Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:35 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times

Advertisements

Wow, didn't realize that, good thing I didn't move to the Bay Harbor islands, as I'd be paying both of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
North Beach has so much more to offer than Surfside. Don't believe me? Drive up and down Collins Ave and Harding Ave between the two locations on a weekend evening, you'll notice North Beach is much more active. Those people are there for a reason! Surfside is fine if you're OK with walking to the same couple of places every time, but if you want variety, North Beach wins.
I obviously agree. I love living in the heart of the North Beach dining/retail district. It's great being able to go out the front of the condo and walk to restaurants offering a variety of international cuisines, not to mention bars, supermarkets, drugstores, hardware & other retail stores, a library, post office, theater/playhouse, parks, etc.

And of course I can walk out the back of the condo and be on a beautiful paved walking/biking trail along the beach from Allison Park, past North Shore Park, Ocean Terrace, and ending at North Shore Open Space Park (which has a very nice beach btw, for those of you looking to get away from the crowds and highrises).

Miami Best Beach - North Shore Open Space Park - Best Of Miami - Miami New Times

Old 10-30-2015, 01:43 PM

28 posts, read 40,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
North Beach has so much more to offer than Surfside. Don't believe me? Drive up and down Collins Ave and Harding Ave between the two locations on a weekend evening, you'll notice North Beach is much more active. Those people are there for a reason! Surfside is fine if you're OK with walking to the same couple of places every time, but if you want variety, North Beach wins.
What about commuting? How easy is access to 95 from Surfside? North Beach?

Old 10-30-2015, 02:37 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troxellPA View Post
A pain

Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troxellPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
A pain
You should stick to answering questions about Weston because you very obviously haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about when it comes to North Beach.

In answer to troxell's question, getting to I-95 from North Beach is a breeze. From 63rd Street you take Alton Road onto the Julia Tuttle Causeway (I-195) and 5 minutes later you're at I-95. Or from the northern end of North Beach, you can go straight across the 79th Street Causeway to I-95. Going across 79th St. is a more direct route, but can take a little longer because it's more city driving with stoplights.

About three times a week I drive from North Beach to West Miami by way of the Julia Tuttle during the a.m. rush hour and it takes me 10-15 minutes to reach the I-95 interchange from my condo building on Collins Ave. (about 9 miles)

Old 10-30-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You should stick to answering questions about Weston because you very obviously haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about when it comes to North Beach.

In answer to troxell's question, getting to I-95 from North Beach is a breeze. From 63rd Street you take Alton Road onto the Julia Tuttle Causeway (I-195) and 5 minutes later you're at I-95. Or from the northern end of North Beach, you can go straight across the 79th Street Causeway to I-95. Going across 79th St. is a more direct route, but can take a little longer because it's more city driving with stoplights.

About three times a week I drive from North Beach to West Miami by way of the Julia Tuttle during the a.m. rush hour and it takes me 10-15 minutes to reach the I-95 interchange from my condo building on Collins Ave. (about 9 miles)
I was thinking 79th (most obvious choice for someone starting in Surfside). It looks painful with all the lights, banged up pavement, and only one lane going East. Not to mention the ugly scenery which goes well with the said banged up pavement.

Yeah, I think I will stick to Weston where we have beautiful scenery, no traffic, and smooth pavement.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I was thinking 79th (most obvious choice for someone starting in Surfside). It looks painful with all the lights, banged up pavement, and only one lane going East. Not to mention the ugly scenery which goes well with the said banged up pavement.
Once again you're displaying your ignorance about the area.

First of all, 79th Street is not one lane heading east; it has three lanes heading east. If you're directionally challenged and actually meant traveling west, then you are way off base for another reason. Although 79th St. is one lane heading west, that's not the way someone coming across the Causeway gets to I-95. The Causeway curves slightly north after the last drawbridge and through traffic continues west on 82nd St. which is multi-lane and one-way all the way to (and past) the I-95 interchange.

Finally, people who live in Surfside most likely wouldn't take the 79th St. Causeway anyway (unless they're headed south); they would take the Broad Causeway at 96th St. which feeds into the 125th Street I-95 interchange.

It's great that you enjoy living in Weston; however, that does not give you carte blanche to providing misleading and flat out erroneous information on other areas of the metro area for which you are obviously unfamiliar.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Once again you're displaying your ignorance about the area.

First of all, 79th Street is not one lane heading east; it has three lanes heading east. If you're directionally challenged and actually meant traveling west, then you are way off base for another reason. Although 79th St. is one lane heading west, that's not the way someone coming across the Causeway gets to I-95. The Causeway curves slightly north after the last drawbridge and through traffic continues west on 82nd St. which is multi-lane and one-way all the way to (and past) the I-95 interchange.

Finally, people who live in Surfside most likely wouldn't take the 79th St. Causeway anyway (unless they're headed south); they would take the Broad Causeway at 96th St. which feeds into the 125th Street I-95 interchange.

It's great that you enjoy living in Weston; however, that does not give you carte blanche to providing misleading and flat out erroneous information on other areas of the metro area for which you are obviously unfamiliar.
Sorry, yes, one lane heading West, TO I-95. That's what I meant, but somehow wrote East instead. Happy now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami