Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will the current real estate bubble last?
The bubble ends in 2013 4 13.33%
The bubble ends in 2014 3 10.00%
The bubble lasts six years like the 2002-2008 one 14 46.67%
There in no bubble, foreigners will be lining up to pour money into paradise forever 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

Do not forget that every dollar bill is a bill of credit, not redeemable in gold or silver or any real assets. Foreigners are flooded with cheap money printed by the Fed and they foolishly believe that Miami real estate is a good investment. However, property taxes eat away any gains made, and investors are not buying to live in but buying to speculate. Falling incomes which approach that of the rest of the world put downward pressure on rents, which will destroy investor returns. I see no way the Miami bubble can continue when worldwide inflation kills the Dollar's reserve status. Timing is the only issue. Smart investors will dump retail and residential properties for real assets like gold, silver, copper, farmland, oil and so on. The ONLY reason for them to snap up properties now is to cash in on the 45 billion monthly money printing to buy real estate securities.

By the way, the national debt is the money supply and will NEVER EVER be paid. Even if all income in the US was taxed at 100%, they still could not balance the budget at this point. The key words are end game. Remember, debt grows exponentially when interest rates are zero. If they rise, KABOOM!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danbigma...enough-really/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guatacon View Post
The bubble will not end, it will be worse and worse untin ee.uu fall down.

Do you want to save the economy of ee.uu?

Simple...

Don't send more money to "aid" other parasitic countries as for example africa and the terrorist state of isra-hell....

With the money that this country use to support all those parasitic countries we can pay-off the debit.
Africa is a good example of a country

Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM

151 posts, read 213,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Do not forget that every dollar bill is a bill of credit, not redeemable in gold or silver or any real assets. Foreigners are flooded with cheap money printed by the Fed and they foolishly believe that Miami real estate is a good investment. However, property taxes eat away any gains made, and investors are not buying to live in but buying to speculate. Falling incomes which approach that of the rest of the world put downward pressure on rents, which will destroy investor returns. I see no way the Miami bubble can continue when worldwide inflation kills the Dollar's reserve status. Timing is the only issue. Smart investors will dump retail and residential properties for real assets like gold, silver, copper, farmland, oil and so on. The ONLY reason for them to snap up properties now is to cash in on the 45 billion monthly money printing to buy real estate securities.

By the way, the national debt is the money supply and will NEVER EVER be paid. Even if all income in the US was taxed at 100%, they still could not balance the budget at this point. The key words are end game. Remember, debt grows exponentially when interest rates are zero. If they rise, KABOOM!

John Stossel: Tax The Rich? The Rich Don't Have Enough. Really. - Forbes
How's that gold and silver doing for you? Talk about worthless assets. Well, gold at least. Silver is at least used in industry. Weekend Analyst. It's a bubble that has collapsed, and it is only getting worse. Real estate is a real asset, still near 10 year lows in many areas in the country trading at spreads to treasuries that are still higher than many other assets with inflation protection. Buyers are not levered yet, until levered buyers drive real estate here, it is not close to a bubble.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaash2 View Post
How's that gold and silver doing for you? Talk about worthless assets. Well, gold at least. Silver is at least used in industry. Weekend Analyst. It's a bubble that has collapsed, and it is only getting worse. Real estate is a real asset, still near 10 year lows in many areas in the country trading at spreads to treasuries that are still higher than many other assets with inflation protection. Buyers are not levered yet, until levered buyers drive real estate here, it is not close to a bubble.
I have made huge gains with gold in the last 10 years. It's my antidote to the constant assault of the Fed. Also have a nice stash of crude oil I picked up over the years I have used to convert to gas/diesel. In fact every thing I buy, even paper has outperformed the constant devaluation of the dollar. The land I now own produces hay, but residential real estate and commercial is too risky and heavily taxed. You can keep the risky real estate and try and squeeze money from tenants who will choose food and fuel over rent. Besides gold, I have been getting more into bitcoin, but I am not sure where it will go.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,105 times
Let's be clearer, Africa is not a country it is a continent.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 PM

Investors cooling on housing market - CBS News

Uh oh, if this is true expect the Miami bubble to start deflating later this year.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:41 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Investors cooling on housing market - CBS News

Uh oh, if this is true expect the Miami bubble to start deflating later this year.
By definition, current real estate conditions are not bubble, by now a popular and misused term

And the article perfectly illustrates what's going on: investors are buying distressed houses, fixing them up, renting them, and plan on holding them for around eight years or so, generating yield in the meantime. These investors are doing a service to the economy, which is what investors are supposed to do, helping to stabilize the market which should fluctuate slightly, not in a volatile fashion, in tandem with swings in the overall economic growth rate which have and should continue in a narrow 0%-2% range, on average, over the past four years or so and over the next 5-10 years at least, maybe 20.

So Miami real estate prices have ticked up over the past year or so, this uptick may have reached a peak for the moment, as investors have already snatched up the best deals possible over the past two years or so, and prices could stall at current levels or retreat a bit, and they could uptick again in another few months or next year, then tick down a bit, then tick up a bit again, with an overall slow growth rate on average.

Really nothing unusual or unexpected. Hopefully no more cockamamie social and financing policies from above to upset the current state of equilibrium which is as good as one could have reasonably expected it to be.

Worrisome, however, is if these fluctuations in real estate prices and housing construction are the only source of growth in the overall economy, as the Fed Beige Book report seems to have suggested according to the headlines, but I didn't read the report myself yet and I don't believe the headlines, there's a lot more positive going on besides just real estate.

Anyway, Good Luck!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 AM

3 posts, read 3,951 times
Goodness me. How nice this forum is... full of info..i'm spending hrs reading this .....

Old 05-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Location: Downtown Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill,Homestead for now
512 posts, read 1,225,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Let's be clearer, Africa is not a country it is a continent.
Tell them straight shooter

Old 05-01-2013, 03:20 PM

53 posts, read 103,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guatacon View Post
The bubble will not end, it will be worse and worse untin ee.uu fall down.

Do you want to save the economy of ee.uu?

Simple...

Don't send more money to "aid" other parasitic countries as for example africa and the terrorist state of isra-hell....

With the money that this country use to support all those parasitic countries we can pay-off the debit.
Take a seat and wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami