Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 03:23 PM

93 posts, read 312,256 times

Advertisements

Hi sir, can you do areas north of miami in the colors? would love to know around FT lauderdale and points west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,189,878 times
jacobmax already did that map too, see it at this link:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...302724,0.41851

Old 08-20-2013, 05:32 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
The PBC map is done, finished over the weekend. Not only that but two other maps have been done for Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties (one is focused in public transit, walkability and the like - the other one is solely focused on public safety and crime).

The Neighborhood-O-Meter of the District of Columbia and also the one of Los Angeles County are being done too (very early beginnings, but as I'm dedicating more time to these projects they're coming along a little faster).

I'll publish all of them at the same time (besides the ones in the works - the DC and LA ones) within 7-10 days (still have to fix a few details - thought it was just few, there are quite a bit of them), and I'll put the links in the appropriate forums (that is, of each respective County).

This map thing is becoming bigger than I expected...I hope I can make a living out of that (plus, definitely, helping people relocate - which is the main point) as I'm underemployed now...

Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Awesome!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
r_k

Awesome! Please let us know here also when you post those maps.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:27 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Finally finished them!

The link to the Palm Beach County one is here: Neighborhood-O-Meter of Palm Beach (West Palm Beach)

This is the other one finished, even though it's from DC, a few people may find it helpful: Neighborhood-O-Meter of the District of Columbia (DC) (also the list with the ones still in construction and the ones to come soon are here - as it's going nationwide: Full Maps Directory)

Now, the important ones, for this neck of the woods (please mind that they're still not fully finished - definitely fully open to suggestions here):

Crime-O-Meter of Miami-Dade: Crime-O-Meter of Miami-Dade (Miami)

Walkability-O-Meter of Miami-Dade: Walkability-O-Meter of Miami-Dade (Miami)

Old 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM
r_k

Great job. Thank you very much!

Old 10-21-2013, 02:54 PM

45 posts, read 134,237 times
I am looking at it in pieces, however, I would say that the single family homes of Sabal Chase are slightly nicer than the SFH surrounding Sabal Chase. I would increase it by one shade, and include the townhome sections while you're at it.

The area west of SW 117 Avenue but east of the Turnpike, south of 120th street down to where SW 117 Avenue crosses under 874 should be purple.

Also, in South Miami, there is a tiny area on the east side that isn't very pleasant. It's mostly commercial with apartment buldings and a few older homes in okay condition with a few McMansions sandwiched in between. Its basically the area that runs along the east side of US 1 from 67th Avenue to Sunset Drive..just for one block, or two at the most in some areas. I would make that area the lightest green or maybe even yellow.

Lastly, in regard to the yellow area in South Miami. I don't think that's accurate for the entire neighborhood. Where the post office is...you're spot on, you might even want to consider orange for the housing project NW of the post office. However, there is a tiny buffer between the yellow and the medium green that, while the average income is still low, what little they have, they seem to put into their homes and yards. Modest but extremely well kept yards and homes.

Those are my thoughts. Thanks for such a resourceful tool!

Old 10-24-2013, 04:24 AM

7 posts, read 18,740 times
Great work.........Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 8,146 times
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): [URL]https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&authuser=0&msa=0&output=kml&msid=212676 495963941324179.0004d7c237cd0fd254811[/URL] (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

[URL]https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=212676495963941324179.0004d7c237cd0f d254811[/URL]

Hi, I'm looking to move to Miami in the next few months, and I am finding your map very helpful. I would like to know how accurate this map this because I have found some great apartments, and they are gated, but they are located in areas that you classify as Red. The map says it's located off of 95, and it is NW 79th ST...any help would be extremely helpful, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami