Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Maximo View Post
Hi everyone,

Was looking at some neighborhoods and wanted to get your input on crime in the general South Miami area. In general, let's consider South Miami to be the area bounded by Blue Rd. to the north, 826 to the West, 88th St. (Kendall Dr.) to the South, and 57th Ave. (Red Rd.) to the east. I should preface this by saying that I'm aware that there is a tougher neighborhood between 57 Ave. and 62 Ave. north to about 58th Terrace. I also am sure that Dadeland attracts some petty crime. There is a canal that runs north south named the Twin Lakes canal. Should this be considered a dividing line of sorts?

Im curious if there are other pockets/blocks, etc.. that should be avoided or alternatively ones that are great places to live in. I haven't been able to track down a lot of data on this area so your input would be very much appreciated.
Well, I'd recommend here ...in my neck of the woods; generally I'd say the whole area from 826 until Ludlam Rd, and from Hardee Dr south to Snapper Creek. It's very safe - I actively talk and work (reporting/assistance) with security personnel in a few apt. and shopping complexes nearby. Also CrimeMapping you can (mostly) trust, but you gotta look into the boundaries of where's County jurisdiction, and where's City. Actually two vandalism incidents in the area I reported just appeared in the CrimeMapping thing early this week. The area down here has good reporting/coverage (so these are real numbers) and been getting even (slightly) safer...I ain't gonna let yahoos and punks hang out doing crime like there's no rule of law, the goal is to get to zero incidents - even if that happens just in a month (and as low as possible all throughout).

Quick note, forgot: avoid the area along/near SW 82nd St west of SW 72nd Ave, it's up and coming but still far from good - not to mention the Village (at Dadeland) complex, which is kind of a hotbed for crime and miscreants.

Last edited by JacobMAX; 05-17-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 PM

249 posts, read 419,705 times
lol, South Miami's little ghetto is literally like 2 or 3 blocks big, its just a couple of ghetto section 8 apartments and the area surrounding it. Its too small to be truly dangerous and if you find yourself in there don't worry because its a small area and the people there are probably used to people randomly driving through there

Old 05-18-2013, 10:15 AM

139 posts, read 277,767 times
JacobMax, thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I had someone tell me to be a bit weary of the few blocks to the south of Fuchs Park and to the west of 64th Ave. There are some nice houses in there but you have to deal with the asian-motiff apt. complex behind the shopping center which I think caters to a lot of college kids. There are a few other pockets that I have noticed that don't look particularly nice. I may contact you offline to get your take on them.

TooLoud, I hear what you are saying. There are far worse areas in Miami, and that area is not really all that bad. It's more that I just want to live somewhere where I have a lower probability of my car getting broken into, burglary, vandalism from teens, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami