Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 12:55 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times

Advertisements

Greetings:

Can I get some recommendations for the best 3 or 4 buildings to rent from in Brickell?....as a rule of thumb, I was told the closer you get to the vicinity of the Epic Hotel the possibility of noisier tenants (i.e. U of Miami students) increases--is this true?. The closer you get to The Four Seasons Hotel and further beyond, the older the buildings but the more quieter.

One building that came highly recommended was 1060 Brickell--nice newer building but also very close to Mary Brickell Village. As a 1-2/x week cigar smoker, it's pretty cool that they have a cigar (with storage lockers) and wine room....any other highly rated buildings?

Any thoughts or recommendations that would include Brickell Key?....I trust I can find what's available by searching online and typing in the property name and looking for rentals--or would I be far better off using a realtor that specializes in rentals???

Finally.if all goes to plan my condo in San Diego would be sold by August and I would be moving into Brickell by end of September - end of October.....how far in advance do I need to start looking for a building and what is the likelihood I would find a unit in a building I want to live in and be able to move in within 30-60 days for the time frame outlined above?..in other words, trying to coordinate the sale of my condo with my moving in--I might be living in a perfect world if I expect there to be no overlap and might have to move into a condo in Miami before my place is sold.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 PM

9 posts, read 20,212 times
That "rule of thumb" makes no sense. There are UM students all over Brickell. I know of many who live in 1060, actually. Anything closer to Mary Brickell is going to be really noisy/active, especially on the weekends. The buildings I always recommend are 1060, Brickell on the River (both towers), and the Plaza. I lived in The Mark a few years ago. It's an older building but has great views and the units have nice layouts. I've found places in Brickell both using a realtor and using online tools (like Craigslist). Condos go really quickly in Brickell but I think you could probably find something 30 days out. You might want to use a realtor with that timeframe, though.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:15 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,829 times
yeah i would use a realtor in that timeframe. Just gotta get the right one

Old 03-27-2014, 02:15 PM

Thanks, guys....Brickell on the River looks real nice--love the layouts.....the more I think about it I might consider--assuming I can find one--renting a condo for 1 month for around $2000 instead of going to Rio for 7 or 8 nights for the same hotel cost. Think that would be enough time to give me a decent taste of what the area would be like before I jump into a big move from CA to FL. Would probably look at a May 1 - May 30 time frame....again, hopefully I could find a short term rental in a decent to nice building (for that length of time, could probably get by with a 1BR instead of a 2BR, which I would move into).

Old 03-27-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Thanks, guys....Brickell on the River looks real nice--love the layouts.....the more I think about it I might consider--assuming I can find one--renting a condo for 1 month for around $2000 instead of going to Rio for 7 or 8 nights for the same hotel cost. Think that would be enough time to give me a decent taste of what the area would be like before I jump into a big move from CA to FL. Would probably look at a May 1 - May 30 time frame....again, hopefully I could find a short term rental in a decent to nice building (for that length of time, could probably get by with a 1BR instead of a 2BR, which I would move into).
Be careful on Brickell on the River. I have a coworker that rented a condo 1 BR and wasn't well kept (terrible association too), but its probably the owner thats overseas (most cases in Brickell). Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:29 PM

Ok...thx....like my idea of renting for a month to get a lay of the land before committing to a cross country move?..any likelihood of my finding a decent furnished 1BR in Brickell for such a short time frame?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,274 times
Wow, if you don't mind me asking. Why are you wanting to leave San Diego? I just visited Cali (however, LA area) and am absolutely in love. Haven't been to San Diego, but the vibe of Cali is so laidback and the mountainous views are beautiful.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Ok...thx....like my idea of renting for a month to get a lay of the land before committing to a cross country move?..any likelihood of my finding a decent furnished 1BR in Brickell for such a short time frame?
yeah not sure if you can get a month rent but i would get a real estate agent who can get you one.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitaAGallo30 View Post
Wow, if you don't mind me asking. Why are you wanting to leave San Diego? I just visited Cali (however, LA area) and am absolutely in love. Haven't been to San Diego, but the vibe of Cali is so laidback and the mountainous views are beautiful.
....had my fill with SoCal, which I refer to as FauxCal, where I have spent the past 27 years (11 in San Diego and 16 prior to that in Orange County)...yes, the area is pretty and the weather is great (and that seems to be one of the few topics, the weather, people there are conversant about) but I'm not a palm tree and am moving for the people and change. I'm originally from the East Coast (NY metro area--not rural upstate) and even though I've spent the vast majority of my adult life in SoCal, it's time to move back East....San Diego is more of a place to vacation and/or the perfect witness protection city. In essence, it's a collection of small towns that calls itself a city that borders a 3rd world country and is a military town that has more the feel of Boca or Delray Beach--NOT Miami. Whereas you describe the people as laid back, I describe them as ignorant, classless, trashy, self absorbed, and cold with an entitled attitude. At this point I am looking for a change and Miami comes across to me as more of a real city, with a diverse and dynamic international vibe, 4 professional sports teams (not just 2), with a lot of energy with more ex-NY'ers like myself with better restaurants and a better ocean that you can actually go in without a wetsuit, and closer to where I prefer to vacation (Europe and Latin America). I have also picked up Florida as a territory, no payroll or 401K state tax, and will be closer to my elderly mom who still lives in NY.

Hope that explains it...California is certainly beautiful on the surface, but once you scratch and peel the layers you find there's not much under the facade --at least that's what I've finally determined and I'm ready for the next chapter in my life. Best analogy I could give is as follows--I used to live in NY for the people in spite of the weather; I have lived in California for the weather in spite of the people.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-27-2014 at 08:54 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 06:34 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
..any likelihood of my finding a decent furnished 1BR in Brickell for such a short time frame?
Sure, although I don't know whether you will for $2k. Keep in mind that short-term rentals charge more than similar units on a 1-yr lease. It's not 1/12 of the usual charge for renting just one month. I would suggest you take a look at vrbo.com or HomeAway. In fact, that's how I found my oceanfront condo on Miami Beach. I rented one for a three-month period to see how I liked the building and the area, and then when a similar unit in the building went on the market, I bought it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami