Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:57 PM

46 posts, read 113,887 times

Advertisements

I have never been to USA ,but I plan to emigrate. Miami seems to have the perfect climate...I wonder why has it not become the #1 city in population too..? Why people still emigrate from abroad & from within USA to NYC,Chicago ,LA,the 3 worst places to live in USA from all aspects..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,947,320 times
In terms of climate, many people would consider Honolulu > San Diego > Miami. Except for smog, LA comes close to beating Miami. Many people have trouble dealing with the summers here.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,846,249 times
Number one climate is very subjective; there are many people that like four seasons.

People live generally where there is work, not where they want to. No matter how much I like Miami, I like a few more places better in the world. But since there is no work there, I cannot live there unless I become rich.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:22 PM

I searched about all.. Very expensive,It does have winters & they say that the ocean is always cold. Miami is the only city in USA without winters...San Diego is also very expensive,houses cost 2X more than Miami... Honolulu is not mainland USA...Also,LA,SD,Hon,no guns,no death penalty...I see u live in Aventura..They say it is cosmopolitan,good quality people,leftwing...

Old 12-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Number one climate is very subjective; there are many people that like four seasons.

People live generally where there is work, not where they want to. No matter how much I like Miami, I like a few more places better in the world. But since there is no work there, I cannot live there unless I become rich.

I am afraid that u said the big truth..If anyone,citizen or immigrant finds a job somewhere,he will..follow the job,not the ..sunshine...

Old 12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,192,431 times
First, if climate was the sole criteria for choosing a place to live, then you may have a point, but even then Miami is very far from having the best climate in the country.

Where did you read that NYC, Chicago and LA are the 3 worst places in the US?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
First, if climate was the sole criteria for choosing a place to live, then you may have a point, but even then Miami is very far from having the best climate in the country.

Where did you read that NYC, Chicago and LA are the 3 worst places in the US?

I concluded that,based on prices,crime,traffic,climate,laws etc...By "best climate" I mean the warmest all year-round...I checked the data in Wikipedia ,Google & also here in CDF...

Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,947,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonaproudmiamian View Post
I searched about all.. Very expensive,It does have winters & they say that the ocean is always cold. Miami is the only city in USA without winters...San Diego is also very expensive,houses cost 2X more than Miami... Honolulu is not mainland USA...Also,LA,SD,Hon,no guns,no death penalty...I see u live in Aventura..They say it is cosmopolitan,good quality people,leftwing...
very left wing! good neighbors ... except when they're in their cars. Very Jewish.

Caution: houses and anything larger than a 1 br condo in the desirable parts of Miami are not that cheap, you can't just look at, say, the median, ...that is, assuming you don't want to live in a ghetto or somewhere that's a 45 minute drive to get anywhere. That and the fact with with the hurricane insurance you can't afford nearly as much house as you *think* you can afford.

A few years ago Miami did get down into the 30's at night and upper 40's with rain all day, so it is possible to get cold in Miami. During the 2 years I lived in Honolulu, I think it got down to like 60 once. If you think Honolulu surf is cold, try Miami Beach in February...brrr (although you feel tough when it's 68 degree surf and you're out swimming and everybody else is scared to touch the water!) San Diego I got you though, but that's the surf, not *technically* the climate

Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,020,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonaproudmiamian View Post
I concluded that,based on prices,crime,traffic,climate,laws etc...By "best climate" I mean the warmest all year-round...I checked the data in Wikipedia ,Google & also here in CDF...
Miami does not have low crime
Miami is not a cheap place to live
Miami has a ton of traffic problems and bad public transit
The laws are pretty much the same around the country besides for state taxes and few other things.
Climate I can agree. As long as you don't mind rain every day from May to October, high humidity, 94F summer days, and the possible hurricanes. Some people enjoy the four seasons and stuff. Miami has a nice climate but it has its positives and negatives.

Anyway people don't move just for climate they move mainly for jobs. Chicago, LA, NY, DC, Dallas, Atlanta are all better for jobs. And Miami after LA and NYC has the most immigrants coming in I believe.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:06 PM

I concluded that Homestead has the most affordable prices,in that " light green "area of it,as in the CDF map...With $160-200K I can buy a ( pre-owned..) "mansion",by Euro standards there .....How much would I pay for hurricane insurance..? Your opinion on Homestead..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami