Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 08:11 AM

3 posts, read 2,753 times

Advertisements

I am kinda new to Miami and I find it hard to find people I can rely on, build friendship.
I've got lots of requests from gay guys asking me out at my gym, problem is, I'm straight.

Can someone help me out finding places where I can hangout and find just nice people eventually find a girlfriend (I'm newly single after a divorce). Only friends would be fine actually, I miss people I an rely one and trust and have some fun and go for a short vacation with.
Where should I go during the week or week end? Since I have my own business I am very flexible.
To give you a bit of background, I am French live in the US (legally of course) for over 9 years, and I do look very good (honest!). And I spent a lot of time working thought. So most people I know are business relationships which won't mix with my personal life. I want to share with someone now but I find it so difficult to find someone not interested in money or short term relationships that... it's depressing.

Is there any place that you guys would recommend I could go to and start having a life outside of work and meet open minded smart women not looking for a one night stand? (one night stand is ok thought, don't get me wrong :P, just that I'd lie to find people who become friends first at this point)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,804,299 times
Yoga class. Lots of good looking women.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,420,342 times
Have you checked out meetup.com?

Old 06-05-2013, 11:57 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,947,926 times
Sign up for classes at Miami Dade Collge, at the gym or other places. You need to socialize, to meet people who can introduce you to others. You need to be in environment were talking to others is not "awkward" It's hard to meet people in public places especially if you are by yourself. Online dating is not everybody and meetups are not great for the shy if they go by themselves.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:59 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,007,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capflam View Post
I am kinda new to Miami and I find it hard to find people I can rely on, build friendship.
I've got lots of requests from gay guys asking me out at my gym, problem is, I'm straight.

Can someone help me out finding places where I can hangout and find just nice people eventually find a girlfriend (I'm newly single after a divorce). Only friends would be fine actually, I miss people I an rely one and trust and have some fun and go for a short vacation with.
Where should I go during the week or week end? Since I have my own business I am very flexible.
To give you a bit of background, I am French live in the US (legally of course) for over 9 years, and I do look very good (honest!). And I spent a lot of time working thought. So most people I know are business relationships which won't mix with my personal life. I want to share with someone now but I find it so difficult to find someone not interested in money or short term relationships that... it's depressing.

Is there any place that you guys would recommend I could go to and start having a life outside of work and meet open minded smart women not looking for a one night stand? (one night stand is ok thought, don't get me wrong :P, just that I'd lie to find people who become friends first at this point)

Don't laugh, but I recommend you get a cute medium-small dog (English Bulldog, Boston Terrier, French Bulldog, Poodle, etc). Then start taking the dog to local dog parks, walk around south beach, take the dog to the beach, supermarket, and go anywhere where dogs are allowed...You will get A LOT of attention from women. Women will come up to you to pet your dog, ask it's name, how old, or say how cute/sweet he/she is, etc. You never know where the conversation will take you.

I also recommend joining meetup.com and finding local groups that share the same interests as you.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:06 AM

3 posts, read 2,753 times
All good advices and I thank you guys for it. I somehow lost myself into working all days and week end and no vacations. I do look attractive, that's what the few dates I was able to get to told me and it's true.
I just want more experience with people feeling just like me. Could be fund I think ***MOD CUT**

Last edited by doggiebus; 06-10-2013 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: For your protection please use private message not your email.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:48 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,302,045 times
You could always try online dating. I would look at Plenty of Fish since it's free, and has a lot of people on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: