Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I guarantee you football players do something, get hit by a 300-pound lineman somtime but you might be be right it is just a bunch of overgrown kids making money so we might as well throw in a non-contact game like bowling which has its limited spectators.
I think he meant that when you bowl or golf you're doing something vs. just sitting and watching. But you can sit and watch bowling and golf too. They're all sports/games that you can either participate in or watch. Don't see what's so terrible about watching a sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
I always looked at my hometown as the Home of the SB and a feather in the cap for the community. I dont live there anymore as I can live like a king in my current city compared to Miami but I think you might want to try to find a way to put on that very special event and once again make Miami the home of Professional footballs championship game. With Domes and indoor stadiums getting that event is becoming more difficult. And the NFL is extremely popular so I see Miami aligning itself with that league as a mutual benefit to the NFL and the city. Most cities have to spend alot more to get itself ready for the game (I live in Indy boy did we luck out with the weather a few years ago) but Miami is perfectly suited place for people to plan a vacation around the game. I dont like the whole corporate welfare thing either and the people should have a say in any taxes being raised in their localities that go to support a private endeavour. On the othe hand an event like that generates alot of revenue where a place like Indy just barely broke even because of the money they had to spend to get the game in the first place.

Locals should embrace the game, make a party of it and convince the NFL that the best place to have the SB is the home of the SB, Miami
I agree that hosting the Super Bowl is something to be proud of; however, so is having beautiful hotels, restaurants, and entertainment options, yet you don't see those owners going out and asking the city for hundreds of millions of dollars.

The NFL bullied South Florida into accepting dates that coincide with the International Boat Show which already fills rooms and is a bonanza for Miami in particular.

Professional sports is BIG business and is filled with hundreds of millions upon billions of dollars. If we're going to be helping businesses grow, let's help the mom and pops who get laughed out of the big banks and stepped on by those like Ross. Those are people who are truly investing in the community, not some big stadium that is only lit up for a handful of events each year.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM

113 posts, read 414,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
If we're going to be helping businesses grow, let's help the mom and pops who get laughed out of the big banks and stepped on by those like Ross. Those are people who are truly investing in the community, not some big stadium that is only lit up for a handful of events each year.
/\ /\ +100

Please vote NO to Ross !!

Much Appreciated !!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 PM

29 posts, read 53,385 times
LOL Fins got nothing anyways!!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
disgusting greedy selfish pigs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami