Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2014, 05:54 PM

683 posts, read 852,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Don't talk about New York City if you're not from here please. Sitting on the internet saying parts of NYC aren't bad mean nothing. Show us something that proves it cause at the end of the day, you like most e thug bloggers probably have never stepped up to anyone in any hood in this country.

The only New Yorkers who take Miami hoods serious are the Haitians and we all know why.
With almost 6k posts, this would be you. Of course you missed the whole point. The point is just because you are from Brooklyn doesn't mean you are from the rough parts like Bed Stuy or Red Hook. A lot of NYers that come down here try to talk tough about being from BK and they probably lived in a nice Brownstone, not the projects. I wouldn't be surprised if you are that type.

How could you not take the Miami hoods serious if you never lived there? I'm sure you never stepped foot in Liberty City, Opa Locka, Overtown, or Carol City. Of course you can't take it serious if you are speeding through those neighborhoods with your windows up and doors locked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 05:58 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toFm4CkDaUE

Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 PM

471 posts, read 850,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetWhiteKnight View Post
VS 8-9.5 months of unbearable heat and humidity and up to 6 months of rain. Besides, drier heat is more tolerable. You know what they say.
Too much of anything...

Seasons are nice though. At least you know, even at it's worst winter is not going to last for like 3/4 of the year. Spring and fall? Lovely.
You are crazy sir. NY has one of the worst humidity I have ever experienced. Taking the subway in the summer is a nightmare (and you are forced to unless you can afford the LUXURY of a car). Spring? It's April 1, and it's 41F the low. Last week it snowed. It started snowing in early November. You call that lovely?

In NY having a washer/dryer or air conditioning is considered a luxury. Do you want to compare with the amenities of the buildings in Brickell at similar prices?

Miami has no unbearable heat. I have lived in Texas before. That is unbearable. Miami's weather is super nice 8-9 months a year. When it's hot you still have the beach and all the pools to go cool off. In NY you have Central Park. Laying at the parks is what poor Albanians and Africans do in Europe cities.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:21 PM

269 posts, read 247,004 times
These boards show how vastly different many Miami residents values and intelligence levels are from New Yorkers and other big city dwellers.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 PM

69 posts, read 92,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio View Post
You are crazy sir. NY has one of the worst humidity I have ever experienced. Taking the subway in the summer is a nightmare (and you are forced to unless you can afford the LUXURY of a car). Spring? It's April 1, and it's 41F the low. Last week it snowed. It started snowing in early November. You call that lovely?

In NY having a washer/dryer or air conditioning is considered a luxury. Do you want to compare with the amenities of the buildings in Brickell at similar prices?

Miami has no unbearable heat. I have lived in Texas before. That is unbearable. Miami's weather is super nice 8-9 months a year. When it's hot you still have the beach and all the pools to go cool off. In NY you have Central Park. Laying at the parks is what poor Albanians and Africans do in Europe cities.

LOL. I'm not even going to bother... This guy is arguing against science. Yeeeesh.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Females are kind of overrated in Florida. Every time it go to Miami a lot of these pretty girls on the beach do not actually live in miami.

But the Hispanic girls will give NYC a run for their money. In sure the Cubans look similar to the Ricans and Dominicanswe have up here.
You probably haven't even been to Miami making a ridiculous statement like that. Most the Cubans don't look like either of the Hispanics you mentioned in Miami.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:51 PM

7 posts, read 8,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
With almost 6k posts, this would be you. Of course you missed the whole point. The point is just because you are from Brooklyn doesn't mean you are from the rough parts like Bed Stuy or Red Hook. A lot of NYers that come down here try to talk tough about being from BK and they probably lived in a nice Brownstone, not the projects. I wouldn't be surprised if you are that type.

How could you not take the Miami hoods serious if you never lived there? I'm sure you never stepped foot in Liberty City, Opa Locka, Overtown, or Carol City. Of course you can't take it serious if you are speeding through those neighborhoods with your windows up and doors locked.
^6k! Jesus, do they pay you??

Overtown is HOOD... got lost walking through it once, never again.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:25 AM

471 posts, read 850,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetWhiteKnight View Post
LOL. I'm not even going to bother... This guy is arguing against science. Yeeeesh.
Of course. You have no facts in your argument.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 AM

69 posts, read 92,031 times
I posted links to facts. You ignored them and told me I have no supporting facts. I can't read it and understand it for you.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_girl_only View Post
^6k! Jesus, do they pay you??

Overtown is HOOD... got lost walking through it once, never again.
I guess NY isn't exciting enough for him since he spends most of his time on City Data.

You don't have to tell me OverTown is hood. I know lol. Would love the big bad NY talk about it's a vacation spot and start spitting that I'm from NY BS and see what happens. They would never do it though.

Last edited by deboinair; 04-02-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami