Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM

984 posts, read 4,314,480 times

Advertisements

I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...237cd0fd254811 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,190,745 times
YES!!! My hood is green now!!!! Well, it was always meant to be green... thats the reason I;ve always complained about this map.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM

12 posts, read 79,766 times
This is great! Thanks so much!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:53 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
On first glance it looks like the ratings given to Wynwood are too kind. West of NE 2nd Ave is still pretty seedy.

I will look at it more later and see if I have any suggestions.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,087 times
I will look into it more but awesome. I have been making my own but I could not figure out how to get all the zones show up on one page. Maybe that is only a problem the actual maker of the map has? For example after a certain amount of zones it would go to page 2 but when I first opened the map if Doral or Miami Lakes was on page 2 and I was looking at page 1 Doral and Miami Lakes would just be empty. Anyway easier to give suggestions to your map.
Comments/Suggestions:

I would consider making the neighborhood of Bay Point Dark Green. Private streets, gated community almost impossible to find a home under $1,000,000 in there. Bay Point is the area just south of Morning Side where Sabal Lake is.

I can't tell I think Miami Lakes is normal green? I can agree with that. Though the area North of 154 and West of 82nd is a very nice area. Its not North Bay Road but it is great and very very safe. Safer than Say Brickell.

Thank you for give Hialeah some respect. It is actually a pretty safe area, especially in violent crime considering its size. Other much smaller cities in Miami-Dade have more crime problems than Hialeah. It is no where near as bad as some people might say or think it is to those who don't go there often. It has its problems and there are plenty of nicer areas but sometimes when Hialeah is looked down a bit too much. That being said, given it seems like the big different between Orange, Red and Yellow are safety I am not sure if I would give any of Hialeah Orange. Its not the best looking area in town but it is far from being very dangerous IMO. Overall though you have shown Hialeah in a better light than other maps/comments I have seen.

I know this is being picky but south of NW 5th street in Downtown Miami, the part that is red is really not that bad of an area. Been there a few times at night for dinner and it really does not look bad at all. And the old homes there are actually pretty cool I think this will be an up and coming area of Miami in the next 10 years or so.

I would make the midtown US-1 stretch from 195 sout to 395 light green. There are some nice buildings there and its getting better but still plenty of run down buildings/homes in the area too.

Overall GREAT JOB. Maybe this thread should be pinned? Looking at it besides for a few picky comments above it really does resemble where when in my car or walking down the street where I feel comfortable or not. Been through plenty of the Yellow and Orange areas and those areas are just that. Not the greatest place to be but I am not too worried. Red is good the areas and even those places I been through during the day and a few small red spots at night too.

Good job again.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM

75 posts, read 204,460 times
Exceptionally helpful. It appears that my "possible" relocation to Miami is now likely / probable. This map will be, as you said "properly useful," as I am not familiar with the city at all.

Thanks so much -- solid work here!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
On first glance it looks like the ratings given to Wynwood are too kind. West of NE 2nd Ave is still pretty seedy.

I will look at it more later and see if I have any suggestions.
Took a more insightful look, made a change in Wynwood, take a look a see if everything's fine now. And if there's any other suggestions, just post them here; I appreciate it.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I will look into it more but awesome. I have been making my own but I could not figure out how to get all the zones show up on one page. Maybe that is only a problem the actual maker of the map has? For example after a certain amount of zones it would go to page 2 but when I first opened the map if Doral or Miami Lakes was on page 2 and I was looking at page 1 Doral and Miami Lakes would just be empty. Anyway easier to give suggestions to your map.
Comments/Suggestions:

I would consider making the neighborhood of Bay Point Dark Green. Private streets, gated community almost impossible to find a home under $1,000,000 in there. Bay Point is the area just south of Morning Side where Sabal Lake is.

I can't tell I think Miami Lakes is normal green? I can agree with that. Though the area North of 154 and West of 82nd is a very nice area. Its not North Bay Road but it is great and very very safe. Safer than Say Brickell.

Thank you for give Hialeah some respect. It is actually a pretty safe area, especially in violent crime considering its size. Other much smaller cities in Miami-Dade have more crime problems than Hialeah. It is no where near as bad as some people might say or think it is to those who don't go there often. It has its problems and there are plenty of nicer areas but sometimes when Hialeah is looked down a bit too much. That being said, given it seems like the big different between Orange, Red and Yellow are safety I am not sure if I would give any of Hialeah Orange. Its not the best looking area in town but it is far from being very dangerous IMO. Overall though you have shown Hialeah in a better light than other maps/comments I have seen.

I know this is being picky but south of NW 5th street in Downtown Miami, the part that is red is really not that bad of an area. Been there a few times at night for dinner and it really does not look bad at all. And the old homes there are actually pretty cool I think this will be an up and coming area of Miami in the next 10 years or so.

I would make the midtown US-1 stretch from 195 sout to 395 light green. There are some nice buildings there and its getting better but still plenty of run down buildings/homes in the area too.

Overall GREAT JOB. Maybe this thread should be pinned? Looking at it besides for a few picky comments above it really does resemble where when in my car or walking down the street where I feel comfortable or not. Been through plenty of the Yellow and Orange areas and those areas are just that. Not the greatest place to be but I am not too worried. Red is good the areas and even those places I been through during the day and a few small red spots at night too.

Good job again.
Hey FlyMIA, thanks for the support. And yes, that issue only happens with the map maker (when you're editing it, or taking a look at it while logged in the Google system. For all other people (besides the creator) it appears normally, with all the areas at once.

I did the update on the Baypoint area, definitely agreed. And Miami Lakes is the normal standard green. Hialeah I made a few changes, but I still left only a few specific areas in the orange - I worked in all of Hialeah for a while, as a salesman. The number of people doing criminal stuff (that includes things people don't see on the street) was mind blogging - mostly in the industrial areas, I've even helped with P.D. to try to put some of them in jail.

Downtown and Midtown I mostly did the changes you said, take a look and see if it's correct now.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,318,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Took a more insightful look, made a change in Wynwood, take a look a see if everything's fine now. And if there's any other suggestions, just post them here; I appreciate it.
Um. Maybe you forgot to hit save or misunderstood what I was talking about

"Midtown (Central Section)" with the exception of around the Midtown Miami development should be recoded as yellow, as should a great deal of "Midtown (East)/Edgewater" (I would leave "Wynwood (SW End)" and "Overtown/Most of Culmer" alone.

Basically start at the MacArthur, and mark everything west of NE 2nd Ave and south of NE 31st Street (with the exception of the two I believe can stay as orange and red) as yellow. East of NE 2nd Ave (and west of Biscayne Bay) should really be blue up to the JTC.

The Midtown development could be light green (NE 32nd street north to the JTC (really should be NE 36th street but the JTC will do) east of N Miami Ave and west of Biscayne.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:57 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,124,518 times
don't agree with most of your ratings of Homestead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami