Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,392 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Currently I live in Paramus, NJ and will be moving to Miami-Dade or Broward County in Florida in July 2014. Would like to know which towns are comparable to Paramus in any of those two FL counties. I understand that is completely different but I would like to live in a good neighborhood. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 02:46 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,330,113 times
Well, when I'm in NJ (and in Paramus) I only go to Ikea, GSP and rarely Paramus Park. Neighborhood wise I really know nothing about Paramus. I do have family that live in Oradell. Are Oradell 'hoods similar to Paramus 'hoods?

Or better yet just tell us what you're looking for- dwelling type (condo, single family, townhouse, duplex, etc.) as well as number of beds, baths, budget, and what you're looking to be near. Where will you work? Would you take public transit? Any kids?

Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,525,838 times
Everyone I know that lived in NJ that now lives in Florida did it, to get OUT of NJ... They were not looking for a comparable town, they were looking for something different.

Unfortunately, other than I have driven thru NJ to get to the NE US, I know very little about it. What Coconut1 suggested is probably the best way we can help you. Although if you want ice storms, snow, and/or mountains you are out of luck.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:46 AM

140 posts, read 434,780 times
Maybe should explain what's so good about Paramus so we can help you out, I've only been to toms river in nj and can tell you towns like that don't really exist down here.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,748,188 times
Ok I have family in new burnswick, Elizabeth, and often take the train to NYC at mutuchen, can you tell me if Paramus is like any of these areas? Elizabeth is what is closest to Hialeah, not that great.

Mutuchen is closer to coconut grove, Miami shores and parts of the gables and probably the closest to small quaint town feel of mutuchen would be Miami springs. New burnswick is filled with split level housing but some areas are very nice and they have the very residential feel, closest areas that I know of are palmetto bay, east Kendal, whispering pines in cutler bay.

Knowing what you are looking for is better, new jersey and Miami are quite different. Being originally from NJ and now living here since 1978 I am glad we left NJ but Miami took some adjusting.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,748,188 times
Oh our downtown, brickell area is closer to east jersey and
trendy Hoboken.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 AM

27 posts, read 58,159 times
YLot, tell me when you find it!!! LOL! I've been looking for years & have had no such luck. I'm also in Bergen Co & feel bad about moving my kids from a small, good public school, where they are really part of a community to a huge development - that is just Miami!! They are 8 and 10. Keep me posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami