Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 06:56 PM

567 posts, read 893,969 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

Recently accepted a job in Doral Florida, young mid 20s making high 60s- low 70s after its all said and done. Looking for a 1 or 2 bdrm apartment. What are my price ranges in that area? I'm looking at maybe 1600 and below for rent. Anything in that area that's in a walkable area or has easy access to greenspace? Does it make sense just to live in Doral or does a reverse commute from Miami proper work better. If not I come from a city where I lived 20-30 minutes by car from the action so a little distance doesn't bother me. Also random question...what are gas prices looking like now?

Thanks in Advanced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 AM

1,049 posts, read 968,571 times
Doral isn't very walkable but you can definitely find a decent 1 bedroom for that price there, and it is generally a nice area.

You might be able to get something in Dowtown or Brickell also and the commute wouldn't be bad at all, plus it's a more walkable area with tons to do.

Gas prices lately have been around $2.15 to $2.30 depending on where you live in Dade or Broward.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,378,798 times
Live in Downtown, Brickell, Edgewater (area just North of Downtown on Biscayne), or South Beach. The commute is reversed, it won't be bad and you'll enjoy living in Miami a lot more than living in the suburbs of Doral, Kendall, Miami Lakes, etc. (all the areas that border Doral).

Before we got into Real Estate, my wife & I both lived in South Beach and commuted to our jobs in Doral. Working the morning shifts (8-5, 9-5), getting to Doral was easy (about 24 mins). Coming home, I was further 'in' Doral so most of the slow down was just getting to the 836 (this was before the new fly over for the 826 was built). Once on the 836, it was relatively smooth to the beach for me, maybe a half hour or so to get home. But at least in those areas, once I'm home, the car was parked and didn't need it anymore as we walked everywhere (beach, pool, gym, publix/fresh market, bank, shops, etc.)

Old 08-22-2017, 05:27 PM

567 posts, read 893,969 times
Awesome thanks for the recommendations. I know that this wasn't mentioned, but what about little Haiti? It seems like its got a great location and prices are really cheap.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:22 PM

874 posts, read 906,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
Awesome thanks for the recommendations. I know that this wasn't mentioned, but what about little Haiti? It seems like its got a great location and prices are really cheap.
Doral actually is building a lot of modern, walkable neighborhoods. Unfortunately, the prices of them are a little above your target price. One of my tenants just moved into a unit where she's paying $1770 a month for a one bedroom, resort quality amenities, walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, bars, movie theater. Also, accessible to Doral's great FREE public trolley system. She's 23 years old, and has never had a driver's license. While she's planning on getting one, in the meantime she has access to basically everything she needs.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:47 PM

1,049 posts, read 968,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
Little Haiti is not really somewhere you want to be living right now. It is just starting the early phases of gentrification, but it isn't even close to what Wynwood experienced yet. There is still siginificant crime and poverty and you wont be able to walk anywhere. The only exception would be if it is right along Biscayne, but even still I wouldn't recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami