Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:02 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,818,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderNYC View Post
Hey guys how is Miami nightlife compared to New York/Manhattan? Personally I think NYC has a bigger nightlife and club scene than Miami.
Manhattan of course has more variety. You can go to a decent club any night of the week. But the top clubs in miami (liv, story, even mansion) are on a different level than the nyc clubs. That being said, much more variety in ny. You can go to a sports bar that more closely resembles a club than pub.

The guys you see out in ny buying 30k bottles are usually nerdy finance guys. The guys doing it in miami have neck tattoos or old men with world class tans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Manhattan of course has more variety. You can go to a decent club any night of the week. But the top clubs in miami (liv, story, even mansion) are on a different level than the nyc clubs. That being said, much more variety in ny. You can go to a sports bar that more closely resembles a club than pub.

The guys you see out in ny buying 30k bottles are usually nerdy finance guys. The guys doing it in miami have neck tattoos or old men with world class tans
NYC has many more options and more variety but I agree with this, when you are talking about the top clubs. World Famous clubs Miami is the #1 spot in the U.S.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM

93 posts, read 309,904 times
id say 3k bottle service, not 30k that'd be a little ridiculous.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:36 PM

313 posts, read 643,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
NYC has many more options and more variety but I agree with this, when you are talking about the top clubs. World Famous clubs Miami is the #1 spot in the U.S.
NYC and Vegas have similar nightclubs that can go up against anything in Miami.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post
Similar? Sure. A better DJs and club scene as Miami? No. Vegas is an American town it full of tourist mainly from the U.S. it has rhe large clubs and being vegas it has the well known DJs come in but its not the same as Miami. NYC has a better nightlife but for the stereotype European type club Miami still has it beat. For everything else NYC has it. So sure they can go up against Miami clubs but IMO it doesn't beat Miami. It's just an opinion.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 PM

471 posts, read 846,586 times
I am from Italy and in my opinion Miami is #1.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 PM

745 posts, read 1,574,740 times
Is there a lot of cocaine and xtc use?

Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 PM

169 posts, read 308,648 times
If you can afford south beach every night then you'll enjoy "miami's" nightlife for until you get bored of it.
Majority of the people on south beach aren't from miami anyways.
The true miami nightlife, not miami beach, is quite the boring or dangerous one and occasionally gets "risky" fun.

Old 09-24-2013, 12:34 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,818,937 times
What in NYC is even remotely comparable to Vegas? The larger clubs (pacha, Webster hall) are filled with 19 yr old goons from the outer boroughs. The top edm clubs (lavo, finale) would be considered tier 2 or 3 clubs in Vegas, not even close to XS, marquee).

XS and marquee may have more bells and whistles than Miami, but Vegas can also be amateur hour. The next time at LIV I see a chunky girl from Kansas carrying her high heels and wearing a bachelorette sash will be the first.

On the Miami / Vegas comparison, Miami day life is significantly lacking. They should revamp the entire Nikki beach to a huge pool club. It's big enough, and Miami has year round weather for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclealbertt View Post

Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 PM

44 posts, read 59,820 times
Funny thread. My comment may **** some people off but I am an accomplished musician with a thorough knowledge of music theory so if it does so be it. To eah his own and it's only an opinion.

So Miami is a great nightlife scene because it has electronic music and DJ's? LOL. I can set at home and make electronic music in my studio on my computer. Anybody can. All it takes is a computer, some loop CD's and the Ableton Live software program. But I am a real musician that can actually play guitar, bass guitar, piano and write songs so I make real music instead of the computer generated music DJ's play. Actually the music DJ's play are mainly loops that are recorded by real musicians. So if electronic music and great DJ's is all that Miami has going for it, then that is sad.

Luckily Miami nightlife has some of the most beautiful women in the world. And that is a major plus. I don't go to a club to see some crappy DJ's spinning other peoples music. I go for the atmosphere and the women. I wish I didn't have to listen to the sterile and soulless electronic music but I put up with it because the ladies love it. SO while Miami is a beautiful and exciting city with some great clubs, it's music scene doesn't not compare to a city with an well established live music scene such as Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami