Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:46 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,455 times

Advertisements

whats wrong with hialeah i live here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 02:33 AM

57 posts, read 59,346 times
Miami Springs would be a nice option to look at too if you are closer to the south part of Hialeah

Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM

68 posts, read 71,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpEcT View Post
Miami Springs would be a nice option to look at too if you are closer to the south part of Hialeah
Miami Springs = one of the few parts of Miami with character. If I had the money, I'd live there. Even driving through Springs is safe as the cops don't take any BS.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
whats wrong with hialeah i live here
I would say that most people don't prefer it...

Old 12-07-2007, 07:51 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9s View Post
palm springs north is older but there still seems to be one of the few places with a small lingering middle class sense of community...some parks, a lake, a neighboorhood watch, a branch library. the area is not insanely expensive like say miami lakes to the south. no traffic headache through streets. plus Tony's Place italian restaurant. have tony make you lasagna with mushrooms.
I agree, you should check out these places (in no particular order)

Miami Springs is a little oasis, with lovely older homes. Very quiet, but centrally located to the airport, just south of Hialeah, and not too far from downtown. I would live in Miami Springs, but not sure of the school system.
Palm Springs North (Tony's Restaurant is wonderful family spot, no frills, just great food). However, I would not want my kids attending Miami Lakes Middle or American High. Just north is Miramar, something to consider, as the area west of Red Road is quite nice. You may not be into developments, though. Cooper City is a little bit further north, but has lots of small home-town feel to it. My husband commutes to Hialeah daily. Weston, a little bit north of that, is beautiful...full of developments, almost too beautiful for me, though.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 29,894 times
Echo others opinions of Miami Lakes and South Broward. Your best bet for relative lack of culture shock would be the SW Broward County areas (particularly Davie and Cooper City). Weston is OK too, but way too antiseptic for me. Schools are probably a notch or two better in Davie and Weston than in Miami Lakes. Wherever you decide to live, make sure it's within easy access of I-75. That will make or break you as far as traffic is concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami