Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 PM

34 posts, read 105,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
Exactly dead-on the money. Like I posted on this thread earlier, Miami does not have any problems other large metro-areas do not have. Personally I love Miami and its energy and I've lived since I was a kid.

I lived in Raleigh, clean,very low violent crime, no traffic, seemingly no problems, affordable housing - all the great things you want in a city. The only problem is you'll die of boredom..ZZZZZZZZ
i moved upstate ny catskill beautiful peaceful BUT dead BORDOM ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ LOL
im coming back home MIAMI selling house and packing up here i come miami mind you i just left miami in nov 2007 i cant stand being away from home miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 09:33 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,738,096 times
Miami is an extremely boring place unless you are drunk or drugged out. I have had more fun in rural towns than I ever did in Miami.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:27 AM

24 posts, read 188,529 times
Default I agree with you 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I too lurk here a couple times a day. Once in a while I'll post, more often than not I'm just reading. I have asked the same question regarding the haters. I've have learned that some are here due to family responsibilities and others are financially bound. The one thing I still don't understand is that why the people that HAVE moved away from this area continue to post here and bash the area. Certainly their new areas also have CD.
I have learned plenty from this forum. I've learned the safe areas as well as the areas to stay away from.

I personally love it here. Sure, I'm not directly in Miami, but the area I chose to be my new home is to me, heaven. I'm in love with South Florida. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. Believe it or not, there are others here like you and I that love it here. I'm sure you probably already know from lurking who you can count on for good solid information. Regarding the haters, someone here was kind enough to refer me to the ignore feature. It works wonders!

I agree with you 100%. The haters of Miami/South Florida should stay off this forum especially if they have moved away from here. I will not let a few of them (haters) spoil my dream of moving down here. I am still making my plans to move here with my family. I am not going to give up. There is bad and good everywhere! Cant people see that??? I guess only you and I see it I dont know??? I am tired of the cold andlack of activities(things to do) in Ohio and I am determined to make it happen with God's help. I encourage you continue to remain on this forum for lots of people like me that desires a better life living in S. FLA. Take care.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,358,705 times
ohhhh its not that bad. They have activities though you must have money to go to them for the most part. Meh, I don't know *shrugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Miami is an extremely boring place unless you are drunk or drugged out. I have had more fun in rural towns than I ever did in Miami.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:52 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,448,766 times
There are people that no matter what you tell them they are determined to move to Florida. A hurricane could wipe out the place or whatever and they still would move here because its "Florida" what they remember Florida being when they were a kid on vacation. Or its the sun, warmth, etc. Yet they will ignore the bad stuff because its Florida, sun shine and palm trees. Well let them move here, they will figure it out soon enough (what many complain about on here).

Again, I have said this before, those that I have met that have come down here in the last few years, with that belief of sun and palm trees, have all left within 3 years. For those with children moving to Florida, I have to say friends of mine with children have left South Florida to raise their children in a better lifestyle. Now I do know people that are raising their children in South Florida (many however want to leave, but can't for many reasons), but they are not latch key kids and they many have nannys, which helps. Now I wouldn't raise my children in South Florida (don't have children).

Not everyone is going to love South Florida, and not everyone is going to hate it. Its an individual view. I think many people understand this. It all depending on what you are willing to put up with/give up to live here. Most of my friends have left South Florida for a better lifestyle as South Florida has deteriated.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,342 times
Why not move to the Bahamas instead? I hear its like Florida except everyone speaks English.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttodwellinsfla08 View Post
I agree with you 100%. The haters of Miami/South Florida should stay off this forum especially if they have moved away from here. I will not let a few of them (haters) spoil my dream of moving down here. I am still making my plans to move here with my family. I am not going to give up. There is bad and good everywhere! Cant people see that??? I guess only you and I see it I dont know??? I am tired of the cold andlack of activities(things to do) in Ohio and I am determined to make it happen with God's help. I encourage you continue to remain on this forum for lots of people like me that desires a better life living in S. FLA. Take care.
I grew up there.I guess you have to find out for yourself.You may even like it who knows.

Good and bad everywhere yes,In Miami the bad out weighs the good IMO.And that judgement has only been reinforced since I have seen other areas of America.I can see wanting to get out of Ohio,but Florida has better areas than Miami even if you just go to Broward.

You know taxes and insurance in Dade county alone are double what other areas of Florida are and from what I have found wages aren't that much different and sometimes better outside of Dade.

And while I don't dislike anyone,when you go to Brandsmart and you are the only white or black person almost in the whole store,I'm sorry how can you call Miami a "meltingpot".What white or black people are in Miami are token leftovers.And that effects nightlife,and "things to do" and "jobs to get".

I do miss all those hot latin ladies though,and Cuban cafeterias.

Good luck

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 AM

34 posts, read 85,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I would much rather sit on a beach and and watch the bunnies go by than sit on a porch and watch the cars go by. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:32 AM

385 posts, read 1,890,936 times
can't get eaten by a shark snowboarding

Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe_ToBe? View Post
I would much rather sit on a beach and and watch the bunnies go by than sit on a porch and watch the cars go by. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Ugh,Florida is surrounded by 3 sides of ocean.Miami or Broward are not the only beach sites to go to unless you like being suffocated by other people.

While I haven't been to the beach in my new area yet people are telling me Clearwater beach is awesome,I need to go inspect it.

But when you are ready to sit on the porch let me tell you how much greener and more peaceful (in certain areas) it is.With forrests........yeah real forrests not just just a couple left over pine trees and planted palm trees.

To each your own though.Personally I'm happy living in a area diverse with people,houses half of cost in Miami,wages not so different and taxes&insurance half of Miami.

Alot more people say hello and smile here also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami