Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai Frente View Post
Rick,
That's tip of the iceberg in terms of living high, Miami Dolphins ownership and Executives.
I could reveal more but my buddy's job could be toast if I spill the beans.
Divulging what I really know could get me banned from this website.
Ps. I have no interest in pro sports in South Florida.
And, Dan Marino fathered a bastard child out of wedlock !!

Best of Luck.
It is people like you that give me hope.I also have no interest in overgrown kids and their stupid "sports".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 02:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
It is people like you that give me hope.I also have no interest in overgrown kids and their stupid "sports".

Bowling is the same way, I mean an ape can throw a 16-pound ball down an alley, no brains there.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:56 PM

113 posts, read 415,006 times
You fine folks have no idea the flamboyant lifestyles of the Miami Dolphins executives, ownership, higher ups, investors.
They want a free ride with their new House, and us average folks left paying their bills.
Meanwhile, some people live like Kings either way.
Capitalism ??

Last edited by Vai Frente; 05-06-2013 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 03:06 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Bowling is the same way, I mean an ape can throw a 16-pound ball down an alley, no brains there.
Yet bowlers actually do something while baseball, basketball and football fans just vegetate in a seat while others do the work. Oh and yes, I have yet to see an ape who can average over 200 while bowling. Even golfers are preferable to spectators in my opinion.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,249 times
Watching sports is vegetating? I thought people watch sports for entertainment, relaxing. Is reading vegetating? Life isn't all about working or feeding your mind. Sometimes you just want to watch something fun! I like to watch an occasional football game, but I've never had an interest in playing it. Same goes for most sports. Just because I don't want to play sports doesn't mean I shouldn't watch sports. It's entertainment. I looooove watching the Olympics, but I have no interest in doing any of the events. You can also "watch" golf and bowling. Don't see anything wrong with that.
That being said, I have no interest in building any stadiums for any teams. The organizations make plenty of money without needing any handouts.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Yet bowlers actually do something while baseball, basketball and football fans just vegetate in a seat while others do the work. Oh and yes, I have yet to see an ape who can average over 200 while bowling. Even golfers are preferable to spectators in my opinion.
I guarantee you football players do something, get hit by a 300-pound lineman somtime but you might be be right it is just a bunch of overgrown kids making money so we might as well throw in a non-contact game like bowling which has its limited spectators.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM

17 posts, read 27,328 times
The Dolphins are more concerned with hosting a Super Bowl rather then participating in one. The shady part was that "job fair" they hosted, knowing well it was just a ploy to get votes. This team will never be championship material as long as the current people are in charge. Enjoy finishing behind the Patriots and Jets for many more years to come.

Los Angeles can have them.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Miami is in contention this year too bad Brady isn't quarterback for the Dolphins, New York Jets need to hire a new head coach and get a different QB. Everybody wants to play for a winner, Miami hasn't had that since Don Shula.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,675 times
"The City of Miami welocmes you to the Orange Bowl" is ingrained on my concience from sitting in that stadium for so many Dolphin and Hurricane games, and I mean in the 70s when the Canes stunk and the Fins were bad azz

Miami has always been out in front as the city that hosted the most Super Bowls. Over the years NO or Houston has caught up and tied us which I find disappointing. I always looked at my hometown as the Home of the SB and a feather in the cap for the community. I dont live there anymore as I can live like a king in my current city compared to Miami but I think you might want to try to find a way to put on that very special event and once again make Miami the home of Professional footballs championship game. With Domes and indoor stadiums getting that event is becoming more difficult. And the NFL is extremely popular so I see Miami aligning itself with that league as a mutual benefit to the NFL and the city. Most cities have to spend alot more to get itself ready for the game (I live in Indy boy did we luck out with the weather a few years ago) but Miami is perfectly suited place for people to plan a vacation around the game. I dont like the whole corporate welfare thing either and the people should have a say in any taxes being raised in their localities that go to support a private endeavour. On the othe hand an event like that generates alot of revenue where a place like Indy just barely broke even because of the money they had to spend to get the game in the first place.

Locals should embrace the game, make a party of it and convince the NFL that the best place to have the SB is the home of the SB, Miami

Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 PM

113 posts, read 415,006 times
As a Floridian and life long Fin Fan why would I pull for my home town team when the Owner's interest is in money, not the team? Stephen Ross is a businessman, not a sportsman. The days of Joe Robbie/Wayne Huizenga/Dona Shula/Dan Marino are GONE. Ross is about money, period. Stadium renovations are wanted because it will pull in all sorts of revenues, not just the Fins. Joe Robbie, like Al Davis, like Carroll Rosenbloom were role model pro sports owners. To Floridians like myself the inside joke is the Fins have become a joke under Ross. We need people who want to win, from the owner to the men's locker room janitors. Robbie/Shula/Marino. Men with class who wanted to WIN. Let Ross finance 100% renovations. His team, his money.

The late Jack Kent Cook another legendary owner : financed his stadium himself.

Joe Robbie built Pro Player himself, so can Ross !!

Last edited by Vai Frente; 05-06-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami