Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:11 AM

52 posts, read 118,918 times

Advertisements

I noticed that the Allapatah area is mostly red which if I remember was a different color before. Has this area gotten worse? I thought this was the next trendy neighborhood lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 09:22 AM

984 posts, read 4,314,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
Thanks for taking the time to update the map again. It's looking much better than earlier, and it was very good then. If I might make a suggestion about the SoFi area in Miami Beach:

I think you're on the right track drawing the line along 4 Street for the two shades of green, but you turned south too soon along Jefferson Ave. The line should go two more blocks east along 4 Street, then turn south along Euclid to Washington then join the present line again heading east along 2 Street. The extra four blocks you will include in the darker green are fully equal in quality to the blocks in dark green adjacent to the S and W.

In fact it might be even more accurate to make the following additional change:
After turning east along 2 Street from Washington, the line should turn S along Ocean Drive, then turn east along South Pointe Drive, i.e. just past Nikki Beach/Pier Park. Those two blocks on the east of Ocean Dr are mainly hotels plus Nikki Beach.
Appreciated! Yes, good suggestion, I'll check and do this update in that area there.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmrmustard View Post
I noticed that the Allapatah area is mostly red which if I remember was a different color before. Has this area gotten worse? I thought this was the next trendy neighborhood lol.
It was red before, now I actually upgraded to orange as the area from what I researched did get a bit better and it doesn't warrant the red (I mean, it's a lot better than Opa-Locka and Liberty City). Also I'm still researching for a couple of changes around, there's a couple of new buildings/complexes, so I'll likely upgrade a couple of sections to yellow and also possibly, still researching, downgrade higher crime/worse off areas back to red.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:33 AM

64 posts, read 91,777 times
Hi JacobMax,

I live in NE Miami and I'd like to make a few suggestions for the map in that area:

Palm Grove - Between Biscayne and the FEC tracks, south of the Little River and north of 54th Street - I would make this area blue instead of yellow. This area has improved a lot in the last few years, many of the homes have been sold and renovated. Some streets are nicer than others, but I would consider the area as a whole blue.

East of Biscayne between 60 and 66 - I would make this area light green - it's not as nice as the neighborhoods north and south - currently it has the same color as Morningside and Belle Meade and it's not comparable.

MiMo District between Biscayne and NE 6th CT, from 72nd Ter north to the river. This area should not be yellow. The restaurants on Biscayne there are very nice, the apartment buildings behind fronting NE 6th CT are all renovated with beautiful landscaping and the single family homes around there are all very nice. This area is area should be light or medium green.

Miami Shores where Biscayne and NE 6th Ave meet near the Publix. That area is currently light green and I would make it blue. The area is not bad, but not as nice or good as some other areas you currently have as light green.

Shorecrest - I think there's a difference between Shorecrest east and west of NE 10th Ave. The east side is nicer with many waterfront homes. I would make that area medium green.

El Portal - this is currently divided between light green near the river and medium green elsewhere. I would change that division to light green east of N. Miami Ave and medium green west of N. Miami Ave.

Miami Shores - the area east of N. Miami Avenue should be light green- this area is zip code 33150 which is considered less desirable.

East of Biscayne Blvd between Miami Shores and San Souci - I would make this area light green- that part of the Biscayne corridor is still a bit sketchy and the residential areas east of Biscayne there are not as nice as other areas east of Biscayne. I would lower it one category.

San Souci and Keystone - In these neighborhoods I would separate the single family homes in the gated areas from the multifamily around. The gated areas should remain medium green but I would make the multifamily area light green.

Normandy Isle - currently the whole island is medium green and I think that's incorrect. The areas of Normandy with single family homes is probably medium green, but the multifamily and commercial areas should be light green and blue. Basically, the east and west ends should be light green or blue and the center of the island medium green.

I hope these suggestions help.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:33 AM

Very helpful indeed, thanks for the suggestions and for the specifics on them. I'll take a look at these areas soon, check with the proper data and make updates based on that.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:23 AM

I've implemented the updates, and a couple of other updates/fixes.

I just don't understand how El Portal should be rated, most of it looks pretty identical (besides its west end and the area near NE 2 Ave). I'll keep as it is just for now as it is pretty accurate, if someone has more info or a suggestion regarding the area it would be helpful.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 AM

64 posts, read 91,777 times
JacobMax,

I saw the changes and they look good.

With regards to El Portal and Miami Shores: The general thought in the area is that the further east you go the better it is, and property values do drop when you go west of NE 2nd, but especially when you go west of North Miami Ave because you enter a different zip code. Now, I find that western El Portal and western Miami Shores look quite nice and visually indistinguishable from the rest of those communities, but the property values do reflect a certain preference or desirability for the neighborhoods east of N. Miami Ave (zip code 33138) vs neighborhoods west (zip code 33150).

Also, another comment: the area south of 95 ST, north of 91 ST, between NW 3rd and NW 2nd Ave are part of Miami Shores - it's a chunk of Miami Shores extending further west than 2nd Ave. This area should not be yellow - it should be the same color green as the El Portal section to the south and the Miami Shores section to its immediate east.

On the other hand, the area west of NW 3rd, between 91 and 87 is currently a light green as if it were part of El Portal. That area is unincorporated Dade and does not look very nice in my opinion. Google street view will show that it does not look like El Portal and Miami Shores.

I wonder if any other locals have any comments on the area. I don't think it's incorrect to leave all of Miami Shores and all of El Portal the same color in the grand scheme of things as they are some of the more desirable neighborhoods in NE Dade.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:18 PM

Yes indeed, I've just checked that area west of 2nd Ave that's Miami Shores and it's yellow, that's a small mistake I made there (it's lower end Miami Shores but it's not bad). Same for the area west of 5th Ave near the El Portal border is and like you said it's just an Unincorporated (and worse off) area, it needs to be downgraded.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:34 PM

52 posts, read 118,918 times
Would you rate El Portals Sherwood Forrest area a blue or green? I know the little farm trailer park east of it had alot of crime but it has since been abandoned and the land sold to a Chinese developer.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:22 AM

Actually the light green, as it is a nice, very pleasant, and safe area (around that park). But it is not such a high end area in El Portal and it's very close to dangerous areas in Little River that still have not gentrified (although the around/east of Biscayne area has been getting better recently). For now this way is the most accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami