Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:07 PM

140 posts, read 434,373 times

Advertisements

There is just no point for a stadium to take up bay front space; better uses would be more cruise terminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:54 PM

683 posts, read 852,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
lol I guess u assumed that I watch college football from my username but I honestly couldn't careless about it my username is because I like actual hurricanes, u know the ones the make u pay sky high insurance yea those guys are awesome
Wait are you one of those people that actually chase the hurricanes like the people who chase tornadoes? lol

Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I agree but Heat fans do use the Metromover a lot as well. The expansion of Metrorail to the Port and then onwards towards South Beach would be ideal. Then again who is going to pay for my pipe dream?
I'm willing to pay my share!

Meanwhile, Metromover is a computerized, automated system, so there is no reason why it can't run express at double the current frequency for the NEXT Heat game...

Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
Wait are you one of those people that actually chase the hurricanes like the people who chase tornadoes? lol
within reason yes, I am not going 2 drive 10 hours to Louisiana for a hurricane but I'll drive 2 key west or Fort myres if their is a hurricane coming.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:34 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
within reason yes, I am not going 2 drive 10 hours to Louisiana for a hurricane but I'll drive 2 key west or Fort myres if their is a hurricane coming.
I know I am a big hurricane fan, the higher the category the better! The 2005 season was the best, two low cat hurricanes, but both caused widespread power outages. They are best at home where you can get the mess cleaned up the day after, then enjoy the stars at night. The generators are noisy at first, but the longer power stays out the fewer generators run. I went to my parents home to ride out the storm, and then gather wood to feed the generator. Every hurricane season I make my prediction, then make sure the Bobcats, chipper and chainsaws are in good working order. Lots more fun than sitting in an uncomfortable plastic seat watching overgrown, overpaid kids play with their balls on a field.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I agree but Heat fans do use the Metromover a lot as well. The expansion of Metrorail to the Port and then onwards towards South Beach would be ideal. Then again who is going to pay for my pipe dream?
I think the plan is to expand metromover to the port. Check this out County Considering Expansion Of Peoplemover Brickell Loop - Mass Transit Watch - Curbed Miami

They need to start charging for it, at least 75 centers or so. That will keep the homeless off and also it would help fund the darn thing.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
I'm willing to pay my share!

Meanwhile, Metromover is a computerized, automated system, so there is no reason why it can't run express at double the current frequency for the NEXT Heat game...
I wish the would make the metromover at least 50cents. The fact that it's free makes it expensive to the county if they want 2 increase frequency or expand it. They need try and get some revenue from the people who actually use it so that they don't increase other taxes.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,820,281 times
Sometimes I can't blame the government when people criticize it. If they were to charge a fee for metro mover people will complain, if they increase the fee people will complain, and now when I thought I heard it all people are complaining because metro mover is free.

People, you complain that we pay taxes and yet we have to pay tolls, park entrances, rescue trips to the hospital, etc. Now you want to pay for one of the few services that remains free.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Sometimes I can't blame the government when people criticize it. If they were to charge a fee for metro mover people will complain, if they increase the fee people will complain, and now when I thought I heard it all people are complaining because metro mover is free.

People, you complain that we pay taxes and yet we have to pay tolls, park entrances, rescue trips to the hospital, etc. Now you want to pay for one of the few services that remains free.
it's because I don't want to have to pay taxes to subsidize something I don't use. If I have the choice of getting rid of the half penny tax and making the transit systems pay for themselves instead of endlessly subsidize them I will happily take it. I would like to see transit stop relying on general revenue and pay for itself. When I say transit I don't just mean metromover metrorail and metrobus I also mean our very expensive road system, but I don't want toll increases to be used as a pretext 4 more government spending I want general taxes to be slashed by the same amount revenue is raised by tolls and other fees.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:29 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,937,891 times
All they have to do with the Brickell loop is run two car trains during peak hours, and run them every 2 minutes like in the past, not 5+ minutes like nowadays...I suppose they only have a limited supply of Metromover cars to work with, though.

I was out at Bayside today, and looking at the unused drawbridge route, I cannot see how Beckham could claim that the stadium is within a 15 minute walk of the Metrorail and most of the existing parking downtown...especially when you account for crowding! Most Miamians are not going to deal with parking hassles or crowded Metromover trains, AND on top of that walk 20+ minutes EACH WAY! Also, the tunnel is supposed to be for trucks, not stadium traffic!!!

Something more useful would need to be built out to the Port. And it should be independent of the current Metromover network...which is SLOW enough already! Getting it to connect to the Beach may be a stretch, but perhaps Midtown and Design District can be done. Ideally busses should not have to enter downtown of the heart of Brickell, because the Metromover network is fast and frequent enough to reliably make transfers...this is far from the case with the current Mover system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami