Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,032 times

Advertisements

Hello guys. I personally made this video for these nice people feeding homeless in downtown and I just wanted to share it with you since I consider that homeless in downtown of Miami is not what many people thing, included me. I knew they had a lot of needs but never thought they were that numerous and the number is increasing nowadays. Most people think they are there because they led their life toward whatever kind of addictions; however, the hidden truth is more chocking.Surprisingly most of them are there because economic or family problems.

But maybe the saddest part is that the "big fishes" around want them to evict forever just to beautify their facades when it's a problem of Miami Downtown administration.. Anyway, I am not going to enter in the reasons why because that's an endless topic but I just wanted to share it here.

I still have a second part and I'll release it soon when I have time. ty u all for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ut9KvhR-GE

Last edited by angelscorpio; 06-19-2013 at 06:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 06:05 AM

Default Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ut9KvhR-GE

Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
... they are there because they led their life toward whatever kind of addictions ... because of economic or family problems.

... it's a problem of Miami Downtown administration ...
Nothing surprising or shocking, these problems have existed in all human societies since year one, Miami is hardly an exception, there is nothing hidden about it.

Except in extreme situations of societal breakdown, such as war, the underying cause is some kind of mental illness which, in turn, can be exacerbated by economic and family problems, and often associated with addictions and possibly leading to homelessness or some other combination of sad results.

Nonetheless, I agree in the sense that each county or municipality should have a concrete policy of what to do with the mentally ill, addicts, and particularly the homeless, whatever the trigger.

Is there a county/municipal agency or agencies responsible for these types of people? If so, which one or ones?

You cannot blame business owners and residents for not wanting such people in front of their stores or at their intersections. But it does take a collective effort to address the problem.

So what is the current state of Miami-Dade County/City of Miami institutions and agencies to deal with the homeless problem, if any?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Thank you for sharing. It's a very enlightening video. English subtitles would probably increase your audience. Nice work.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:05 AM

Question I think it is a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Nothing surprising or shocking, these problems have existed in all human societies since year one, Miami is hardly an exception, there is nothing hidden about it.

Except in extreme situations of societal breakdown, such as war, the underying cause is some kind of mental illness which, in turn, can be exacerbated by economic and family problems, and often associated with addictions and possibly leading to homelessness or some other combination of sad results.

Nonetheless, I agree in the sense that each county or municipality should have a concrete policy of what to do with the mentally ill, addicts, and particularly the homeless, whatever the trigger.

Is there a county/municipal agency or agencies responsible for these types of people? If so, which one or ones?

You cannot blame business owners and residents for not wanting such people in front of their stores or at their intersections. But it does take a collective effort to address the problem.

So what is the current state of Miami-Dade County/City of Miami institutions and agencies to deal with the homeless problem, if any?

it's a concern of Miami Downtown authority administration.. but I am not 100% sure

Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 AM

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Thank you for sharing. It's a very enlightening video. English subtitles would probably increase your audience. Nice work.
It took me one day to make the translations since I am not native English speaker so I tried to do my best..

Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Really no need to pat ourselves on the back for and get all self-righteous about discovering hot water or sliced bread or re-inventing the wheel for the umpteenth time.

Here is the Miami-Dade institution responsible for the homeless problem: Miami-Dade Homeless Trust

Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Really no need to pat ourselves on the back for and get all self-righteous about discovering hot water or sliced bread or re-inventing the wheel for the umpteenth time.

Here is the Miami-Dade institution responsible for the homeless problem: Miami-Dade Homeless Trust
I am not seeing self-righteousness in that video. I understand we all have different perceptions and what is blue to you might be green to me. That is ok, that is part of life. Let's agree to disagree.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
Quote:
you don't speak spanish

Old 06-19-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
you don't speak spanish
Yes I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: