Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 04:28 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,889,948 times

Advertisements

South Florida drivers are the WORST I have encountered. I have spent time in NYC, Boston, D.C, Savannah, and Portland.

South Florida drivers usually fit in to one of these catagories:

1. Talking on cell
2. Texting
3. High on cocaine or pot
4. On perscription meds thats say "do not operate machinery'
5. Very elderly
6. Drunk
7. Showing off sports cars
8. Late to somewhere
9. People who change lanes and cut people off without signaling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,803,358 times
I confess, I show off, and I am always in a hurry. Most other people seem to never be in any hurry.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,584,155 times
Miami is really bad, soon as you cross over the county line to Broward from Palm Beach it changes though. Some of the stuff you see on I95 in Miami wants to make you turn around and head north. Overall though South Florida is the among the worst places I ever lived for drivers, I tend to think a lot of that is based on the people who reside here, a mix of senior citizens, illegals, ex-Third World Country residents and cocky Jersey Guido Gel Heads and overall in a hurry to go no where mentality.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM

319 posts, read 623,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Miami is really bad, soon as you cross over the county line to Broward from Palm Beach it changes though. Some of the stuff you see on I95 in Miami wants to make you turn around and head north. Overall though South Florida is the among the worst places I ever lived for drivers, I tend to think a lot of that is based on the people who reside here, a mix of senior citizens, illegals, ex-Third World Country residents and cocky Jersey Guido Gel Heads and overall in a hurry to go no where mentality.
Broward and Palm Beach are not as populated as Miami.

Miami is very dense/populated. You cannot compare Miami and Broward/Palm Beach.

"Ex thirld world country residents".

South America and the Caribbean are developing nations, third world is a place like Africa.

South American countries have a higher gdp per capita than eastern European countries.

Keep heading north, better that way.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,698,246 times
It is strange that yesterday while driving on Miller Road a county car cut across three lanes of traffic to get to the left turn lane. Instinctively my response was to floor it and try to catch the county car on the side, so it would be his fault. Lucky for him my truck is a slow as a slug, but I can see that the bad driver killer instinct is in me just like it seems to be in others. Sad.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 AM

151 posts, read 212,766 times
I second those who say south florida have the worst drivers. I don't think I have even been to a COUNTRY with worst driving than south florida.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:44 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,584,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Broward and Palm Beach are not as populated as Miami.

Miami is very dense/populated. You cannot compare Miami and Broward/Palm Beach.

"Ex thirld world country residents".

South America and the Caribbean are developing nations, third world is a place like Africa.

South American countries have a higher gdp per capita than eastern European countries.

Keep heading north, better that way.
Actually Broward is more densely populated than Miami-Dade according to the stats, but not by much. Palm Beach is growing, I have seen the traffic increase over the past 15 years. 2 lane roads are now 6 lanes and bumper to bumper traffic.

Huh? The Caribbean, Central and South America is a "Third World Country" better do your research before making incorrect statements. I have had more than a few issues with some Haitian and Central American drivers who cannot drive or drive properly.

Stay in your cesspool, cream rises to the top remember that.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM

140 posts, read 399,018 times
Boston & Maimi, neck and neck in worst driver ratings most yrs.

My Opinion of Browardall numbers approx)
1/4 of the drivers ane too old to see right, and really don't care
1/4 of the drivers and from some 3rd world place with minimal driving rules, liscenses etc.
the remaining 1/2 drive around scared half to death.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:23 PM

140 posts, read 399,018 times
one more:

when you buy a new car in S FL I think you get a choice between a Horn OR Signal lights.
Guess which one most choose?

Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,169,885 times
Is the answer as annoying as:
None, because if you are a Miamian you wouldn't know how to use them anyway,,, >>

?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami