less dark one). If you have any tips on the Homestead-Leisure City-Florida City areas it will be certainly appreciated too; these areas are still not very accurate in comparison with the rest of the County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:37 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
If this is still being updated, I have some small suggestions for NE Dade, based on living around here for the last 4 years and also house shopping.

Parts of Aventura should be dark blue instead of green, namely:
-Hospital district (between the train tracks and US1, north if Ives Dairy)
-Biscayne Lake Gardens, where I live (US1 - NE29 ave, NE 201 st to 203 st).
-Promenade shopping center

Parts of North Miami Beach that should be dark blue instead of green:
-east of NE 19 ave, to the park, north of 174 st.

Parts of Ives Estates that are a bit run down and should be yellow instead of blue:
-North of Ives Dairy Road, between NE 10th Ave. and I-95.

Some single family home parts of North Miami close to NE 16th ave and 135th st and NE12ave/125 st could probably be blue, but I'm not as sure about these, and I'd have to do some more exploration...will come back on here to report later.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM

I'm back! Had some personal problems in the last 4 weeks (things are not going well in Brazil, as everybody probably knows already)...but I now can put some time on the map; and on the the Palm Beach one as well, which is still (rather slowly, but still) being developed after all.

Will take a look today at the suggestions above today, probably updating them either later on today or tomorrow. And do report back on that North Miami area, definitely appreciated and I'll surely make the appropriate changes properly.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
If this is still being updated, I have some small suggestions for NE Dade, based on living around here for the last 4 years and also house shopping.

Parts of Aventura should be dark blue instead of green, namely:
-Hospital district (between the train tracks and US1, north if Ives Dairy)
-Biscayne Lake Gardens, where I live (US1 - NE29 ave, NE 201 st to 203 st).
-Promenade shopping center

Parts of North Miami Beach that should be dark blue instead of green:
-east of NE 19 ave, to the park, north of 174 st.

Parts of Ives Estates that are a bit run down and should be yellow instead of blue:
-North of Ives Dairy Road, between NE 10th Ave. and I-95.

Some single family home parts of North Miami close to NE 16th ave and 135th st and NE12ave/125 st could probably be blue, but I'm not as sure about these, and I'd have to do some more exploration...will come back on here to report later.
All fixed. But I have a question, what should be done regarding Ojus (most of it - basically the nearly the whole area under 'Ojus' that's light green); should it be kept on the light green, or the blue would be more fair? After a little research, it does look like the blue would probably be the better match.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:52 PM

2 posts, read 19,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
All fixed. But I have a question, what should be done regarding Ojus (most of it - basically the nearly the whole area under 'Ojus' that's light green); should it be kept on the light green, or the blue would be more fair? After a little research, it does look like the blue would probably be the better match.
Hi,Jacobmax, thank you for your map!
It is my first time to use this forum, so ia have a little stupid question...
What do all colors mean? Red=dangerous? Green=very safe? Then about blue ,dark blue and orange,etc?

Wait for your kind reply!

Thank you in advance

Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times
On the left hand side of the map there is a legend that shows what the different colors represent.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 19,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
On the left hand side of the map there is a legend that shows what the different colors represent.
Thank you sooo much!

Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Quote:
Thanks for the updates! I agree the light green part of Ojus should probably be blue.

Still on the fence about North Miami, BTW...I'll have to take a few bike rides and runs to be sure.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna fix that tomorrow or Monday...but I'll retain 2-3 blocks of some fine houses in the light green though, drove by there a time back - I think it's near or just south of Miami Gardens Dr, a little area with SFHs - it's better than average - and nearly all stats are good.

North Miami (some areas) is indeed a tough one - kinda of on that little area between the yellow and the blue...if you get any info there post here and I'll do the update - and thanks for the tips!

Also, to those who were interested in it, the Palm Beach County Map (oh boy it was huge - did even South Bay and Belle Glade) is nearly done - release will be in approx. 10 to 14 days max.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
Quote:
I'm back! Had some personal problems in the last 4 weeks (things are not going well in Brazil, as everybody probably knows already)...but I now can put some time on the map; and on the the Palm Beach one as well, which is still (rather slowly, but still) being developed after all.

Will take a look today at the suggestions above today, probably updating them either later on today or tomorrow. And do report back on that North Miami area, definitely appreciated and I'll surely make the appropriate changes properly.
are you brazilian? or just an american who likes brazil so he got a second home there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami